AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-06, 01:01   Link #101
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Finished first ep.. this is a wonderful anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Hot fox action! First episode was enjoyable. I liked how they pushed the echhi limit without going into the realm of disgusting.
Same.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 02:31   Link #102
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
lol, the main character got handled by a fox at the end there. oh no, how enviable.
Old 2008-04-06, 02:39   Link #103
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep2 preview summary (+ pics):

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 02:55   Link #104
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 1

Why does anime perpetuate the myth that tall, voluptuous girls are attracted to midgets with a feminine voice? It's wrong, wrong I tell you!

That... was... awful. Look, I'm happy to watch a mindless fanservice anime, but there's only a certain amount of stupid I can tolerate, and that "let's introduce all the characters" scene right at the start filled my quota, and then some. Over-the-top frustrated tsundere, romance that's completely arbitrary, horny hottie played for fanservice comedy, and romantic interests that are so obvious that you could light a room with them. All in one scene. *Face-palm*

The premise is uninteresting. So, they're supernatural spirits pretending to be human. She's in heat, so they'll use that to play up the comedy angle, they'll force the romance and he'll somehow come to the conclusion that he really loves her (probably involving some sort of tacky epiphany, and/or she'll be put in grave danger, so he'll find the courage to save her through his love for her), and they'll be some sort of conflict involving demon hunters or something of that nature (ok, I cheated, I saw that last bit mentioned in the thread discussion). Nonetheless, it'd be a huge surprise if the direction this takes isn't some sort of cliche-riddled beaten track.

Crappy, crappy first episode, and my current expectations are for eleven more episodes which are much the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Ugh... never did like Noto playing male characters ever since FMP. Repeat failure in F/Sn, and no surprises she ain't doing well here as well. At least Kawasumi is making it bearable.

That said, I like this show better than the other show with a shota main character (mamoru-kun something or other). Dunno if that means a lot, though, since there's very little shown so far that would keep me interested.

Oh well, obligatory 3 eps for me.
See Girls Bravo. She was actually pretty good in that.

I don't know what I ended up liking about Mamoru-kun (not that I've seen the last three episodes, since the fansub group I was following seemingly decided that they couldn't be bothered subbing those eps, and I decided I couldn't be bothered switching fansubbers in the meantime). And when I say "like", I mean it was average, and the romance was incredibly ham-fisted, but the characters were a hell of a lot more genuine than these ones are, which is what slightly redeemed it for me. I still hate this idea that both Mamoru-kun and this show are presenting, that hot beautiful women falling deeply in love with short, somewhat effeminate midgets is an everyday thing that is totally not out of the ordinary. I mean, anime stretches believability at the best of times, but, c'mon, this is just insulting.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 03:30   Link #105
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Meh, hard to complain. Knew it was just gonna be fan-service at its finest and an outlet for all you furry bastards' horo fantasies

I think the anime is even more sexed up than the manga, but it has been a while since I read it.
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 05:39   Link #106
ZODDGUTS

It was alright better then the manga was don't really like the voice for the boy sometimes he sounds too much of a girl and also didn't really laugh once while watching this episode nice animation though. I'll enjoy ToLove-Ru more since eventhough it's heavy on fanservice the comedy is actually good. Hopefully the animation for ToLove-Ru is as good as this series because if not...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 07:08   Link #107
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
don't really like the voice for the boy sometimes he sounds too much of a girl
Well, since he is voiced by female seiyuu, i am not all that surprised about it

That said ... ugh, i swear i was having Kotomi flashbacks when Kouta was having his inner monologue by the window. Generally i suppose the voice fits the character design, but at times Noto's voice reminded too much of Kotomi for my liking.

About the show itself ... King and Queen of cliches would be one way to put it. The art is mediocre, but the designs for background characters were down right horrible. Well, wasn't really expecting much better though.

Generic characters and generic situations, sprinkled with loads of fanservice - nothing unheard of on the premise side.

That said, although it is accumulation of all sort of typical anime cliches, i did find it somewhat enjoyable. Might just be that my expectations were not very high to begin with, but i found the episode being more or less what i expected it to be. Minus the annoying class rep ... she might be yet another archetype, but its an archetype i usually wish to see run over by a truck 10 seconds after their entrance, and this case was no different. As long as she stays quiet and out of the picture, i don't think there is much the show can upset me with.

Whatever "plot" there will be, i assume it will largely have to do with the demon hunters, and i expect them to have problems with accepting Chizuru x Kouta. Well, i guess i'll stick along for the ride. It was better than i had imagined it to be.
Old 2008-04-06, 07:32   Link #108
sikvod00

That kiss was pretty...intense.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 08:48   Link #109
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123 View Post
Meh, hard to complain. Knew it was just gonna be fan-service at its finest and an outlet for all you furry bastards' horo fantasies

I think the anime is even more sexed up than the manga, but it has been a while since I read it.
yup. they did change the first ep considerably
ch1 manga
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-06, 09:29   Link #110
Jerseykid

Yeah the kiss was awesome, it wasn't the normal two wooden dolls pressing together.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 10:52   Link #111
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

I think I remember the brother being more sis-conish as well in the manga - glad they got rid of that.
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 12:01   Link #112
changeup

For those who are curious, the title "Kanokon" comes from the title of this novel when it was originally published. It was a little bit long: "Kanojoha kon to kawaiku sekiwoshite". That literally means "'kon(a pun, both as a sound of a cough and a sound made by a fox)', she so lovely coughed"......
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 13:18   Link #113
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

i was kinda bored and kinda had free time on my hands, so .. freebies!

Old 2008-04-06, 13:37   Link #114
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Seeing those gifs it reminded me of something i didn't quite understand. When she does her transformation rite after the hot kiss scene, Kouta said "Tail" and chizuru said "how bold/darling [or however you translate it]" Then we know that she didn't noe that she had already transofrmed. So this is prolly another japanese pun or inside joke or sorts, but what's so special about kouta saying "tail" after they kiss?
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:15   Link #115
Westlo
Lets be reality

Tail is slang for ass, like "I'm gonna get me a nice piece of tail here" or "Damn that chick got some tail on her", etc. Definitely isn't only a Japanese thing...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:18   Link #116
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I like that one.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 14:30   Link #117
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Tail is slang for ass, like "I'm gonna get me a nice piece of tail here" or "Damn that chick got some tail on her", etc. Definitely isn't only a Japanese thing...
Ah, that makes more sense than what I was thinking. I though she didn't hear him and thought that Kouta was trying to take a peek up her skirt.
Old 2008-04-06, 15:25   Link #118
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Can I claim,

Please? ^^
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:33   Link #119
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichihara Asako View Post
Can I claim,