AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 60 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 9.82%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-25, 01:40   Link #141
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Man I hate you guys...you ruined the whole sucidal plot for Sana =(. I seriously didn't think the wristwatch covered the cut wound from when he tried to kill himself. Man, you guys suck.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm not really that pissed. Just disappointed that an important part got 100% ruined for me.
Old 2007-11-25, 03:29   Link #142
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Spoiler for wristwatch:
Old 2007-11-25, 03:36   Link #143
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ tbh there has only been one case i can think of...and that was at the onsen when sana refused to take his watch off for whatever reason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
Man I hate you guys...you ruined the whole sucidal plot for Sana =(. I seriously didn't think the wristwatch covered the cut wound from when he tried to kill himself. Man, you guys suck.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm not really that pissed. Just disappointed that an important part got 100% ruined for me.
this is all theory you know...there is absolutely no proof that he tried to cut himself

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-11-25, 03:45   Link #144
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ tbh there has only been one case i can think of...and that was at the onsen when sana refused to take his watch off for whatever reason...

this is all theory you know...there is absolutely no proof that he tried to cut himself
Thanks.

Also, it may be a theory, but it makes perfect sense. I don't know why else would there be a zoom to the wristwatch right after Nanaka said he was enjoying himself in his new school (obviously if he cut himself then he's not enjoying his new life). It also makes the scene at the end of this episode more powerful, so I'll keep hoping for that.
Old 2007-11-25, 03:58   Link #145
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Thanks.

Also, it may be a theory, but it makes perfect sense. I don't know why else would there be a zoom to the wristwatch right after Nanaka said he was enjoying himself in his new school (obviously if he cut himself then he's not enjoying his new life). It also makes the scene at the end of this episode more powerful, so I'll keep hoping for that.
First hint about Sana trying to commit suicide lies in the OP itself. Anyone rememebers BYE! in his media player. Along with first two lines of Kaori's song it was a very good hint.

Edit - One of the reasons why suicide theory has been overlooked so far was would sane parents send their suicidal child to live alone?

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-11-25 at 04:22.
Old 2007-11-25, 09:30   Link #146
tabun
rawr!

I just watched the first eight episodes today (sort of a mild marathon), and wow, another show I'm glad I watched after all! This is quite exciting - the drama, the voice actors, wow! Now, the next 5 episodes will be highly sought after by me...

As for the relationships, not much to add here, but I don't think most of the person's behaviour is that far off. Human psychology is oftentimes twisted beyond imagination...

Quote:
though they really cant do anything to help...nanaka has changed so much since that time, she has pretty much isolated herself, i think what they thought was that time could heal wounds (and since it was a few years back you cant blame them for thinking that way). and before you know it, they are hardly even talking until the arrival of sana.
My thoughts exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s[H]sIkuA View Post
The red color Help Me letter really scare the hell out of me lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus
The mail "HELP ME!!!!" part was a real shocker for me. I knew it was gonna be filled up with letters the instant I saw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
the red help me help me help me parts send a shiver down my spine...ghost hunt flashback
Gah, the instant you see that letter, images keep popping up in your head. You just can't help it. Combined with the thoughts of the creepy old woman () it was just a brilliant moment. Still getting the shivers...

On a sidenote, I think Aoi's mother's voice actress is the same as Shigure Asa's from Shuffle!, isn't it? I fell in love right away ;( couldn't do anything against it, mou...

And finally, this is one of the few occasions I can't keep up with a thread's growth while typing a reply, wow! Keep it coming, I love such Threads
Old 2007-11-25, 09:49   Link #147
Snuffle
likes cute things

Location: Where all the cute and pretty silver hair girls are :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
That is because you are over analysing it. Being there for someone doesn't need to mean you have to understand them and have a phd in trauma therapy. Try to imagine back to when you were that age and something bad happened to you and you wanted someone there for you. Was you expecting them to solve it magically for you? Maybe you were or maybe you just wanted someone to be there. Now try thinking back to a situation when your friend was in trouble, hurt or something like that. Was you there thinking oh my god I can't help until I've gotten my degree in abnormal psychology, instead wouldn't the reaction be far less cluttered with adult thoughts and the wish would be I hope I can do something to help my friend out.
I'm thinking it's just as simple as Nanaka didn't want help from them, only from Sana. So whatever help they were offering, she didn't want it.

We also all gotta remember that there are people that prefer to be alone in time of grief. Maybe Nanaka is in a way, that kind of person.
Old 2007-11-25, 10:06   Link #148
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
I'm thinking it's just as simple as Nanaka didn't want help from them, only from Sana. So whatever help they were offering, she didn't want it.

We also all gotta remember that there are people that prefer to be alone in time of grief. Maybe Nanaka is in a way, that kind of person.
I given a lot of examples to back up my point of view, but please keep in mind that my main argument is that Nanaka needed someone (her cries of help via the postbox), no one contacted Sana for whatever reason and when Sana returned he got no help at all in regards to the Nanaka files and even stuck his foot in it.

These are all things that have been shown, the rest we can guess, or make up to back our personal theories.
Old 2007-11-25, 12:18   Link #149
joshualimm

"Isn't the watch really big? doesn't it get in the way?"
[covers watch with hand][3]
Never takes watch off his hand, even when swimming.[3]
Mom is worried about him not going to school, not taking care of himself...
Face grimaces when mentioned having "fun" with friends, cut to watch[8]
"school? yeah, I'm still going to school. Don't worry, everything is going well"[2]
"School is fine, so don't worry. In addition, I'll be stronger from now on, because there's now someone whom I want to protect..."[8]

If I had a memento from a passed friend... as much as I cherish it, I'll still take good care of it... A "big", "Waterproof" watch that can be worn without taking off... how thoughtful of his passed friend. Mom is worried that things might go wrong at school...

As for his fear of knife and blood... well... imagine this, you're being bullied to the point where you can't think straight... you grab a knife, as you recall those old movies with inaccurate slicing methods... your mind is incapable of foreseeing what will happen if you proceed... and you PROCEED to slash your wrist...

well, if you hit the right spot, you'll get a really nice squirt. Nice enough to give you a sudden wake up call that says "Hey buddy, you're dying! Nice job!", and a strong enough scare to scar you (mentally and physically) for life.

My verdict? Worried parent + super huge, water proof watch that is subjected to wear-and-tear in order to cover the skin of his wrist = Suicide theory. What makes me deny the "dead friend" theory is that if the watch is really from a dead friend, he would have taken better care of it. Besides, iirc, there's no proof that he got it from a friend. It was only suggested by Shusuke, but never confirmed by Sana[8].

Last edited by joshualimm; 2007-11-25 at 12:35.
Old 2007-11-25, 16:49   Link #150
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I given a lot of examples to back up my point of view, but please keep in mind that my main argument is that Nanaka needed someone (her cries of help via the postbox), no one contacted Sana for whatever reason and when Sana returned he got no help at all in regards to the Nanaka files and even stuck his foot in it.

These are all things that have been shown, the rest we can guess, or make up to back our personal theories.
About contacting Sana. I think a few others mentioned it already. But it's quite common for parents to not follow closely to their child's friends, meaning where they live or their phone number. This can easily be the case.

But i just had a thought, while its very easy for Sana's friends not being able to contact him due to possibly Sana not knowing that information yet. Why hasn't Sana contacted them??? Has anybody mentioned that yet? His friends phone numbers didnt change did it? Hmm...

The reason i just thought of that is because i just remembered about me moving away from a pretty close friend of mine when i was about 10 or 11. I still contaced that friend after moving, but we don't talk anymore, been years.

But anyway. I can understand not knowing addresses, but... shouldn't Sana at least know their phone numbers? So far from what I remember, we have only pointed apon Sana's friends not contacting him, why isn't it the other way around?
Old 2007-11-25, 17:22   Link #151
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
About contacting Sana. I think a few others mentioned it already. But it's quite common for parents to not follow closely to their child's friends, meaning where they live or their phone number. This can easily be the case.

But i just had a thought, while its very easy for Sana's friends not being able to contact him due to possibly Sana not knowing that information yet. Why hasn't Sana contacted them??? Has anybody mentioned that yet? His friends phone numbers didnt change did it? Hmm...

The reason i just thought of that is because i just remembered about me moving away from a pretty close friend of mine when i was about 10 or 11. I still contaced that friend after moving, but we don't talk anymore, been years.

But anyway. I can understand not knowing addresses, but... shouldn't Sana at least know their phone numbers? So far from what I remember, we have only pointed apon Sana's friends not contacting him, why isn't it the other way around?
One thing many forgot to mention Aoi is Sana's cousin, that's family. So they should have known a phone number.

And the place Sana is staying is run by Aoi's family so his parents must have contacted them. So at the very least Aoi should have known. And in ep 1 Shuu said that he had heard Sana was coming back. So where did he get the info from. The fact of the matter is they did not even try to contact him.
Old 2007-11-25, 18:05   Link #152
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
One thing many forgot to mention Aoi is Sana's cousin, that's family. So they should have known a phone number.

And the place Sana is staying is run by Aoi's family so his parents must have contacted them. So at the very least Aoi should have known. And in ep 1 Shuu said that he had heard Sana was coming back. So where did he get the info from. The fact of the matter is they did not even try to contact him.
Gah! I don't even like Aoi, is why i remember nothing about her besides when she's barging into Sana's appartment. But now i remember, they eat dinner sometimes together.

Now THAT is strange.... Family almost always contacts family... Never mind the twins, Aoi was in the best position to contact Sana
Old 2007-11-25, 18:11   Link #153
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

oh crap! O.O i had no clue aoi was sana's cousin...must have completely overlooked that statement made whenever...

anyway back to the topic at hand...firstly some criticize that the others didnt contact sana about nanaka's situation and label it as an act of "bad friendship" or "uncaring". i personally think they didnt do anything wrong in that aspect.

sana has moved out for town for 2 years already before the incident happened...for what fact should shuri, shuu and aoi be contacting sana for? logically speaking i wont be surprised if they even lost all forms of contact being so long ~ and it happens with time...i mean 2 years is a rather long time and they would have grown to forget (heck if you ask me who my friends were when i was 11, i wouldnt have been able to answer) together with the fact that sana probably moved quite far away...it isnt unnatural for the fact that he still exists to spring to mind.

also what can sana do even if they did tell him? it would only cause bother and worry for the poor guy...its not like he is going to catch the next train back to check up on nanaka's mental situation. also i suspect that they dont even have a clue what nanaka wants ~ be that she isolated herself from the rest after the incident.

they didnt tell him even when he did come back for the sole reason that they think that this whole business had just been "blown away" since his arrival. what sana doesnt know wont hurt him same goes for nanaka as they could have assumed that what happened remains in the past - and digging it back up would just cause her into going down the road of nostalgia...

not a good idea

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-11-25, 18:25   Link #154
UPR

Quote:
they didnt tell him even when he did come back for the sole reason that they think that this whole business had just been "blown away" since his arrival. what sana doesnt know wont hurt him same goes for nanaka as they could have assumed that what happened remains in the past - and digging it back up would just cause her into going down the road of nostalgia...

not a good idea
Umm and hoe about Sana kept sticking his foot in his mouth by bringing out those memories. The best example are him pressuring her to play the violin. THey should told him what had happened at that moment.

There other moments but that is the best one.
Old 2007-11-25, 18:28   Link #155
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Umm and how about Sana kept sticking his foot in his mouth by bringing out those memories. The best example are him pressuring her to play the violin. THey should told him what had happened at that moment.

There other moments but that is the best one.
you mean right in front of nanaka and the other people unrelated to the problem?

not a good idea still!

they should have told him alone but they didnt...but i still dont see how this makes them bad friends. we see stuff like these everyday...thinking that prolonging the truth will lessen the impact but normally they cant see the irony in that

Old 2007-11-25, 19:00   Link #156
UPR

Quote:
you mean right in front of nanaka and the other people unrelated to the problem?

not a good idea still!

they should have told him alone but they didnt...but i still dont see how this makes them bad friends. we see stuff like these everyday...thinking that prolonging the truth will lessen the impact but normally they cant see the irony in that
Im not saying there bad friends. Im just saying there stupid friends that made a dumb decision. They should have told Sana and let him figure things out on his own. Instead they decided for him not even considiring how he felt. And alos the very strong relationship between Sana and Nanaka. That even after 5 years is stronger than any of there relationships with them.

Now all that's left is to see a Kiss between Sana and Nanaka. I hope it comes and them holding hands while going to schoo. And see there friends reaction.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:39   Link #157
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
sana has moved out for town for 2 years already before the incident happened...for what fact should shuri, shuu and aoi be contacting sana for? logically speaking i wont be surprised if they even lost all forms of contact being so long ~ and it happens with time...i mean 2 years is a rather long time and they would have grown to forget (heck if you ask me who my friends were when i was 11, i wouldnt have been able to answer) together with the fact that sana probably moved quite far away...it isnt unnatural for the fact that he still exists to spring to mind.

also what can sana do even if they did tell him? it would only cause bother and worry for the poor guy...its not like he is going to catch the next train back to check up on nanaka's mental situation. also i suspect that they dont even have a clue what nanaka wants ~ be that she isolated herself from the rest after the incident.
Isn't this exactly what Shuu said? If I couldn't do anything what could you do? That means at least Shuu judged Nanaka to be a lost cause and Sana to be useless to the situation. If they had forgotten about him in such away to exclude him from information regarding a friend in need, then I would have expected them not to re-arrange their lives to fit Sana back in when he got back. Apart from Nanaka they all seem to click back into the group.

I think the idea that they had their own overwhelming issues to deal with to be a more likely scenario.

Quote:

not a good idea
The looked really uncomfortable each time a Nanaka thing popped up, sure they might have thought that they weren't allowed to talk about it, or that Nanaka was conveniently over it by now, but the thing is they knew something was wrong each Nanaka reacted badly and just blamed Sana. It took Sana to go into confrontational mode to drag it out of one of them.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:43   Link #158
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Does Sana really talk to his mom on the phone? Have we ever heard her voice? Just food for thought.
That's just too creepy a thought.......

It would extend School Days if that was true.

But fortunately, it doesn't seem to.
Old 2007-11-25, 21:46   Link #159
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

*sends fury of rocks at Kang Seung Jae*

there is absolutely no reason to compare this to school days
Old 2007-11-25, 21:56   Link #160
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
*sends fury of rocks at Kang Seung Jae*

there is absolutely no reason to compare this to school days
*Blocks and gets out his K-2*

I'm talking about potential insanity, my friend.

I personally don't like School Days references, myself.