AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2015-11-25, 10:29   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 808 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

The Zou adventure continues! Kinda my own summary that I made from scraps of info here and there:

-Chapter title is "Duke Inuarashi". Splash page features Usopp's hometown of Syrup Village.

-Continuing from Wanda's flashback, the pirates led by the mammoth continue to threaten the minks. It's soon revealed that the mammoth is indeed Jack. He's the captain of the Hundred Beast Pirates' "Mammoth Ship". Of course, this means that he's one of Kaidou's officers. In fact, he's one of Kaidou's top THREE officers. He's also known as Jack of the Drought since he makes the ground beneath him dry up and crack (kinda like Crocodile, I guess). Even more troubling, he has an army of beastmen known as the "Gifters". Sheeps Head (the guy Sanji beat up in chapter 795) is among the Gifters, as well. The Gifters then start their attack as the flashback ends....

-Back in the present, everyone continues discussing the invasion. Then, in mid-conversation, Luffy accidentally says "ninja" out loud, forcing Brooke to cover up for him. Soon, a new mink man appears to meet with the Straw-Hats: One of Duke Inuarashi's Three Musketeers, the lion mink, Full Force Sicilian! (his name's a pun, BTW: "Sici" is pronounced "Shishi" in Japanese, which also happens to be the JP word for lion, heh). Anyway, after some more chatting, the group head off to meet the Duke himself, who's an old man dog-type mink. Inuarashi seems to be pretty friendly towards the Straw-Hats, and Wanda explains that he's the strongest fighter on Zou, though the duke himself disagrees since he lost against Jack. Wanda says that the minks would have been able to beat Jack's forces if they didn't have that "weapon" with them. When Luffy asks about this weapon, Chopper tells him that what was truly responsible for destroying the country was one of Caesar's poison gas weapons....!!!!

-BTW, the circumstances behind Sanji's disappearance are still unclear, as well as the contents of his letter.

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-11-27 at 03:41.
marvelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-25, 12:12   Link #2
Gilly

So the monkey is a Mink after all? I thought it was a normal (by One Piece standards) monkey cause it could only say "ete".
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 02:24   Link #3
marvelB

Edit: Well, most of the info from that earlier summary turned out to be legit (with some pics to back it up), so I updated the first post. Might still have to wait a bit for the full chapter proper, though. Anyway, I rather like the design of that lion guy, Sicilian (he basically looks like a lion version of Mihawk). Still no word yet on Sanji, though....

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-11-26 at 05:03.
Old 2015-11-26, 13:44   Link #4
Rainbowman

So, Kaidou is to be the main antagonist of this arc. Can't wait to see the other two officers now that Jack is one out of three revealed.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-26, 15:21   Link #5
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Wait, shouldn't the chapter be out already?
Old 2015-11-26, 15:32   Link #6
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

It feels good to finally have a really intimidating villain. I mean, Jack is just ONE of Kaido's top crew members. Perhaps X-Drake is one of the other officers?

I have a feeling the final encounter between Kaido and StrawHearts will be a more epic fight than CP9 vs Strawhats. Which is REALLY saying something.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 03:54   Link #7
marvelB

Well, the full chapter's already out, but I suppose a good number of folks are too busy enjoying the holidays at the moment to post, heh.

Anyways, despite all the buzz about Jack, those minks really can't be underestimated, either. I mean, after all, part of Jack's forces got taken out by the mink tribe! And Wanda even said they could have driven off the enemy pirates if not for Caesar's weapon. I'd say the furries are definitely monsters in their own right if they're able to fend off an emperor's forces on their own (putting aside the use of poison).....

Speaking of the minks, Sicilian (aka Lion Mihawk) is definitely becoming my favorite of the furry tribe by far. I like how he seems to have some strict drill sergeant-type personality. Hope we get to see him in action soon enough. We also have yet to see the other musketeers and Duke Nekomamushi, as well. And I notice we still don't exactly have a clear indication as to the main enemy of the arc is since Jack should be long gone from Zou by now (what with him being reported dead after his attack on the marines and all). I'd still say that Edward Weevil is a possibility, but we still don't seem to have any clear indication as to his involvement on Zou just yet....
Old 2015-11-27, 05:29   Link #8
necrolyte

Except some funny Luffy moments this chapter was quite boring. The only thing we learned was that Kaido's forces probably have different poison weapons made by Caesar. After this chapter I think that SH won't stay too long on this island(elephant) and I'm quite curious where will take place their encounter with Kaido. I just hope we won't have to wait too much to see it
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 05:36   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

whoa.. a talking mammoth..

and I do think that it is better for them to reveal the truth about Kinemon, etc
It would be kinda bad if they tried to hide them

looks like we could not move on from Caesar Clown yet
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 09:08   Link #10
Gilly

This arc is so slow... Seven chapters in, and the only thing we know is that Kaido's men wrecked the place. Sanji's absence aside, Zou is supposed to be where Kin'emon and Momo's purpose in the story is explained, but the goddamn Minks know nothing. So far, the most interesting but about the island is the island itself.
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 09:51   Link #11
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Hm, this is the second time Jack's power is being undermined. I wonder how tough he really is? First, he's unable to capture Doflamingo despite running his mouth, and now we find out that the only reason the Minks lost was Ceasar's poisonous weapon. On top of all that, we already know that the sheep dude is a joke. Now I'm not saying Jack isn't powerful, but so far he's not built up to be impressive. I really hope we don't get a repeat of Doflamingo's crew, where the leader was really, really strong, but everyone below him a joke.
Old 2015-11-27, 10:03   Link #12
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Hm, this is the second time Jack's power is being undermined. I wonder how tough he really is? First, he's unable to capture Doflamingo despite running his mouth, and now we find out that the only reason the Minks lost was Ceasar's poisonous weapon. On top of all that, we already know that the sheep dude is a joke. Now I'm not saying Jack isn't powerful, but so far he's not built up to be impressive. I really hope we don't get a repeat of Doflamingo's crew, where the leader was really, really strong, but everyone below him a joke.
Pica, and Vergo were hardly jokes. Sanji would not have beaten Vergo in a full fight.
P_Dezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 10:16   Link #13
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Vergo might be the only exception, but he wasn't even a player in the Dresrosa arc, so I didn't count him in my statement. Pica was a joke though, he managed to trick Zoro and then proceeded to get one-shot by him. At no point was he even close to matching his opponent.
Old 2015-11-27, 12:22   Link #14
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Jack's failure to capture Doflamingo is understandable since he was up against an admiral and a former fleet admiral. There was no way he was going to come out as the winner there. But having the balls to take on Fujitora, Sengoku, and Crane, really says something (aside from being reckless and arrogant). And of course, we just found out he's one of Kaido's top 3 subordinates. Whitebeard had his monster trio of Marco, Jozu, and Vista. Shanks' is Ben Beckman, Lucky Roux, and Yassop. Jack should be comparable to those guys, which means he's going to be a powerhouse. Sure, the emperors have their share of fodder in their crews, but the top dogs are a whole different ball game.
Old 2015-11-27, 12:31   Link #15
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
But having the balls to take on Fujitora, Sengoku, and Crane, really says something (aside from being reckless and arrogant).
That's what I'm starting to doubt. But I hope I'm wrong.
Old 2015-11-27, 14:38   Link #16
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Jack's failure to capture Doflamingo is understandable since he was up against an admiral and a former fleet admiral. There was no way he was going to come out as the winner there. But having the balls to take on Fujitora, Sengoku, and Crane, really says something (aside from being reckless and arrogant).
I need a reminder. Who's Crane?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 15:00   Link #17
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Crane is Tsuru. By the way, I think people are vastly overestimating her as a fighter.
Old 2015-11-27, 16:36   Link #18
itachi-san314

Lol! Full Power Sicilian

Quote:
I really hope we don't get a repeat of Doflamingo's crew, where the leader was really, really strong, but everyone below him a joke.
I would assume Jack is going to be as strong as Mingo (maybe stronger). Mingo wasn't as strong as an Emperor and Jack is an Emperor's right hand man. Like people are saying, he challenged a couple Admiral level fighters which says a lot. Mingo wouldn't win that fight either.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 17:45   Link #19
BPD Renegade

I don't understand why they're afraid of mentioning anything to do with Wano or the samurai. It's one thing to say something callous or insensitive right after what happened, it's another to purposely withhold relevant information that they have. It's like Oda's just grasping at straws for an excuse to draw out the plot (or rather, to introduce the plot) for no reason.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-27, 20:00   Link #20
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I don't understand why they're afraid of mentioning anything to do with Wano or the samurai. It's one thing to say something callous or insensitive right after what happened, it's another to purposely withhold relevant information that they have. It's like Oda's just grasping at straws for an excuse to draw out the plot (or rather, to introduce the plot) for no reason.
One thought that is bound to be running through thier minds; "it's the samurais fault we were attacked". They are not gonna be kind to any samurai they find or thier friends. It's like being part of what attracted jack to zou in the first place.