AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 18 14.17%
9 out of 10: Excellent 27 21.26%
8 out of 10: Very Good 46 36.22%
7 out of 10: Good 17 13.39%
6 out of 10: Average 9 7.09%
5 out of 10: Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10: Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10: Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 8 6.30%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-12, 03:01   Link #121
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Like Gundam was realistic to begin with.......... The new type thing, contact with spirits, beam funnels are all pretty unrealistic. Seriously, I don't understand why people are complaining about realism when it's a gundam show. Is it because of the politics in the show that is causing all the backlashes about realism?
well, I for one definitely don't complain about realism. Actually the more super robot it becomes, the better. I hope Setsuna can scream "I AM GUNDAAAAAM!!!" before cutting open a moutain.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 03:03   Link #122
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
well, I for one definitely don't complain about realism. Actually the more super robot it becomes, the better. I hope Setsuna can scream "I AM GUNDAAAAAM!!!" before cutting open a moutain.

The following flames wars would be legendary even in hell
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 03:12   Link #123
USCPharmacist
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
JESUS, THIS THREAD JUST KILLED HALF A MILLION ROBOTIC CAT GIRLS, PLEASE PEOPLE, THINK OF THE CAT GIRLS.

Anyway, the AEU sucks but it is rich so I guess it can buy its way out. Also the AEU is tided to the princess as the Middle East need the AEU space elevator, so having them the weakest might be important for story development.

For those who has played Dune 2.

Union = Atrides
HR= Harkonan
AEU = Ordos

Agree?
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 03:31   Link #124
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
JESUS, THIS THREAD JUST KILLED HALF A MILLION ROBOTIC CAT GIRLS, PLEASE PEOPLE, THINK OF THE CAT GIRLS.

Anyway, the AEU sucks but it is rich so I guess it can buy its way out. Also the AEU is tided to the princess as the Middle East need the AEU space elevator, so having them the weakest might be important for story development.

For those who has played Dune 2.

Union = Atrides
HR= Harkonan
AEU = Ordos

Agree?
I think the Union is more of a Harkonnen for trying to rule through power and force (sending the military in to maintain the Union), while the HRL is more of an Atreides in that they have more characters that have virtuous traits, like Sergei and their President who seems more like a cautious observer then a warmonger (much like Leto). Plus Soma is the closest thing to a Fremen we have in the series, while the Union is more into shock troops and weapons.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 05:01   Link #125
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 35
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
havent seen the episode yet, but the screen shoot make 1 thing scream in my mind and it s SRB's quote on Demongod sign : Say NO to inflatable breast.
from what i reckon of this thread it seems this show is taking scrap of everyshow to make it as demagogic as possible.
fangirl pleased ... check
fanboy pleased ... check
FMP scraps ... check
code geass scraps ... check
buffon charac ... check
spoonfeeding storyline ... check
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 05:09   Link #126
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
well, I for one definitely don't complain about realism. Actually the more super robot it becomes, the better. I hope Setsuna can scream "I AM GUNDAAAAAM!!!" before cutting open a moutain.
Cookie. That's the funniest thing I seen all day.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 06:32   Link #127
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
- I'm rather surprised that we still don't really know anything about Celestial Being - the longer this drags on the more difficult it's going to be to dig out of writing-wise.
Quote:
- Sumeragi knows Billy - this is the closest that we've gotten to learning stuff about Celestial Being. Even when they travel to Liu Mei's hideout, we still don't know anything: who's the leader, or are their chains of command totally different?
You need to start reading the sidestories and the magazine articles. This show's like SEED, not everything is going to get revealed in the show itself.

Quote:
Patrick is Gundam 00's version of Mashymre.
Now I await the appearance of 00's version of Chara Soon.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman

Last edited by brightman; 2007-11-12 at 06:46.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 06:46   Link #128
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Yea, Exia's can spread clouds, Dyname's cannon can shoot from ground to space, so what? It's an anime, it's fiction and it's a gundam show
Hehe, that's exactly what I have said in my previous posts, oh and they look cool pulling those tricks. and the cooler it looks, the better. I hope Setsuna can cut open a mountain with his GN sword like how Frog has done with his Masamune in Chrono Trigger, that'd be just too cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
The following flames wars would be legendary even in hell
flames war? what flames war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I think the Union is more of a Harkonnen for trying to rule through power and force (sending the military in to maintain the Union), while the HRL is more of an Atreides in that they have more characters that have virtuous traits, like Sergei and their President who seems more like a cautious observer then a warmonger (much like Leto). Plus Soma is the closest thing to a Fremen we have in the series, while the Union is more into shock troops and weapons.
well, aside from their choujin project, the HRL indeed looks more human and nicer than Union so far. Albeit I wanted to see more on how HRL reacted on Celestial Being helping them saving their people.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 07:06   Link #129
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by U<3Anime View Post
Like Gundam was realistic to begin with.......... The new type thing, contact with spirits, beam funnels are all pretty unrealistic. Seriously, I don't understand why people are complaining about realism when it's a gundam show. Is it because of the politics in the show that is causing all the backlashes about realism?
Complaints about Gundam realism are nothing new... They've been around for ages (Wing, G, Seed, etc).

Still, I'm sure the politics have at least something to do with it. Mizushima did say that the setting would be more real to today's world, and people got that confused with the fact that he's only talking about the issues the show goes into and not the Gundams (which Mizushima already confirmed ARE SUPER ROBOTS)
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 07:21   Link #130
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Time Warp/Future
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
(which Mizushima already confirmed ARE SUPER ROBOTS)
That's really nice to hear, so we can expect even more cooler stuff from this show. That's great!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 07:38   Link #131
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
hhmm..wonder what incident which Billy, Sumeragi and the professor keep mentioning about.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 07:48   Link #132
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
hhmm..wonder what incident which Billy, Sumeragi and the professor keep mentioning about.....
I'd rather wonder about when we'll find out.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 09:21   Link #133
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
After seeing the sub, it's an eh...6 for me. The best part was with the two bridge bunnies...

"Hey does this one look good?"
"Let me sleep" -_- zZzz

Oh, right, and of course, Sumeragi. By the way, her breasts aren't inflated. She's just O_O stacked no matter what the situation is. It seems all that alcohol she guzzles is going to all the right places O_O
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 11:13   Link #134
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
You need to start reading the sidestories and the magazine articles. This show's like SEED, not everything is going to get revealed in the show itself.
I'm not interested. A show should be able to stand on its own merits, not rely on a secondary source to explain key elements of plot or setting. And to be fair, this ticked me off with Seed as well.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 11:33   Link #135
Papaya
Sup
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I'm not interested. A show should be able to stand on its own merits, not rely on a secondary source to explain key elements of plot or setting. And to be fair, this ticked me off with Seed as well.
Agreed, though to be honest, I had to Wiki just about every Gundam series before (and during) to get the full scope of what was going on.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 11:42   Link #136
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Agreed, though to be honest, I had to Wiki just about every Gundam series before (and during) to get the full scope of what was going on.
It doesn't really bother me since I collect every bit of trivia and information from every source for an anime, no matter how small or insignificant the information may be.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 11:55   Link #137
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Agreed, though to be honest, I had to Wiki just about every Gundam series before (and during) to get the full scope of what was going on.
I think that it really depends on what you're looking up. If you're looking up trivia about a mobile suit, or how a particular technology is supposed to work, then that's fine. However, if you're looking up key plot elements like how the heck Kira ended up in PLANT, then that's a testament to poor writing.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 12:50   Link #138
Kaioshin Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Neither Here nor There
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
havent seen the episode yet, but the screen shoot make 1 thing scream in my mind and it s SRB's quote on Demongod sign : Say NO to inflatable breast.
from what i reckon of this thread it seems this show is taking scrap of everyshow to make it as demagogic as possible.
fangirl pleased ... check
fanboy pleased ... check
FMP scraps ... check
code geass scraps ... check
buffon charac ... check
spoonfeeding storyline ... check
Seems the opposite of everything you've just mentioned to me. It's doing things that will likely not please fanboys and fangirls (Mostly skirmishes up till now, no real couples other than Saji x Louise, no shower scenes, only a few MS upgrades which are ultimately just customized units), there are no buffoon characters, the comparisons to FMP are superficial at best, nonexistant at worst, and it's probably the least spoonfeeding of any plotline I've seen all season. It assumes everybody is up to speed on the workings of politics and longterm military strategy. Maybe you want to use this description for another show, because it barely applies here other than maybe the Code Geass/Handsome Male comparison.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 13:22   Link #139
d.sinclair
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Seems the opposite of everything you've just mentioned to me. It's doing things that will likely not please fanboys and fangirls (Mostly skirmishes up till now, no real couples other than Saji x Louise, no shower scenes, only a few MS upgrades which are ultimately just customized units), there are no buffoon characters, the comparisons to FMP are superficial at best, nonexistant at worst, and it's probably the least spoonfeeding of any plotline I've seen all season. It assumes everybody is up to speed on the workings of politics and longterm military strategy. Maybe you want to use this description for another show, because it barely applies here other than maybe the Code Geass/Handsome Male comparison.
I can't agree with the fanboy/girl statement. You don't need more than subtle hints or implications to keep the hordes satisfied.

Like SetsunaxGraham. Obviously it's not really there, but so long as the premise is set up the imagination can take over. The show doesn't really need to explicitly show anything (a la Genshiken 2) to please the fangirls. As for the fanboys, I think plenty has been shown already...
d.sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 14:02   Link #140
Hamachi
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
I'd like to see more Kyrios than 2 second shots and 4 second missile attacks.
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.