AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-09-25, 03:13   Link #1201
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Well,they're seperate stories,with different variations.00P takes place alot in the past so they'd probably dont get much chance to incorparate the 00V,which seems to be more of the present.

As far as canon wise goes,00P is the same level of canon as 00V,which should be in the grey area like all other external sources.White area is the highest spot reserved for animated movies,and probably the TV series is white unless retconned in the movie.Games are almost always black though.

You translate the 00V and 00P stories [Which I am REALLY grateful for] ,I'd thought you would know more about them than I do.
Oops, I wasn't clear with my question... I was just trying to find a definite source for the Reborns-like image. I was asking, if an image of a machine is in Dengeki Hobby, does that mean that it was/is/will be featured in 00P (I didn't mean the main story)? It just so happens that if that Reborns-like image is indeed part of 00P, then it means that the machine has been around since that time, which I find interesting Or is that REALLY 1 Gundam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai Incognito View Post
The lineart pages, like GN Cannon's, are completely canon. That image of the weird Reborns thing looks like its one of the images from the 00P chapter, so that's I Gundam.
So it IS?! I love it. I want more info about it!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
So,have we confirmed how its spelled and pronounced?I would assume 1 would come after 0 intead of I.......
Now you said it, I will keep thinking iGundam... is it all white? (sorry lame joke) Anyway, it's confirmed that it's pronounced Ay Gundam as in the way you pronounce this: あい. Ai Gundam is Love (lame joke x2).

Interestingly, it is also pronounced the same way the SE1 ED song is (i [ai]). Also, it has been noted before that the "I" in 00I stands for "I" (as in "me" / "watashi"). I wonder what's up.
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 03:32   Link #1202
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

hmm but according to the official site reborns gundam was developed using exias data. this new info suggests that reborns gundam was once I gundam and is actually o gundams successor unit which kind of goes agaisnt what the official site is saying. Thats why i have some doubts that the reborns like machine is Ai gundam. But i do think some of you guys have a good reason of thinking it is I gundam.
Old 2009-09-25, 03:33   Link #1203
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Ah so it is pronoced I good to know.

So "I" would be the more better spelling than 1 right?
Old 2009-09-25, 03:34   Link #1204
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
hmm but according to the official site reborns gundam was developed using exias data. this new info suggests that reborns gundam was once I gundam and is actually o gundams successor unit which kind of goes agaisnt what the official site is saying. Thats why i have some doubts that the reborns like machine is Ai gundam
Its still possible that Exia's data was integrated into the I Gundam at some point, or along with the I Gundam and GN-Cannon data to create the Reborns Gundam/Cannon.
Old 2009-09-25, 03:39   Link #1205
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
hmm but according to the official site reborns gundam was developed using exias data. this new info suggests that reborns gundam was once I gundam and is actually o gundams successor unit which kind of goes agaisnt what the official site is saying. Thats why i have some doubts that the reborns like machine is Ai gundam. But i do think some of you guys have a good reason of thinking it is I gundam.
No it didn't,it just says that Reborns look alot like Exia.

The site also mentions that,Reborns is made from all the accumulated MS data in Veda.Here's Mike S6's translation of it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_S-6
Organization: ???
Pilot: Ribbons Almark

MS Data
Height: 23.3m (Gundam mode) 21.8m (Cannon mode)
Weight: 79.1t
Armaments:
GN Buster Rifle
Large GN Beam Saber
GN Sheild
Large GN Fin Fangs
Small GN Fin Fangs
Egner [?] Whip

The Reborns Gundam is a machine made from accumulated Mobile Suit technology data from Veda. The base design was completed at a considerably early stage. At first the Gundam mode was the main machine, and it was planned that the Cannon mode is a separate support machine. But Ribbons doesn't want to depend on a companion, so in order to fight alone, the two machines were merged into one, which is what is seen at present. It is completed with the addition of the Twin Drive System stolen by Anew. Regarding aspects of functionality, performance, and armaments, it is a special machine that succeeded over all Mobile Suits created until the present. The only inferior thing is that it is installed with the "pseudo-solar furnaces" that are not original solar furnaces, and it was thought that Ribbons' defeat against his fight with Setsuna was also caused by this. Actually, the performance difference created by their solar furnaces was roughly made up for by its technological innovation.

Gundam Mode
The generally used mode. There are marked similarities with Gundam Exia that remain, and it is said that they are brother machines in the planning data, but because in the end it was installed with many armaments, their similarities regarding their outward appearance were few.

Cannon Mode
The mode that specializes in long-distance shooting. An identical base data of Gundam Virtue is used in its design. The sensor inside the head visor it adopted is in the GN-XII Cannon's sensor line.
If anything,the latest info strenghtens the pofile.

For the lower bold letters,Exia should still be in development now so rather than base off Exia,it should be developed with Exia instead.

There's not even any Exia data to copy,since Exia itself is indevelopment when the Pic Gundam was.But the possibility of Exia and them being developed together is there of course.

The "Pic Gundam"'s data was probably made into Reborns later,or data is used to make Reborns.The Pic Gundam was probably involved with Reborns one way or another.The lower bold part also suggest that Reborns and the Pic Gundam are the same machines,whether their names remain the same is unknown of course.
Old 2009-09-25, 03:43   Link #1206
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

That is true and i just checked out god haros blog which says it is I gundam. Btw can I gundam still combine with GN cannon. GN cannon is running on GN condensers so it will need to be charged and CB support units do tend to combine with a gundam. We have seen it with gn archor and o risor.

@ sonic , oh so it isn't based on exias data it just happens to look like resemble gundam exia. Thanks for the source but i think i read a rough translation of the description which isn't the one you posted which is why i misunderstood.
Old 2009-09-25, 03:49   Link #1207
mike_s_6

Quote:
That is true and i just checked out god haros blog which says it is I gundam. Btw can I gundam still combine with GN cannon. GN cannon is running on GN condensers so it will need to be charged and CB support units do tend to combine with a gundam. We have seen it with gn archor and o risor.
It's 1 Gundam, I've heard two people say so:

※数字の1をアイと読ませる (The numeral 1 is read as "Ai")

1ガンダム〔アイガンダム〕 (1 Gundam [Ai Gandamu])
Old 2009-09-25, 03:52   Link #1208
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
CN Cannon is epic to the second power, translations anyone?

Where is the GN Drive by the way?
Looks like it has the same two forearms GN-drive slots as Reborns. Is it said that it was designed as a dual drive?
Old 2009-09-25, 03:56   Link #1209
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

Spoiler for clear image of GN cannon:

Spoiler for gundam exia? or a prototype:
Old 2009-09-25, 03:58   Link #1210
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for clear image of GN cannon:

Spoiler for gundam exia? or a prototype:
Got a larger version of that first one? Also, that second one is of the Pawn Gundam, which was the design for the Exia when the Gundam designs were still in the chess theme stage during the anime's planning.
Old 2009-09-25, 04:00   Link #1211
GundamMeisterLockon
Lock N Load

heres to link to a larger version http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/...7d7d5b19_o.jpg
Old 2009-09-25, 04:29   Link #1212
mike_s_6

GN Cannon, from what I could read (some kanji is blurred...)

Model number CBY-077. It is a machine that is developed for the use of Innovades. Its main armaments are four large beam guns. When the left and right unite [left and right together], it becomes a stronger beam gun. The gun power is better than the Reborns Cannon but they don't detach [? blurry kanji] like the Fangs.
Old 2009-09-25, 04:46   Link #1213
calubin_175

Now I just have to speculate whether Ribbons also conceptualized two GNZs based on the I Gundam and GN Cannon pair which he later incorporated into the Reborns Gundam/Cannon, or he just directly leveraged on the original pair.

From the profile of Reborns Cannon, it is possible that the two potential GNZs are a Exia/I Gundam combo and a Virtue/GN Cannon combo, unless these two new 00P units are based on the former 3rd Gens already.

Lol, the fact that it is called GN Cannon is so generic, given that the universe already adopts that term for Virtue's weapon components. But yeah, expect it to be pronounced Guncannon.
calubin_175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 04:49   Link #1214
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175 View Post
But yeah, expect it to be pronounced Guncannon.

00 Staff: *ahem* Gun Cannon. Two words.

Old 2009-09-25, 05:27   Link #1215
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

About the Neo-Head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomelessGal
Hobby Japan November 2009
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakukan/e/...f6392acda86ec5

Story part is about the “GNX-Y802T NEOHEAD”

Because of the scandal of A-Laws, the Ahead-type machine for the next generation was decided to be rejected. In its place, a machine based on the Susanowo was used. The people who performed testing for the NEOHEAD that got rejected were Deborah and Amy Zimbalist. After the test, Deborah frankly said her thoughts to the engineer.
“…Thank you”
For the first time, the face of the engineer lit with happiness.

But Amy said, “I think it’s impossible that it doesn’t have a damned head!”
After this, the engineer said to Amy, “A head is nothing but a decoration!”
“Some words from this damned Steel Cowboy.”
They ended up in a scuffle.
Well said, well said

On Simple Solutions: "I bought the airline. It seemed neater."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 06:26   Link #1216
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
It's 1 Gundam, I've heard two people say so:

※数字の1をアイと読ませる (The numeral 1 is read as "Ai")

1ガンダム〔アイガンダム〕 (1 Gundam [Ai Gandamu])
I personally prefered if they speeled it using I,as in "one" with Roman numerals to succeed the preceding "0" as in "zero".

Because while some people use O to describe a zero,nobody uses an I to describe a one.

Then again,pronounciation and spelling are 2 different things.There's no way "GN" will turn to "Gun" suddenly anyway.So the rule was broken awhile ago anyway.

By the way,the japanese statements,where did they come from anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Got a larger version of that first one? Also, that second one is of the Pawn Gundam, which was the design for the Exia when the Gundam designs were still in the chess theme stage during the anime's planning.
So that was called the Pawn Gundam?I knew they planned the Pawn Gundam but I never knew that prototype we saw in the March Issue Dx magazine "was" the Pawn Gundam.I thought it was a conceptual Exia,after they decided they were going to create an Exia,instead of a Pawn Gundam.
Old 2009-09-25, 07:24   Link #1217
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
About the Neo-Head...

Well said, well said
;__; That was also my translation... I hope people credit where I really originally post them, primarily so that people could give feedback on the translation if ever something is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
By the way,the japanese statements,where did they come from anyway?
The same sources as Good Haro's.

http://ninteenpointzerofour.wordpress.com/

EDIT:
I hope someone turns up with the scan of this month's 00P soon enough. I have so many questions...

Last edited by mike_s_6; 2009-09-25 at 08:14.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:55   Link #1218
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well said, well said
I still think having a main camera that turns like a head around is a good advantage,should be more free than swithing cameras all over the place.Not to mention armor would reduce the effectiveness of the sensors,in general.But the GN-X really does have bad karma with heads it seems in general,and people like to target its sensors so that doesnt help.

I'm with Amy on this one.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:19   Link #1219
Gai Incognito

I imagine that the Neo-Hed's array of sensors provide the same field of vision as the head camera setup, rather than anything like having to switch to different cameras every time you want to look one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6 View Post
;__; That was also my translation... I hope people credit where I really originally post them, primarily so that people could give feedback on the translation if ever something is wrong.
Looking for it, she does source you:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/gundam00...post&p=4602916
Gai Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 16:31   Link #1220
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

SO, when do you all think we'll see this new mass production machine based on the Masurao?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote