AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Shana

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-16, 19:37   Link #181
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
About whether Fumina is Hecate or not, can Shana fly to temporary residence of Bal Masque just to check whether Hecate is still at there or not? If Hecate is not at there, it just rises the possiblity of Fumina being Hecate.
uh...no, I'd say such a move would be tantamount to suicide, even for flame haze team like Shana and Alastor.

besides, they don't know where the Bal Masque land base whose name I can't read (whatever, the place Fecor guards) is. Think it's far more likely at this point that Yuji or Shana accidentally knock off Konoe's bracelet.
Old 2007-11-16, 19:42   Link #182
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638 Send a message via Skype™ to minhtam1638
Quote:
I was kind of hoping that Shana will give something else as bento to Yuji, like egg and breads since she took some cooking leason with Chigusa. The cooking leason was stopped after Shana is pisssed up. Since she is now happy again, hopefully she can resume cooking leason with Chigusa.
Eggs was my first guess as well. Maybe 2 loaves of Melon Bread and a side of scrambled eggs with soy sauce...
Old 2007-11-16, 22:53   Link #183
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
I was kind of hoping that Shana will give something else as bento to Yuji, like egg and breads since she took some cooking leason with Chigusa. The cooking leason was stopped after Shana is pisssed up. Since she is now happy again, hopefully she can resume cooking leason with Chigusa.
Or there is the old melon bread tempura, or melon bread sandwich etc etc. What happened to the good old rule of those who can't cook get all imaginative?
Old 2007-11-16, 22:54   Link #184
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Or there is the old melon bread tempura, or melon bread sandwich etc etc. What happened to the good old rule of those who can't cook get all imaginative?
That's as disgusting as Wilhelmina's cabbage roll.
Old 2007-11-17, 15:43   Link #185
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
uh...no, I'd say such a move would be tantamount to suicide, even for flame haze team like Shana and Alastor.

besides, they don't know where the Bal Masque land base whose name I can't read (whatever, the place Fecor guards) is. Think it's far more likely at this point that Yuji or Shana accidentally knock off Konoe's bracelet.
You are right. I hope that someone will eventually accidentally knock off Konoe's bracelet.
Old 2007-11-18, 20:20   Link #186
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
You are right. I hope that someone will eventually accidentally knock off Konoe's bracelet.
If it turns out that she's Hecate, what would happen next? I'm not sure if Hecate can even fight. Does she have any combat capabilities?
Old 2007-11-18, 21:48   Link #187
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
If it turns out that she's Hecate, what would happen next? I'm not sure if Hecate can even fight. Does she have any combat capabilities?
She doesn't need to fight, all she needs to do is snap her fingers and Yuji will automatically jump to her defence
Old 2007-11-18, 22:40   Link #188
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
She doesn't need to fight, all she needs to do is snap her fingers and Yuji will automatically jump to her defence
don't you mean Sydonay?
Old 2007-11-18, 23:06   Link #189
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Originally Posted by lua thien

Quote:
I'd imagine Sydonay's expression if he finds out that Hecate only wants Yuji for herself. Of course, the expression on Shana and the others are also in for shock.
Old 2007-11-18, 23:23   Link #190
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I also wish that show would just hurry up and progress. I would not mind this slow progress as much if it weren't for the fact that there are only going to be 24 episodes. If the rest of the novels are going to be placed in this second season, it is going to become very sloppy and rushed, which I do not want to see. At this rate I hope they get a 3rd season on its way.

School Days' ending really lightened me up on Yuiji's mental deficiency in recognizing people's feelings so he isn't bothering me nearly as much, especially because he is trying now (Unfortunately foiled though).

Anyways I rated this episode a 7/10, better than the last one but I hope we get to more story than slice of life shana...
Old 2007-11-19, 01:52   Link #191
grey_moon

Quote:
don't you mean Sydonay?
I can imagine it now. Konoe for some reason becomes Hecate. Shana jumps to attack, but Yuji automatically jumps to protect Konoe/Hecate (conditioning). Shana goes WTF, Yuji has a confused look on his face. Sydonay pops out from the shadows and does an evil laugh and goes on about his lovely pure Hecate. Konoe/Hecate glomps Yuji and tells Sydney that Yuji is enough for her. Sydonay has a nervous break down as does Shana.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:15   Link #192
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
I can imagine it now. Konoe for some reason becomes Hecate. Shana jumps to attack, but Yuji automatically jumps to protect Konoe/Hecate (conditioning). Shana goes WTF, Yuji has a confused look on his face. Sydonay pops out from the shadows and does an evil laugh and goes on about his lovely pure Hecate. Konoe/Hecate glomps Yuji and tells Sydney that Yuji is enough for her. Sydonay has a nervous break down as does Shana.
Killing two birds with one stone! Yuji that player

Well I hope they don't finish in this season.. The novel is still going so if they are going to finish then it'll turn into a anime original ending... I prefer things to stick as closely to it's original source as possible.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:21   Link #193
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Killing two birds with one stone! Yuji that player

Well I hope they don't finish in this season.. The novel is still going so if they are going to finish then it'll turn into a anime original ending... I prefer things to stick as closely to it's original source as possible.
thought you didn't like them having an increased presence this school material.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:26   Link #194
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
thought you didn't like them having an increased presence this school material.
Correct me if I am wrong. S1 covered materials up to Novel 9. This S2 episode 6 used materials from Novel 8. Judging up to episode 6, there will be a lot of materials they need to cover from Novel 10. If there is only season 2, I doubt that they will be able to finish covering all the materials.
Old 2007-11-19, 17:40   Link #195
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong. S1 covered materials up to Novel 9. This S2 episode 6 used materials from Novel 8. Judging up to episode 6, there will be a lot of materials they need to cover from Novel 10. If there is only season 2, I doubt that they will be able to finish covering all the materials.
Now that I think about it, there may be a season 3 after all. Assuming J.C. Staff doesn't screw up.
Old 2007-11-19, 18:15   Link #196
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
well, except that volume 10 and 15 have absolutely nothing to do with Shana.

At best they've got 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, and 17; at worst they've only got 11-14. And 11 and 13 for all intents and purposes have absolutely no fighting material in them. and that doesn't even take into account how much each volume actually makes up in terms of episodes. (lets just say we're not going to be getting 6 episodes out of it like the first season did for volume 1)

way I see it, they are indeed at a severe disadvantage in terms of material and have to include more school material if they want to "stick as closely to the original source as possible."
Old 2007-11-19, 18:18   Link #197
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:

At best they've got 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, and 17; at worst they've got only got 11-14. And 11 and 13 for all intents and purposes have absolutely no fighting material in them. and that doesn't even take into account how much each volume actually makes up in terms of episodes.
I believe each novel takes up 3-4 episodes. Given that we have about 15 left, we can go with the 11 to 14 deal, and leave the season hanging with a cliffhanger (again).
Old 2007-11-19, 18:38   Link #198
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
I have to agree with both of you. Although Vol 10 and 15 is not related with Shana, they represented the past and the past certainly has some effect on the present. If I am not mistaken, the synopsis for Vol 15 states that some events in Vol 15 has some important consequences for the future. Even if they choose not animate Vol 10 and 15 in season 2, they still have to take account of these events. Just my personal opinion, though.
Old 2007-11-19, 18:44   Link #199
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I have to agree with both of you. Although Vol 10 and 15 is not related with Shana, they represented the past and the past certainly has some effect on the present. If I am not mistaken, the synopsis for Vol 15 states that some events in Vol 15 has some important consequences for the future. Even if they choose not animate Vol 10 and 15 in season 2, they still have to take account of these events. Just my personal opinion, though.
see, but they've already noted the events of 10. and 15? they really don't. the statement was simply that a character who had appeared in there would be important later on.
Old 2007-11-19, 20:49   Link #200
Devard

I also think that if they're going to drop anything, it's probably going to be the tenth and fifteenth novels at this stage in the season. An OVA would be awesome though.
Closed Thread