AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-27, 12:40   Link #261
Mentar
Banned

There was an interview mentioning that the pre-production was at episodes 10-11, but still not halfway through the show. So, a 2-season run can be considered almost certain.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 12:48   Link #262
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
OHHHH YESS!!!!!! I was hoping this was more then 13 episodes, because I love it.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 12:58   Link #263
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for pantsu, possible nopan/partial nudity (or not), naughty bits covered:
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:59   Link #264
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

The surprise hit of the season, for me. Now we have more than just madcap humor -- but fortunately madcap humor remains.

Excellent voice work all round.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro
really.......just curious...but how do you know? Who do people get info like that?
For how many episodes are in a season, I check three Japanese sites: Moon Phase, which lists airing and upcoming shows; Shoboi Calendar, which gives TV listings; and the 2channel thread for the show (where I search for the word クール, which means "season"). Now, as it turns out, none of those have conclusive info, so Mentar has a better source than I.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-27 at 17:17.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:01   Link #265
Midonin
Last Engage

Looks like the endings scramble every week (as evidenced by Teika getting the first airing this week), and Chika's ending will be somewhere among them.

Now to wait for Nico or YouTube to have it. I want to see what her singing's like.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:07   Link #266
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In English, the best site seems to be anidb.net, which does say 22 episodes for this show.

You put the wrong show in the AniDB link
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:18   Link #267
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The surprise hit of the season, for me. Now we have more than just madcap humor -- but fortunately madcap humor remains.

Excellent voice work all round.For how many episodes are in a season, I check three Japanese sites: Moon Phase, which lists airing and upcoming shows; Shoboi Calendar, which gives TV listings; and the 2channel thread for the show (where I search for the word クール, which means "season." Now, as it turns out, none of those have conclusive info, so Mentar has a better source than I. In English, the best site seems to be anidb.net, which does say 22 episodes for this show.
Hehe, I knew this was going to be a hit right when I saw the first PV.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 16:33   Link #268
Seiryuu

I, too, am glad this isn't a 13-ep or less series, it deserves more time to produce more gripping drama and over-the-top comedy. I should have guessed as much, though, from the pace. As I've said, most series divide pretty neatly into 3 parts, the first introducing the characters and settings and all their stories, then a portion showing the conflict and how things will have to go down, and finally in the third part all bets are off as it becomes a matter of do or die. If this was a 13-epper, we'd be near the end of that first part out of pure necessity, but it certainly feels like there's more to go in the introduction of who's who and what's what. I'd guess we'll have one or two more little sets of 2 or 3 eps to delve a little more into the characters, and then we'll start to see the deeper conflicts manifest a little more.
I must say, concerning observations of Kyouka's personality, she seems to remind me a lot of Hazuki of Tsukuyomi. In particular, her frustration with Ouka reminds me a lot of Hazuki's beginning struggles to learn to seek favor rather than using her powers to command it, and her frustration when it doesn't seem to work as well that way. Kyouka has the power to make others do what she wants, and her personality certainly suggests that even without it she often got it anyway. Yet she also seems to be learning how important it is that love and praise be given willingly, and struggling to come to grips with the fact that everyone doesn't think as greatly of her as she's made them in the past.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 17:15   Link #269
Kaoru Chujo
Komatsu Mikako

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
You put the wrong show in the AniDB link
Whoops. So I did. Here's the right one. But it says 13 eps, so maybe it isn't as good as I thought, lol.
Komatsu Mikako 小松未可子 b88.11.11 (age 26). 2010: Heroman (Joey). 2011: Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal (Mizuki Kotori). 2012: Bodacious Space Pirates (Kato Marika), K (Neko). 2013: Sunday Without God (Ulla Hecmatika), Nagi no Asukara (Miuna). 2014: Soul Eater Not (Eternal Feather), Aldnoah Zero (Inko), Ao Haru Ride (Shuuko), Nisekoi (Seishirou). 2015: Junketsu no Maria (Priapos), Gangsta (Ginger), Aoharu x Kikanjuu (Hotaru), Ushio to Tora (Asako), Danchigai (Yayoi).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2015 anime previews - schedule
character/seiyuu pages: Hibike! Euphonium | Akagami no Shirayukihime | Aoharu x Kikanjuu | Charlotte | Dandelion | Gangsta | Gatchaman | GATE | Im@s Cinderella | Jitsu wa Watashi wa... | Non Non Biyori | Overlord | Rokka no Yuusha | Simoneta | Sore ga Seiyuu | Working!!!
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 17:52   Link #270
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
This is one of those series that aren't even remotely predictable for me. I am just happy that it will be a surprised whatever they decide to do next. I can see this as more of a development series more than anything else. That does call for a longer series than just 13 eps or so, more time for bonding and growth is just what this type of series (and naturally more time for that to be allowed to do so).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 19:27   Link #271
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Like I keep saying, Senko was never really EVIL.
Senko is a good example of the type of character who shows why having the full picture is very important. Also in some ways she can be seen as showing us what Yuka could have ended up like if not for certain intervention.
Old 2008-04-28, 21:20   Link #272
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2008-04-30, 20:03   Link #273
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
No subs out yet, then again I guess new ED plus Kyouka's usual nightmare speed isn't too kind to SS-Eclipse.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 01:18   Link #274
Mentar
Banned

It's the OP. The script and Teika's new ED are done, but the officialized OP is a total hell to work on.

Anyway, not too much longer.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 05:15   Link #275
Chrono Helix

I bet it's cos of all the chanting after the "天才!"
Chrono Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-01, 14:25   Link #276
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Kyouka kinda reminds me of Arcueid when she's in non-serious mode.

Anyway, liking this series pretty well.
Old 2008-05-02, 18:59   Link #277
Midonin
Last Engage

7/8 of the family has been accounted for, ED-wise, in the past few pages, but the last one was just uncovered.

Probably best to view this before Nico snipes it away.

Chika's ED
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 20:04   Link #278
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
7/8 of the family has been accounted for, ED-wise, in the past few pages, but the last one was just uncovered.

Probably best to view this before Nico snipes it away.

Chika's ED
That's a good ED, enjoyable in both the song and visuals.
Heh~, Senko=Scary, but Chika is pretty cute.
There was a scene that reminded me of that Rozen Maiden doll for once though...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 22:08   Link #279
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
It's the OP. The script and Teika's new ED are done, but the officialized OP is a total hell to work on.

Anyway, not too much longer.
Did you say earlier that Eclipse was going to rotate EDs every three episodes? Not that I can complain. Seeing Teika and Yuka together is just too cute.

Is it going to be whatever ED the "main broadcast" has?

I got a curious "Yuka is a cold-blooded killer loli" vibe from this shot. I like it.

65.3% sure Gekka is Kira.
Old 2008-05-02, 22:27   Link #280
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
^You started that thread, didn't you?!

Also this confirms Gekka being capable of mind rape. No wonder she's a child of Enka.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kemonomimi, loli, shounen