AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 19 13.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 19.12%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.65%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 13.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 3.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.94%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 2.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 2.94%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.94%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-24, 09:54   Link #41
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, I think it's interessting, that the Gundams require the authentication from the pilots to be usable. I can't really remember something like this in other Gundam series. So even if some of the enemies get their hands on one of the machines, they can't use it it seems.
Well, all that the anti-theft device prevents is letting a thief fly away in the Gundam. The fact that no one outside of CB should even know how to operate it means it is barely an issue.

A genuine attempt to obtain a Gundam by a world power would involve either dragging it away via several MS and a large transport plane, or hacking off important pieces and taking it back for study if transport is unavailable. The traditional Gundam-jack shouldn't apply here.

The world powers aren't interested in USING a gundam, they just want the technology. So it doesn't matter if they can't turn on the machine, since they would be ripping it apart for reverse engineering instead.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 09:57   Link #42
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
BTW, I think it's interessting, that the Gundams require the authentication from the pilots to be usable. I can't really remember something like this in other Gundam series. So even if some of the enemies get their hands on one of the machines, they can't use it it seems.
Use it? They don't need to. Just dismember it and learn the technology. That's what they have in their mind right now, I think.
At least, it's no stupid hijack just like a certain Gundam show.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:00   Link #43
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Isn't beam in 00 universe can be disrupted? I thought because of this it won't work underwater....

All hail GN Particles
Beams become less effective under certain atmospheric conditions according to plamodel kit manuals. I guess it just wasn't weak enough underwater.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:01   Link #44
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 3 times the passion of the usual flamenco
Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
if you watch is the latter that way too a 1st for a gundam to do that underwater for me
Alot of Gundams can use their beam sabers underwater, it just depends on the setting though. For CE and AW, beam sabers are a no-no (Garrod does manage to overcome this problem by stabbing the saber hilt BEFORE activating it.), while in Wing this isn't much of a problem as Deathscythe shows.
__________________

On Sickness: "Like someone filled my journal with junk data and then set it to defragment and gave me the lowest priority possible."
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:04   Link #45
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Setsuna would be pretty stupid, if he told the others, that he gave away his identity. He can just hope, that they won't get to know this in the near future or he is in serious trouble.

And: Why is it always Setsuna, who has to face additional trouble? It's getting boring.
if Tieira happen to be there, he would definitely shoot Setsuna ass off n Lockon another lecture/punch?......so much for breaking the code of conducts......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:04   Link #46
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Just another thing... We can now confirm that CB has...

1. Beam weapons. Check.

2. Anti-Gravity devices. Check.

3. Cloaking devices. Check.

4. Force-Fields. Check.

We got ourselves the basic necessary tools for an invasion of Earth, if cheesy SciFi Space Alien movies are any indication.

Quote:
if Tieira happen to be there, he would definitely shoot Setsuna ass off n Lockon another lecture/punch?......so much for breaking the code of conducts......
I think the Queen is going to keep her mouth shut, at least for a while. So Setsuna is safe as long as he doesn't tell his co-workers about this. If the Advisor-lady ever find out about this though, she would have a field-day.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:13   Link #47
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I think the Queen is going to keep her mouth shut, at least for a while. So Setsuna is safe as long as he doesn't tell his co-workers about this. If the Advisor-lady ever find out about this though, she would have a field-day.
Can you tell me what did Setsuna tell her? My download connection is crappy today, and it seems that he did tell her something way too important about CB....
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:16   Link #48
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Can you tell me what did Setsuna tell her? My download connection is crappy today, and it seems that he did tell her something way too important about CB....
Spoiler for Gundam 00 Episode 8:
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 10:21   Link #49
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
Spoiler for Gundam 00 Episode 8:
Ah thank. Seems like he has edited his post. When I read it, it ends at "-CM" .
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:01   Link #50
Ori
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I think the Queen is going to keep her mouth shut, at least for a while. So Setsuna is safe as long as he doesn't tell his co-workers about this. If the Advisor-lady ever find out about this though, she would have a field-day.
My thought exactly.

Right now, Marina doesn't even really believe Setsuna is telling the truth. So for now he is fine. Unless, of course, he goes and walk out of Exia in front of Marina... Which still wouldn't be a problem unless, of course, advisor-lady gets wind of this...

I think this brings back to why Setsuna is a CB. Firstly, he seems like the newest member to the team so he probably didn't join CB right then. Secondly, he is still really young, so his maturity may still be... Thirdly, after his childhood experience, he has a tendency to disregard rules (he does his own things more than once now, and identity leak aside, I really don't think he was supposed to fly right on top of a civilian air-craft that publically).

But I think who ever recruited him put all that into consideration already, esp if CB really has the backing of Veda, a computer system that can predict seeminly everything (even after skipping 2 stages in ep 7, the plan still went as predicted as Veda!).

This brings me to think that Veda have already predicted that Azadistan will become a major battle field and the reason why Setsuna is in the team may be due to the fact he was a Kurtisdian.
__________________

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs

Last edited by Ori; 2007-11-24 at 11:18.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:20   Link #51
Wen
Chocolate Filled
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
My thought exactly.

Right now, Marina doesn't even really believe Setsuna is telling the truth. So for now he is fine. Unless, of course, he goes and walk out of Exia in front of Marina... Which still wouldn't be a problem unless, of course, advisor-lady gets wind of this...

I think this brings back to why Setsuna is a CB. Firstly, he seems like the newest member to the team so he probably didn't join CB right then. Secondly, he is still really young, so his maturity may still be... Thirdly, after his childhood experience, he has a tendency to disregard rules (he does his own things more than once now, and identity leak aside, I really don't think he was supposed to fly right on top of a civilian air-craft that publically).

But I think who ever recruited him put all that into consideration already, esp if CB really has the backing of Veda, a computer system that can predict seeminly everything (even after skipping 2 stages in ep 7, the plan still went as predicted as Veda!).

This brings me to think that Veda have already predicted that Azadistan will become a major battle field and the reason why Setsuna is in the team may be due to the fact he was a Kurtisdian.
I find it interesting that CB is so dependent on Veda, a computer.
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:24   Link #52
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
This episode brings several things to mind for me:

Spoiler for Gundam 00 Episode 8:
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:27   Link #53
SuperAsuradaGundam
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Spoiler:



Edit: forgot spoiler tags
__________________
In life, there are those who take things too seriously and bust on everything and those who just relax and enjoy it for what it is.
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:30   Link #54
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Minami-ke
The way they set up the meeting between Setsuna and Marina is lame. I don't know any princess or leader would simply stop her or his car to help some strangers who apparently just shoot at a car. It's also weird that the police officer let it passed.

Anyway it makes sense that the intelligence intentionally leaks the information to Celestial Being, which i believe many in the world are doing on a day-to-day basis, provided it enhances their self interests. We get to see another ability of Gundam Exia, which is invisibility and it's cool. Overall, this is just another filler episode, i'm looking forward to the next one, which should be more interesting.
GoldAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 11:59   Link #55
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
At least, it's no stupid hijack just like many Gundam shows.
There I fixed it for you.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 12:17   Link #56
Virtue
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Sigh, I think Gundam 00's gone overboard here. (feeling way too sci-fi here)

Is there anything GN particles can't do????


I'm liking the fanservice though....
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 12:39   Link #57
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Yay, more boobs I'd buy that. Let's start another H show and have the girls bring it.

After ep 8 I have a few thoughts
1.Next time you want Binladen caught you call CB.
2.That encounter between setsuna and marina was lame, it was marina playing the knight
3.Good work setsuna, tell the world who you are
4.The watchability of 00 seems to be on a decline.
__________________
憎しみ合う者達がいた 骸は野に朽ち 御魂は血に染み 絆は 刃に分かたれた 闇についえし真心が泣く 愛する者よ 死に候えと
Kazamachi Shogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:26   Link #58
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Great, so he tells her that he's a GM AND his secret identity.

SMART. Real smart.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:29   Link #59
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wen View Post
I find it interesting that CB is so dependent on Veda, a computer.
Everything is dependent on computers nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Great, so he tells her that he's a GM AND his secret identity.

SMART. Real smart.
Which secret identity, other than that he's a GM? He tells everybody and their sisters that his name is Setsuna F. Seiei.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-24, 13:33   Link #60
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Which secret identity, other than that he's a GM? He tells everybody and their sisters that his name is Setsuna F. Seiei.
But he usually doesn't make a habit of specifically identifying it as a codename. Not to mention that we're still unsure of whether the name he gave is actually his real name.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.