AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-08-09, 17:21   Link #1
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Appleseed Saga Ex Machina (Oct 2007)

I dont know about the rest of you but i loved the latest Appleseed Movie the music the CG i just thought it was great. Most of you might have head that there is a sequal in production. There is also to be a videogame made which a thread for that has already been started in the videogame forum. The August Issue of Newtype had a article about written about the up-coming project by Robert T. Silva. It was a very cool article so i decided to post it if anyone was intrested.

John Woo legendary film-maker who's best known for directing classic Hong Kong US action films such as MI:2, Face/Off, Hard Boiled and the Killer, has officially joined Shinji Aramaki in developing a feature film sequel to Appleseed the 2004 CG-animated anime feature. Intended for a 2007 theatrical release.

Appleseed: EX Machina promises to build on the adventures of Duenan and Briareos from the internationally acclamied Appleseed manga by Masamune Shirow (Ghost in the Shell) After the great financial and critical success if of the first Appleseed feature film, director Shinji Aramaki and production house Digital Frontier rejoined forces in an attempt to expand on the groundbreaking animation style they created.

With experience gained working on the first film, advancements in CG-based animation technology and the addition to Woo's visual expertise. Appleseed: Ex Machina is certainly one to keep your eyes on.

"John Woo" is someone i really respect. "Aramaki tells Newtype USA. "I love all of his films. As a CG-animated project, the conventions of storytelling parallel filmmaking more so than anime. Woo has been able to really help us with development of both the action and the story we are creating."

It was very natural for Woo to work with Aramaki and Digital Frontier. "After I watched Appleseed I was shocked," declares Woo. who is co-producing Ex Machina "I saw it as a work of art...the color,the design and the action all look so beautiful and stunning. I really wanted to learn from working with Aramaki and his talented team." -Robert T. Silva

Heres a link with a little more information but not much http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=5104
Old 2007-06-02, 23:27   Link #2
mindrunr

Appleseed Ex Machina

There's a trailer on the web site: http://www.exmachina.jp/

Anyone have this trailer downloaded or know where I can get a copy?
mindrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 15:56   Link #3
SneakerPimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindrunr View Post
There's a trailer on the web site: http://www.exmachina.jp/

Anyone have this trailer downloaded or know where I can get a copy?
Here you go:
http://www.exmachina.jp/movie/exmachina_teaser.flv
SneakerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 22:09   Link #4
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
John Woo? Pigeons, church, sniper dilemma scene and dual Berrettas coming up!
Old 2007-06-04, 21:24   Link #5
Monkey D. Luffy

I'm really looking forward to this one the first one was great so I'm looking forward to see how they approach this one.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 21:30   Link #6
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Oh man Appleseed was one of those OVA I bought not knowing what to expect. Was blown away by the battle sequences and the electro soundtrack. Really looking forward to ths
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-07, 11:25   Link #7
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Oh man Appleseed was one of those OVA I bought not knowing what to expect. Was blown away by the battle sequences and the electro soundtrack. Really looking forward to ths
Ah yes, talk about nostalgia lane. Yeah, I finally picked that one up myself. Used to watch it quite a bit when I had it on VHS "raw". That was my 'Shirow' HS days. 'Black Magic M-66', then 'Appleseed' and both 'Tank Police Dominion'. 'GiTS' is probably the only series I haven't followed. Though I own both books. I followed everything 'Shirow' for many years and still do. I just picked up the movie finally. I was pretty much blown away by the film when I first saw here at my job. Even though the story was a little different I didn't care, it's 'Shirow's baby and that's all I care about.

I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the next movie.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 15:38   Link #8
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Reported on AnimeOnDVD

Quote:
Warner Home Video Snags Appleseed: Ex Machine (04:20 PM EDT): Warner Home Video announced today that they have secured the worldwide (excluding Japan) home video and television rights to the new Appleseed: Ex Machina produced by John Woo. Warner will be distributing the production in an array of home video formats and broadcast configurations. Appleseed: Ex Machina is slated for a 2008 release and will be presented in "an incredible high definition format disc, as well as standard definition DVD". A 2-disc collectors set – containing extra bonus materials – will also be released simultaneously.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 15:44   Link #9
Robotnik
Not a member

Exclamation

It looks like this one's been licensed even before release; here's the headline over at AnimeOnDVD:

Quote:
Warner Home Video Snags Appleseed: Ex Machine (04:20 PM EDT): Warner Home Video announced today that they have secured the worldwide (excluding Japan) home video and television rights to the new Appleseed: Ex Machina produced by John Woo. Warner will be distributing the production in an array of home video formats and broadcast configurations. Appleseed: Ex Machina is slated for a 2008 release and will be presented in "an incredible high definition format disc, as well as standard definition DVD". A 2-disc collectors set – containing extra bonus materials – will also be released simultaneously.
HD and regular DVD versions; good for me, since I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

So they have the tv broadcast rights as well, meaning it will probably air first on one of the cable channels they still own. They have home video distribution rights but it doesn't mean they won't farm it out the same folks who did a good job with the last movie. Not too worried that Warner will try to "celebrity dub" this.

Not yet, anyways
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 23:42   Link #10
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

I was impressed by how crisp the animation was when it first came out BUT not the anime style. But maybe John Woo can tweak it a bit.

I remember Martin Scorcese saying that he thought the action film had ended in the 90's then he saw The Killer and Scorcese wanted to quit after seeing it...
hollywoodlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 21:12   Link #11
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Well, regardless of it being licensed this IS something I will shell out for. Definitely nice to get some new Appleseed after I just cried over finally watching what will probably be the last GitS installment (SAC 3 movie).

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 08:27   Link #12
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
seems they are going for selfshading again like appleseed 2k4. i m not a huge fan but it s appleseed, so i ll give it a look.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:19   Link #13
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

And ADV is helping with the dub for this.
Old 2007-07-30, 16:26   Link #14
SneakerPimp

There's an almost four minutes long trailer/preview/music video available on biglobe: mms://cinem.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/cinem_wf/exmachina/exmachina_footage_1M.wmv
Non streaming version here: http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/2007...er-musikvideo/

Last edited by SneakerPimp; 2007-07-30 at 16:46.
SneakerPimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 16:57   Link #15
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

The clothes and mecha look nice but I really wish that they could have spent more money on the hair.
Old 2007-07-30, 17:32   Link #16
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post
There's an almost four minutes long trailer/preview/music video available on biglobe: mms://cinem.wmt.biglobe.ne.jp/cinem_wf/exmachina/exmachina_footage_1M.wmv
Non streaming version here: http://blog.affenheimtheater.de/2007...er-musikvideo/
HELL. YES.

Wow. I am SO pumped after seeing that.

Can't wait!

Old 2007-07-30, 20:32   Link #17
Same_Shark

The soundtrack sucks compared to the first movie's. Absolutely stinks!!
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 20:58   Link #18
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
The soundtrack sucks compared to the first movie's. Absolutely stinks!!
You have it already? O.o

Or are you going by the trailer?

And I'm not gonna lie, Good Luck (feat. Lisa Kekaula) is one of my favorite songs. In fact, I'm gonna listen to it right now. Ooooh yeah...

Just a question.... That IS the opening to the JP version of the film, too, right? Or is it just the American version? Because if it's just the American version that's kinda a downer. I mean, I'll still love the song but I'll feel unclean liking the ported-version's songs better than the original. I may LOVE my country to death, but I'm not gonna lie, ports of anime suck here. Usually.

Old 2007-07-31, 01:05   Link #19
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The clothes and mecha look nice but I really wish that they could have spent more money on the hair.
Looks like they're trying to ride a fine line between nice-looking cg and retaining some of the Shirow-ness of the character designs.
Robotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 08:55   Link #20
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
You have it already? O.o

Or are you going by the trailer?

And I'm not gonna lie, Good Luck (feat. Lisa Kekaula) is one of my favorite songs. In fact, I'm gonna listen to it right now. Ooooh yeah...

Just a question.... That IS the opening to the JP version of the film, too, right? Or is it just the American version? Because if it's just the American version that's kinda a downer. I mean, I'll still love the song but I'll feel unclean liking the ported-version's songs better than the original. I may LOVE my country to death, but I'm not gonna lie, ports of anime suck here. Usually.
I'm going by the trailer. As for Good Luck, it's in both versions of the movie. The US and Japanese versions have the same OST, so you're okay.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote