AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-31, 19:18   Link #241
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Their names from the novels are the official ones- Marika Soresi (the brunette) and Liliana Vergamon (the blonde).
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 19:52   Link #242
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Their names from the novels are the official ones- Marika Soresi (the brunette) and Liliana Vergamon (the blonde).
Kay, that works for me

Edit: Recently I've been on a huge kick anticipating the release of the RTS game Tom Clancy's EndWar, I thought this kind of thing would probably suit Lelouch's style, and after seeing the recent episode I find it rather interesting seeing the prospect of how he could deal reality in its most ugliest form after upholding that principle most fervently at this point. Long story short, thinking of doing a possible cross-over. Tell me whether you guys think it might be a good or bad idea, alright?
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg

Last edited by KrimzonStriker; 2008-08-31 at 20:06.
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 20:04   Link #243
Worriors1
Spontaneous Retirement.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Their names from the novels are the official ones- Marika Soresi (the brunette) and Liliana Vergamon (the blonde).
Liliana is pretty. Too bad neither of them got alot of time in the anime,

"Oh, ode to the wasted time, mistress, ode to the wasted time.."

That sounded so much better in my head.. Anyways, my own moment;
TONIGHT.

AHAHA.

YES.

TONIGHT.



Also, thanks for the info. I was wondering who was who for a second there.
Worriors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 20:08   Link #244
Sprite_Coke
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Washington
Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
I was told one of 'em's related to Lord Kewell of the purist faction, as she said "Kewell" when she died in ep 18.
Sprite_Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 02:31   Link #245
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
After some discussion with my beta, I expressed my disappointment with the recent events: I thought that the Mystery would be much more than what turned out to be the case in 21, but it felt anti-climatic, flimsy, rather a stretch. I'd go as far as to employ the word lame. "Huh? That's it? That's all it was? She died because of that? That's the kind of person she (Marianne) was?"

Wow.

As far as my story goes, it was to follow the development of the anime's plot, but knowing that the core Mystery/Crux of the show is merely what was revealed in episode 21 and what led up to it, it's rather depressing. Not bad, but it felt as though the producers had to dumb down the Grand Conspiracy and the Great Villains in order to fit it into the limited number of episodes left.

So now I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably deviate the story from the anime's line of plot sooner rather than later and venture further into original content territory... which people acquainted with Bleach and Naruto fillers might know, usually isn't a good idea. I'm just not sure I want to repeat the same kind of Climax we're witnessing now in Code Geass in fic; some may still find it interesting, but I wouldn't be interested in reading it.
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-01, 10:25   Link #246
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
this weekend I started doing the designs for the Knight of 0 Armour for my fic, I finished the design XD ha ha and it took me 5 hours to come up with it with 3 different version, I'm going to post up all my sketches, the first one is version 2.0 and was a quick drabble of the front with a sketchie drawing I made while playing WoW lol
Version 3.0 on pic 2 is a lot better drawn, since it had my attention and because it was easier with the drabble lying next to it, made some changes to it and drew the back as well
Lastly version 4.0 and the final version of how I want Lulu's white knight armour to look like, again minor changes and a front view with detailed notes and sketches of hands and feet

Spoiler for drabble of version 2.0:


Spoiler for version 3.0:


Spoiler for final version 4.0:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 15:36   Link #247
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
After some discussion with my beta, I expressed my disappointment with the recent events: I thought that the Mystery would be much more than what turned out to be the case in 21, but it felt anti-climatic, flimsy, rather a stretch. I'd go as far as to employ the word lame. "Huh? That's it? That's all it was? She died because of that? That's the kind of person she (Marianne) was?"

Wow.

As far as my story goes, it was to follow the development of the anime's plot, but knowing that the core Mystery/Crux of the show is merely what was revealed in episode 21 and what led up to it, it's rather depressing. Not bad, but it felt as though the producers had to dumb down the Grand Conspiracy and the Great Villains in order to fit it into the limited number of episodes left.

So now I'm not sure what to do. I'll probably deviate the story from the anime's line of plot sooner rather than later and venture further into original content territory... which people acquainted with Bleach and Naruto fillers might know, usually isn't a good idea. I'm just not sure I want to repeat the same kind of Climax we're witnessing now in Code Geass in fic; some may still find it interesting, but I wouldn't be interested in reading it.
I wouldn't say repeat it so much as continue what you have been doing in your alternate version, come at it from a different angle and explore it with more depth. The content itself wasn't bad or an uninteresting one for me, so much as it could have been elaborated on much further to give a better impact but unfortunately we didn't have such a schedule so we made do with what we gained, but with your rendition we have a much more flexible route in that department. The main mark of any writer (especially when it isn't their own original work) is to turn a pile of garbage into a bountiful garden and work within the confines of what they have while bending it to their will.
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:15   Link #248
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
I've been waiting for a while for someone to attempt a 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' epic fic following Lelouch without Geass, like the original plan was for the anime, with Lelouch as a decent pilot or something instead, to replace Geass. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed.

Too AU and complicated, I guess.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:27   Link #249
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I've been waiting for a while for someone to attempt a 'Lelouch of the Rebellion' epic fic following Lelouch without Geass, like the original plan was for the anime, with Lelouch as a decent pilot or something instead, to replace Geass. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed.

Too AU and complicated, I guess.
The single problem with that is that without Geass, he couldn't have hoped to have even get close to Clovis. Or, later, take over the royal court.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:28   Link #250
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
The single problem with that is that without Geass, he couldn't have hoped to have even get close to Clovis. Or, later, take over the royal court.
Like I said, it would have to be AU, but I've seen fanfiction authors do weirder things. One guy in my favorites turned Naruto into a mecha series, and did it well.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:31   Link #251
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
But even then, it's complex. And right off the bat, it sort of fails. "My name is Lelouch Vi Britannia. I'm suspiciously dressed in Britannian military attire and piloting a KMF when I've been exiled for almost ten years. Can I see my brother?"
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:35   Link #252
Dilla
'Sup Ballers
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: North Carolina, USA
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
But even then, it's complex. And right off the bat, it sort of fails. "My name is Lelouch Vi Britannia. I'm suspiciously dressed in Britannian military attire and piloting a KMF when I've been exiled for almost ten years. Can I see my brother?"
The main thing I would be looking for would for it to exactly follow canon, hence being AU. I would just need him to create the Black Knights, then on from there. It could be worked around, and only a great author could do it effectively.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 01:49   Link #253
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Lelouch's Geass practically...well, was the thing, even above the BKs, that elevated him to such great heights in R1 and...well, got him where he is in R2, even though it's been a mal-factor there, somewhat. And if this author gets to the point where the royal court's taken over, he's scuppered. There was no way that the court would accept Lelouch strolling in and taking the seat of the Emperor. Even with Suzaku on his side, Lelouch would simply be ousted moments after making his entrance (since Suzaku's claims aren't exactly going to be heeded because of racial prejudice on the part of most of the royal family), or simply shot dead.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-03, 03:25   Link #254
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
I am actually making a fiction that doesn't use the Geass plot at all. It actually is coming along very well.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 20:12   Link #255
sandykins
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Age: 33
I found this fanfic pretty funny (even if you're not into Kalulu, you might enjoy it):

The No Talking Rule.
sandykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 21:14   Link #256
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Man Cave
Send a message via Skype™ to Inferno Phoenyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandykins View Post
I found this fanfic pretty funny (even if you're not into Kalulu, you might enjoy it):

The No Talking Rule.
I lol'd a lot.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 21:11   Link #257
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Okay third chapter for A Friend Indeed is out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4067912/3/A_Friend_Indeed

Haven't looked at the exact word count but its somewhere around 7,000 this time. Such a small number for the 5 months it took for me to get it out. Anyway now its time to start working on the outline for my original story and another Code Geass fiction plus the next chapter for AFI. Good thing I have plenty of free time now
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 21:03   Link #258
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Writing has been on hold; law school calls.

On an unrelated note, staying true to the Code Geass canon seems like an almost impossible task (to me) now. I'm rather glad I get a relative clean slate (relative, because the UNDERLYING CORE SUPER IMPORTANT CONSPIRACY PLOT still happened and awaits addressing) because I began branching off from the canon time line in the beginning.

If I were attempting to writing a canon continuation fic from somewhere in the middle? I'd probably go nuts.
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 00:29   Link #259
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
^ honestly Cal at this point I like your fic way better than the actual show. It was plenty of surprises and genuine emotional parts without having to go all twisty WTF or pulling something completely out of left field.

Really all the recent eps have really cheapened what season 1 set up as well as the characters themselves.

I mean they brought back Nunnally just to have a little (and i mean very little) angst for Lulu. The way LuSu bowl over it just cheapens that plot gimmick.

Hope law school works out so you can update your fic sooner than later :3
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 00:57   Link #260
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I deleted my previous post so I wouldn't be double posting when I posted this:

http://community.livejournal.com/cav...tor/40063.html

I think this is the best Code Geass fic I've read yet: A 6000 word fic about Clovis, from Clovis POV, on himself, his mother, Mariianne, and all his siblings as they grew up. The depth of character development is superior to what Sunrise has managed to accomplish in a whole season. It leaves you hungry for more.

This story has definitely raised the bar for me.
__________________

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2008-09-17 at 01:10.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.