AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 15:39   Link #81
Falkor

@Kaoru Chujo

It's interesting to know the info about the seiyuus since i'm always lazy to look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
See, this is why the Japanese need to start learning how to NAME THEIR ANIME.

The Title "Candy Boy" made me think it was some sort of twisted, scary and terrorizing yaoi show, and it gave me the chills by just clicking on the topic. However, surprise! It's cute and most-wanted yuri ( does anyone see the hypocrite in me? ) goodness, and Zero is now downloading it with a smile on his face.

And, by the way, do I need to say this needs MOAR?

Edit:

WAIT, THIS IS TWINCEST? HOLY SARDINE, BATMAN!
For me, it was actually the title that made me curious about the show plus the yuri comments at the beginning of this thread and the fact that it was labeled as an 8 minutes ONA. Since I have a weak spot for yuri subtext, it was a must for me to check it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7
The evidence shown in the Westermarck effect combined with the fact that less than 10% of women are lesbians, pretty much proves that them having a romantic relationship would be completely unrealistic. Then again, who cares if it's unrealistic? This is anime, a source of pure entertainment (and oh how I was entertained ). If you want incest in a realistic setting, watch Koi Kaze. This ONA is just plain fun to watch. Nothing more. You can just leave it up to you're own interpretation. If you want their relationship to be incestuous, it is. If you want it to be good old fashioned sisterly affection, it is. I for one, want this to come to TV badly.
Everyone posting here has come to the conlusion a TV series, OVA, or whatsoever is needed.

I find the relationship between the sisters to be very close, but not to the point of labeling as twincest (as long as it doesn't imply sex). While watching this anime for the third time (?), I came to discover that they have created a very strong bond from the moment they were kids and it's not strange to see them holding hands, living together, and even sleeping in the same bed as result. It's only natural to do so since they were borned together and their parents did not care to separete them. Unless our fantasies allow us to do so, incest will never become true, but probably highly hinted if a show is to come in a near future.

Last edited by Falkor; 2007-12-31 at 23:21.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 15:49   Link #82
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

As for the statistics, most lesbian census surveys conducted in the US (I'm gonna take heat for that aren't I? ) come up with results displaying a range of 1% - 10% (hence why I said less than 10%). So you were correct in saying that my post was educated guessing only. And I never claimed that my post stated an "incontrovertable fact" even if that's how it came off to you.
Old 2007-12-30, 15:53   Link #83
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Perfect. Holding hands. Sleeping in the same bed. Being possessive of each other. None of this needs to imply sex...unless one wants it to.
If it was just those things, but there is more than those "normal" things. yeah, there was not a mutual confession at the very end, then the "but aren't you going out with Saku-chan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
It's kind of funny that this ONA is like 10 minutes long and there's 4 pages of posts talking about it. It's a testament to the writer that they can convey so much in so little time. Regarding the whole "twincest" thing, I'm glad that they left the relationship ambiguous, it lets people see what they choose to see. I really would love to see some more of this, it's the kind of show that I really like.
This post is another one to prove that not matter how well a director try to convey his message, if he doesn't have sex scene to prove it, it is considered Ambiguous. For christ sake, they both confessed that they loved each other and not just as sister when one asked the other what they were going to do about Saku-chan being in love with Kana-chan.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 16:34   Link #84
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
This post is another one to prove that not matter how well a director try to convey his message, if he doesn't have sex scene to prove it, it is considered Ambiguous. For christ sake, they both confessed that they loved each other and not just as sister when one asked the other what they were going to do about Saku-chan being in love with Kana-chan.
Well.. I love my sisters and brothers, and they love me, and none of us are engaging in incest. We're all generally concerned about each others relationships as well, I see that as normal feelings between close siblings. But my point in that post was that they didn't implicitly state the nature of their relationship. It would have been easy to make it clear one way or the other yet they didn't. This lets the people that are fine with the whole yuri-twincest thing feel good about it, it also lets the people that aren't so fine with the whole yuri-twincest thing feel good about it as well.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 16:42   Link #85
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Only one episode... 8 minutes long... ? you gotta be kidding me
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:14   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Quote:
If it was just those things, but there is more than those "normal" things. yeah, there was not a mutual confession at the very end, then the "but aren't you going out with Saku-chan"....
Whoops! Forgot. But I would like it if people who didn't want to imagine more could do that. I don't fall into that category, but I would like for them to be able to enjoy this without being creeped out.

As for the length of the show, I think eight minutes is perfect. At least the director made it perfect. Trying to expand this could be a big mistake.
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 17:20   Link #87
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
As for the statistics, most lesbian census surveys conducted in the US (I'm gonna take heat for that aren't I? ) come up with results displaying a range of 1% - 10% (hence why I said less than 10%). So you were correct in saying that my post was educated guessing only. And I never claimed that my post stated an "incontrovertable fact" even if that's how it came off to you.
My apologies if I misunderstood your intent. I tend to worry when someone gives statistics without inserting a caveat. It's too easy for someone to assume that it is fact.
Old 2007-12-30, 18:03   Link #88
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli View Post
My apologies if I misunderstood your intent. I tend to worry when someone gives statistics without inserting a caveat. It's too easy for someone to assume that it is fact.
No worries . The main point behind my post was in the second half anyways. That the true nature of the sisters' relationship could be left up to self-interpretation.
Old 2007-12-30, 22:31   Link #89
changeup

Sure I know there are heterozygotic twins... the problem here is not that they are not identical... it's they are not alike at all, not even for ordinary sisters...

But anyway, interpretation is by the viewer himself/herself... so whatever.. don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
I guess you've never heard of Fraternal Twins?... That when twins are born but they are not identical...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fratern...raternal_twins

You see Candy Boy is one of those shows where you have to keep an open mind while watching. After all they are both 16 or so years old and have made the decision to truly love one another with no regrets.
Well, yuri is normally NOT about sex...... at least in its orginal meaning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Perfect. Holding hands. Sleeping in the same bed. Being possessive of each other. None of this needs to imply sex...unless one wants it to.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 23:07   Link #90
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Well, yuri is normally NOT about sex...... at least in its orginal meaning...
Well, all depends how far the director is allowed to take things, this season I only know of a two shows where sex is implied or explicit, moon landing (explicit sex) and E-F memories (Implied).
Like i keep saying, some directors have their hand tied up and just have to try their best to hint the audience.
Old 2007-12-30, 23:18   Link #91
changeup

No, I am not talking about the censorship. Yuri, in its original meaning, is a platonic relationship. It is something between a friendhip and a romance. Most of the relationships in Marimite can be put into this category. On the other hand, we have explicit girls' love which is sensual. We've seen a lot in Strawberry Panic.

Most of the other yuri/GL series fall between these two extremes. It is often left to the viewer to decide what are the real extent of the relationship between two girls...

Take this year as an example. Manabi straight, Venus Versus Virus, Hitohira and El Cazador de la Bruja are all yuri series without any hints of sexual relationship. Blue Drop clearly indicates that a sexual relationship is possible, but the resentation is very implicit. As I have mentioned, we do not even have a clear kiss scene this year...

For last year, Strawberry Panic is very sensual. Simoun and Girl Meets Girl have some kiss scene and implicit sex scene, but the other ones are more or less towards the "lesser than an outright romance" extent.

Quote:
Well, all depends how far the director is allowed to take things, this season I only know of a two shows where sex is implied or explicit, moon landing (explicit sex) and E-F memories (Implied).
Like i keep saying, some directors have their hand tied up and just have to try their best to hint the audience.
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 23:21   Link #92
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What...what did I just watch? I liked it but, lol wtf?

Homosexual incest, that is...an out there story.

Don't see how anymore could be made on this. I mean at the end it is evident that they won't ever be seperating.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 23:28   Link #93
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post

Don't see how anymore could be made on this. I mean at the end it is evident that they won't ever be seperating.
A longer series could be a re-make of ther story instead of a follow-up.
Old 2007-12-30, 23:41   Link #94
TigerII
Pilot in Training

True, or a follow up that shows the progressive nature of the stalker.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 23:43   Link #95
guess

This is only a 10-min animation but it is popular enough to have fan art (Doujinshi)? Just google it and you will know what I mean. I am very surprised at this seemly enormous success of this short OVA. I don't even like the songs in the CD. I bought it for the OVA and OVA only.
Old 2007-12-31, 01:00   Link #96
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I found the doujin, and as usual it was steamier!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 08:19   Link #97
Phantasmagoria
†Mizore Shirayuki†
*Author

Out of curiosity, is the anime available for streaming outside of Japan?
Phantasmagoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 09:03   Link #98
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post

yeah, that is what you saw, but many people try to think of it as just sibling love. Evidentely the director failed because he didn't show them kissing or carpet munching each other. (wait, they did kiss when they were very young, but that doesn't count for some people).

Edit:
I just watched the DVD Version that has some extra material, It is obvious that Kana is still resisting going beyond some boundries with Yuki now that they are more concience about it, but Yuki is ready for it.
Try your best Yuki-ne!

Last edited by golthin; 2007-12-31 at 09:44.
Old 2007-12-31, 09:59   Link #99
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhead View Post
Out of curiosity, is the anime available for streaming outside of Japan?
Ummm...search youtube...
Old 2007-12-31, 10:27   Link #100
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
This short animation seems just there to prove how many minutes and hours we have wasted on lengthy animes with unnecessary fillers...
AMEN!

We need more short 12 episode seasons like Kamichu! and short Episodes like Mahou Shojo Tai Alice!

It's actually quite sad how many shows woudl be improved by simply editing down... (Sky Girls and Noir come to mind)

Tags
romantic comedy, yuri