AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-18, 16:51   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

Negima

I've been thinking about watching Mahou sensei Negima, but I keep getting mixed reviews for it. People keep telling me that the anime sucks, and that I should read the manga. Also I heard that there was more than one anime for it, so that just made me even more confused. Does the anime follow the manga closely like One Piece or Bleach, or did they sort of do there own thing like Claymore and Air Gear, and just picked and choosed particular things from the Manga to include in the anime? Could someone please straighten this mess out for me. All I want to know is, if I'm going to watch it, where should I start?
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2008-01-18, 17:03   Link #2
Wirbelwind8
d-_-b

Because the manga is so long and theirs many chapters, the anime follows only the important story plots or at least attempts to. They didn't do a good job.

So yea, the manga is waaaaaaaaaaay better than the anime series. I would definitely recommend reading the manga first. That way you get the most out of Negima. Its just like Love Hina. The series was ok, but after you read the manga you realize theirs alot more to it than the series could ever achieve.
Old 2008-01-18, 17:14   Link #3
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I enjoyed the first series (Mahou Sensei Negima) quite a bit, until the very end. >.<

Negima?! (the second series) was terrible.
Old 2008-01-18, 17:25   Link #4
Roxasvsriku
★★★★★
*Graphic Designer

I've read volumes 1-6, and it's pretty good so far. As for the anime... a huge disappointment, I wouldn't recommend that. However the manga is pretty good. =]
Old 2008-01-18, 17:34   Link #5
BlueBerryPai
I can control my dreams!

The manga is still ongoing, I did try to watch the animes... Horrible.. Just so horrible.. I also hated the voice acting and how that little brat negi was in the anime. Anyway, go for the manga!
Old 2008-01-18, 20:12   Link #6
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

The manga is very long, and in my opinion, it had a pretty slow start. We didn't really get much action until the Kyoto arc, which I think is the start of excitement.

That said, the first anime series had about 20 episodes covering the part that I found to be rather slow in the manga. Then they put in a total of 2 episodes for Kyoto arc, which resulted in an important character being completely cut out of the story. Then they made up a very controversial ending (see wikipedia for spoiler) which ended the story in a very abrupt manner.

The second anime series had almost nothing to do with the manga. The first few episodes showed much promise in creating an altered adaptation of a certain manga arc, but it evolved in a completely different tangent with little plot. While I found the humor to be acceptable and the art to be rather nice, most fans didn't seem to like how the anime altered the plot.

For comparison's sake, the first anime series followed the manga about as closely as Claymore did, while the second one just...totally didn't follow it. It's like an AU fanfiction of the manga series.
Closed Thread