AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-01-25, 23:57   Link #1
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Send a message via AIM to get_a_life
Storyline for my manga

this isnt really a visual form of fan art but... whatever. im trying to develop an original story line for my manga thats focuses on comedy, nonsense, and possibly sci-fi and fantasy... here, read it:

- - - -

Hikaru wakes up and everything is white, an infinite enveloping white canvas. as he tries to comprehend what happened, he remembers what he did before waking up.

he recalls studying for his final early in the morning and then packing his things to get ready for class--he stayed up all night and morning. with about 2 hours to spare before class starts, he sets his alarm and, by rountine, takes his sleeping pills and drifts off to sleep. as soon as his alarm goes off, he sweeps himself up, gets his backpack, locks the door, and walks down to the cross walk. still very drowsy from the effect of the sleeping pills, he mistakingly judges a jingle from a car's radio for the cross walk signal. he steps down from the curb and suddenly hears a honk. Hikaru realizes he died in a car accident.

still perplexed, he wonders if he's in heaven... or hell. everything is completely white. he doesnt even have a shadow. all he had was his clothes and a backpack. bored and hungry, he sets his things down and eats his packed lunch. when he sits down his pencil pokes him. he takes it out and starts doodling on the white floor, drawing various cute creatures. he sips his coffee. suddenly his drawings start moving. they gather around him as if he was some god. amazed, he draws more of them and they start bowing in unison.

realizing this potential, hikaru draws a dragon. the kind of pet dragon he wished he had when he was a child. also realizing a lack of a human companion, he starts drawing a girl...

(reworded and edited)

- - - - -

thats my story so far. a rough intro. im not quite sure how i want to continue this but for sure it'll have to do with Hikaru redrawing his town with "modifications" and enjoying his world except he forgets that his creations have a mind of their own.

what do you think? and DONT STEAL THIS STORY. ITS MINES. OK? i know i cant keep you from copying it but please, this took me awhile to brain storm bc im a terrible writer.

i think i'll call it "Hikaru no Canvas." i know that sounds a lot like hikaru no go... how about... Blank Canvas? or just BLANK? yeah, one word titles seem to sound more catchy.

i'll have my first pages of panels in a few days.

also does anyone know a good manga community thats free and posts your work with other amateur mangakas?

Last edited by get_a_life; 2004-01-26 at 19:55.
get_a_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:10   Link #2
Mundain
They call me stew

Send a message via AIM to Mundain
Strange story, I cant imagine what will happen, but it is good.

I think some wording needs to be changed, but im to lazy to go do the copy and pasteing, It would be pointless anyway, since you would end up storyboarding it.

again, its good.

ciao
Mundain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:16   Link #3
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Jaded. 'nuff said.

So..does he know that he's walking down the street or not? I mean.. I wouldn't/couldn't go to my finals if my entire world is a canvas...i mean...think about it O.o.
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:37   Link #4
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
Jaded. 'nuff said.

So..does he know that he's walking down the street or not? I mean.. I wouldn't/couldn't go to my finals if my entire world is a canvas...i mean...think about it O.o.

noooo!!! the whole thing about the studying for finals was a flash back. he was trying to piece together what happened before he woke up in "blank world."
Old 2004-01-26, 00:45   Link #5
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. This is funny. Everyone else is working on their mangas but has perty much abandoned the group effort manga that I got started. *sigh* Oh well. I'd still be interested in reading yours when you get it done.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:49   Link #6
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
hehe. This is funny. Everyone else is working on their mangas but has perty much abandoned the group effort manga that I got started. *sigh* Oh well. I'd still be interested in reading yours when you get it done.
the problems are:
1. conflicting ideas(biggest)
2. Different artists(minor)
3. Location(minor/major, depending on the manga)
4. Availability (minor/major)
5. Capability(not everyone can draw him, not everyone has a scanner that works great...or one at all)
Deralti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 00:58   Link #7
get_a_life
hentai! banzai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
the problems are:
1. conflicting ideas(biggest)
2. Different artists(minor)
3. Location(minor/major, depending on the manga)
4. Availability (minor/major)
5. Capability(not everyone can draw him, not everyone has a scanner that works great...or one at all)
along with diff ideas, there could be a conflict on the style it should look like... unless everyone has the same style. on 'suki, theres so many different styles that im seeing. uglypigs, anime-otaku, tzurial, they all have a very defined style.

i just got an idea, wouldnt it be weird if there was a manga with 2 styles switching at the same time between panels? that would be great!!

location isnt really a big deal unless you have to physically send them the original art, i.e. when you send it to your friend to manually screentone.

availability is a big one too esp if your comrads are out of state. its best to find someone local. i mean anime is everywhere now.

man i need a bigger scanner.