AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-31, 19:03   Link #41
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Only thing i renember is that i kinda always thought "eventually" would be something like "möglicherweise" ( possibly ).
But i know the real meaning now...

Still, i'm pretty fluent with english compared to most german speaking ppl, lol, my english grad has always been my best grade in school XD ( i suck at school ^^" )
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 23:29   Link #42
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saku~ya
Though I do find myself talking in that language to my cat ^____^ Hey at least he listens and it turns out to be great practice. But then I also tend to put Spanish in with my Japanese. Like 'Matte yo gato" And seriously he stops *_*;
I would to if I were him! We're talking about a brain crash there. Too much to compute. His brain is like "oh cool, he's talking in japanese...oh wait, now spanish, but I thought...uh...he...uh....*brain crash*" hehe
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-31, 23:34   Link #43
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

I've overwritten my French vocabulary (learned 3rd-6th grade) with Japanese (7th grade to today). So I might say something like, "I can count to ten in French, sure. Un, deux, san, quatre, go, roku, shichi..."

But at least I didn't make the mistake of one Japanese student mentioned in Japanese through Cartoons. He learned that "-so" is an intensifier for adjectives in class. That same day, he met a mother and a baby on the street. Attempting to use his new vocabulary, he added "-so" to "kawaii" and said the baby was "kawaiso", attempting to mean very cute.

But "kawaiso" is already an adjective-- it means "pitiable". So what he really said was, "I feel sorry for the baby"...

Quote:
The part that baffles me is I know people who know 7 languages fluently and never miss a beat talking to anyone
I've heard of them-- that's the HIPPO Family Club. Apparently, they learn all 7 languages at once.