AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-15, 11:35   Link #101
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

or rather im putting the bad child to be that jellyfish hahaha since this is random ill just bet randomly
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:42   Link #102
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
*watches again*

Okay if I had to pick one of them as the demon that's in the house I'm going with Yuka!
Agreed. See those scars? She's clearly some sort of super-assassin yandere loli. She also rides a lion, which makes her unstoppable. And awesome.

The Predator's true identity is Tama-chan, who is a Champion of Justice, so s/he's out. Neko-Haruhi already rules the world, as far as she's concerned, so if the Great Destroyer Child had the choice to begin with, she's satisfied with the way things are.

Simba seems like a cool guy. Not sure about the squid--that one's a wildcard, but I have my doubts.

(Names are a bother, so I'll just use nicknames. )

Either that or the Great Destroyer won't appear until the end, and the Family will unite to stop it.
Old 2008-04-15, 15:36   Link #103
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Good lord could Kyouka be just a little more perfect. A cat loli thinking she's god, bossing everyone around, treating everyone else like dirt beneath her feet, making them lick said feet. I think I found my logical end point for the prime example of lolidom. Kyouka takes the cake, the bowl, heck the entire table.
I guess that actually leads into my only complaint... usually with Kyouka's personality type -- the funny comes when her vast ego bumps up against reality. But that failed to happen in this episode - I'm not sure many viewers can tolerate unimpeded egotism of her scale for the length of a series. That bloated ego only works as a joke if it is punctured on occasion.

Unless our Hero is able to come up with some foils to Kyouka, I think its going to hurt the overall comedy factor and she's just going to be annoying with no redeeming factors.

Since this is just the situation set-up episode, its too difficult to tell how funny insane the series will be. Also.... the lingering camera shot on Yuka's scars tend to make me think this may turn a bit serious later as you have to wonder who gave her those scars and why.
Old 2008-04-15, 15:45   Link #104
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well...knowing Kaio, he is a maso, and will do anything to have a loli boss him around (and potential lick feet ).

Not to everyone's taste unfortunately

Yuka being yandere...now that wil be EPIX! and totally unexpected (or expected from such a series?).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 15:56   Link #105
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon
Neko-Haruhi already rules the world, as far as she's concerned.
Now, there is a NEW god...

That was... bizarre. A little hint at possible seriousness at the end there, but the rest was just mad. Must see more...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:22   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

See, what made SHnY's Haruhi tolerable was that some of her schemes fell on their face (remember the "random straw draw" plan to solo with Kyon during their searches?). So far Kyouka hasn't been subjected to any feedback to her whims. I imagine and would hope that some cracks in the Kyouka-sama appear - otherwise she ceases to be funny to me.

And was the jellyfish cooking or eating in that "family scene" at the end?
Old 2008-04-15, 16:41   Link #107
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
she doesn't neet to crack.. ouka can simply get better then her :P
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 16:45   Link #108
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
While craziness is good, it really felt overdone in the first episode. It's too early to give up yet, but I'm not feeling this show atm.
Old 2008-04-15, 17:16   Link #109
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
See, what made SHnY's Haruhi tolerable was that some of her schemes fell on their face (remember the "random straw draw" plan to solo with Kyon during their searches?). So far Kyouka hasn't been subjected to any feedback to her whims. I imagine and would hope that some cracks in the Kyouka-sama appear - otherwise she ceases to be funny to me.
It's episode 1. Wouldn't you say that this worry is alittle bit premature? I do see your point, but I see no reason to bite my nails about that yet. After all, don't forget her teary-mad reaction to the FISH CAKE *gah* ^_^;

Quote:
And was the jellyfish cooking or eating in that "family scene" at the end?
I'd say clearly eating. Check the stack of empty sushi boxes around
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 17:49   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah yes.... stop framed the moment... yeah, they've got quite a food budget there

I'm not *seriously* worried yet.... definitely not enough to drop it (its still pretty interesting). But it would be a shame if they left her an "unstoppable force vector". The "fish cake" (??? ketchup? hot sauce?) scene between Kyouka and Ouka was, for me, one of her funnier moments.
Old 2008-04-15, 18:14   Link #111
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I'm not *seriously* worried yet.... definitely not enough to drop it (its still pretty interesting). But it would be a shame if they left her an "unstoppable force vector". The "fish cake" (??? ketchup? hot sauce?) scene between Kyouka and Ouka was, for me, one of her funnier moments.
Just to make sure, of course I meant the scene from the OP. So, this teary-mad picture of Kyouka-sama ending up with diarrhea after trying this spoiled cake seems to indicate that NOT everything will go according to her whims - and I'm looking forward to the expected tantrums

Then again, it seems that there also will be more serious moments. And I do believe that Kyouka will try to fulfil her mother role aswell.

For me, the question is if it's going to be a "crisis of the week" format with full resets, or if there's going to be a continuous story and character development ongoing. I sure hope for the latter.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 19:04   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ahhhh, I see. I was thinking of the blue/purple with dash of red talking kitchen meal that Kyouka prepared for Ouka "as a good wife should" O.o.

I also liked her solution to the bio-weapon (though it kind of required a piece of info Ouka didn't have.).
Old 2008-04-15, 19:04   Link #113
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
See, what made SHnY's Haruhi tolerable was that some of her schemes fell on their face (remember the "random straw draw" plan to solo with Kyon during their searches?).
Except Haruhi isn't tolerable, because she's god and they can't get her pissed off or the world would be destroyed.
At least Kyouka getting pissed off won't result in entire oblivion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
For me, the question is if it's going to be a "crisis of the week" format with full resets, or if there's going to be a continuous story and character development ongoing. I sure hope for the latter.
The latter. There is definitely going to be character development and more serious moments... After all... Bwahahaha... Or something like that. -_- At least, there should be development for two family members especially when the girl in the OP appears.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 19:20   Link #114
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Except Haruhi isn't tolerable, because she's god and they can't get her pissed off or the world would be destroyed.
At least Kyouka getting pissed off won't result in entire oblivion.
I always likened Haruhi more to a personification of the forces chaos or rather a Trickster. Kyouka also seems to have a Trickster's personality and motivations as well albeit to a much lesser degree of influence. In short Haruhi is more like that super villain with the unspellable name, Mr. Mxyzptlk or whatever and Kyouka is more like Bugs Bunny with a severe attitude problem.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 19:27   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That is an apt yet very funny parallel you've drawn there
Old 2008-04-15, 19:38   Link #116
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Bugs Bunny with a severe attitude problem would have never occurred to me in a thousand years lol.

I reckon it's pretty safe to say Kyouka will get bought down a peg now and then, and the cast seems quite interesting to me, so I'm quietly looking forward to the rest of the antics.

My money is on the lion actually to be the bad one, cause he seems so cool, and a yandere Yuka would indeed be total win.
Old 2008-04-15, 19:45   Link #117
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

"LOL LOL SO RANDOM XD" Animu..

well yeah.. heck the the first episode was okay, and I'm curious about what will happen on teh next

Btw that Yuka was abused loli? wtf.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 19:59   Link #118
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Given this will be two cours, I really hope it will be the latter as well. Still even if we get several stand alone episodes they could still be used to develop a larger plot thread. Also I'm quite sure we'll get some character focused episodes. In the end I won't be surprised if the final arc deals with the whole Enka situation or some major crisis.
Old 2008-04-15, 20:17   Link #119
Molenir

Quote:
well yeah.. heck the the first episode was okay, I'm curious about what will happen on teh next episode. Btw that Yuka was abused loli? wtf.
I know, and so cute too. Horrible that she was apparently abused.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 20:34   Link #120
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
so cute too.
Spoiler for But:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kemonomimi, loli, shounen