AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-03, 12:12   Link #321
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Lol, gonna do a oneshot fanfic after finals papers are finished and also my work that I promised my boss is sent. A Kalulu fanfic where she is sitting in her home, and then she saw a letter addressed to "Q-1". Guessing (correctly) who sent it, she would then utter the non existent gumline to the letter's owner.
That's a fantastic premise! Hope it turns out well.

A character question: Nina, just about no one likes her, and one of the reasons for that is because of her racism. But what's the reason for her racism? We see of course that many common Britannians (excluding nobles and soldiers) are racist, but these are more of what we'd expect; indifference to suffering, bullying, and sense of superiority. Nina's hatred seems borne out of a deep rooted fear instilled by a traumatic event--my friend suggested that perhaps her parents raised her to be racist, but that wouldn't make sense, as then she would feel superior rather afraid.

My conclusion, which I will then apply in my story, is that either she was attacked and/or raped or witnessed such an event on someone close to her. I am no expert in rape-victim psychology, but such an event may account for her emotional instability as well (see; response to Euphie's death, outburst at Milly at party).

Also, chapter 15 is now 7000 words long.
Old 2008-10-03, 12:53   Link #322
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
That's a fantastic premise! Hope it turns out well.

A character question: Nina, just about no one likes her, and one of the reasons for that is because of her racism. But what's the reason for her racism? We see of course that many common Britannians (excluding nobles and soldiers) are racist, but these are more of what we'd expect; indifference to suffering, bullying, and sense of superiority. Nina's hatred seems borne out of a deep rooted fear instilled by a traumatic event--my friend suggested that perhaps her parents raised her to be racist, but that wouldn't make sense, as then she would feel superior rather afraid.

My conclusion, which I will then apply in my story, is that either she was attacked and/or raped or witnessed such an event on someone close to her. I am no expert in rape-victim psychology, but such an event may account for her emotional instability as well (see; response to Euphie's death, outburst at Milly at party).

I was actually just watching the episode 8 of season 1 the other and wondered the same thing. Millay holds her hand when they are heading through the sub-way tunnel's and says "Don't worry it's not scary like the Ghettos. We won't leave you behind the second time."

So I concur with your conclusion Cal, she was either attacked or harmed in some way by the Japanese. I didn't hate her persay I just found her character rather shallow at first-it seemed like her constant presence in season 1 was to highlight the fact that Suzaku was an Eleven.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 13:46   Link #323
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
This is good news, from what you were posting a couple of days ago, I thought you had discontinued.

As for Nina, I had thought her parents had been killed by a Japanese person or group with her present when she was young, like Bruce Wayne. If you don't know to much about rape psychology, I wouldn't go near it, unless you're only hinting at it.

Last edited by Dilla; 2008-10-03 at 14:00.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 14:42   Link #324
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Hm... I really want to write a crossover. o.o
But how do you mix Code Geass with Prince of Tennis? xD
Oh my... I'm such a damn fangirl.
But I'll find a solution! xD
Old 2008-10-03, 17:02   Link #325
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
This the inner StarWars nerd inside me speaking but I think a KOTOR story with Code Geass characters inserted inside would be a cool idea. I think Lelouch could be a Revan easily.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 01:35   Link #326
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Any smut/lemon fans up in here, up in here?

If the answer is 'yes' then I have a story for you.

The Castaway Prince

Don't worry, it's very well written and it has a great plot, starting with Kallen being rescued around the episode 13 area. Btw, it's C.C./Lelouch/Kallen.
Old 2008-10-04, 10:41   Link #327
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Anyone who reads Chinese here?
红莲之眼
Post-series, Kallen centric + Kalulu, surreal connections with Spice and Wolf
That fic made me cry....

Uh...cute Kagino fic...I guess I'm already sold. *dies*
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4554215/1/Better

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2008-10-04 at 11:39.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 02:01   Link #328
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Anyone know of some good C.C. Lelouch ones? I'm a total sucker for those two, ever was since they were introduced. Oh and if it is not a bother anyone mind checking a few of mine out? Any type of feedback would be helpful, I constantly am looking to improve. my pen name of fanfiction.net is FireIceWindEarth. Thanks in advance!
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 03:42   Link #329
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92 Send a message via Skype™ to kazuki_yuki92
someone has fanfic lelouch x C.C?sharing please ^ ^
Old 2008-10-10, 10:19   Link #330
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Uh...cute Kagino fic...I guess I'm already sold. *dies*
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4554215/1/Better
I recommend this too, altought not being a Karen/Gino fan, I found this piece particulary lovely and nice with characterization.
(thanks for posting it again - wanna share it with a KaGino friend but lost track of it and couldn't find back <3)
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 22:02   Link #331
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I was actually just watching the episode 8 of season 1 the other and wondered the same thing. Millay holds her hand when they are heading through the sub-way tunnel's and says "Don't worry it's not scary like the Ghettos. We won't leave you behind the second time."

So I concur with your conclusion Cal, she was either attacked or harmed in some way by the Japanese. I didn't hate her persay I just found her character rather shallow at first-it seemed like her constant presence in season 1 was to highlight the fact that Suzaku was an Eleven.
I've always suspected that it goes a mite farther than just "harmed in some way." Going by her near terror around most any Japanese male, the left-behind reference, the behavior of Japanese men to solitary Britanians in the ghetto, and Nina's, ahem, batting for the other team tendencies, I think that the sub-tone suggestions are that Nina, left behind in the Ghettos one time, was victim of the oldest form of revenge, and that's what's left her as she is.
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-13, 23:42   Link #332
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

I heard there are tones of Kalulu fics in japanese... care to share a link??
Ill try to translate once Im off school...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 11:42   Link #333
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington2612 View Post
I heard there are tones of Kalulu fics in japanese... care to share a link??
Ill try to translate once Im off school...
http://search.geass.info/html/04_01_03.html

The Japanese as far as I know don't have a ff.net, they have fansite search engines. Here's 92 fansites who have ID their site as containing the tag "Normal Love: Lulu-Kallen."
Old 2008-10-14, 13:02   Link #334
blottyparchment

Dragging this from the Kallen thread into its proper thread.

There's this beautiful jap fic that would have perfectly captured Lelouch's thoughts after the kiss in turn 22. You can read it here, but link's not working right now, so I'll post the whole stuff here:

Spoiler for fanfic - A Fool's Tedious Talk:

I made a translation of it. Translation isn't perfect and word-for-word. Haven't had anyone else beta-read it, so feel free to correct any translation or grammar mistakes. I had to rephrase a few lines differently from the original for, you know, artistic or not so artistic license...^^ I don't think I did it enough justice, but here it is:

Spoiler for translation of A Fool's Tedious Talk:

The last few lines are very beautiful. Quite Lulu-ish, if I must say.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-14, 22:19   Link #335
Elicit

No love for any (good) Gino x Anya fics...? I guess Gino x Kallen got the hype on this end of the stick...
Elicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 08:03   Link #336
kazuki_yuki92
Lelouch and C.C fans

Send a message via Yahoo to kazuki_yuki92 Send a message via Skype™ to kazuki_yuki92
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4212727/...nvenient_Truth

here..that lelouch and C.C fanfic~
Old 2008-10-19, 12:28   Link #337
darthfury78

Are there any Milly x Lelouch fanfiction?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 14:43   Link #338
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Are there any Milly x Lelouch fanfiction?
http://www.fanfiction.net/anime/Code...09/3828/0/0/1/

All three of them on ff.net right there. All three of them are decent.
Old 2008-10-20, 03:16   Link #339
Cal-Reflector

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/...h_of_Brittania

Chapter 15: Kampfgruppe Kewell

Whew...

EDIT: Holy crap "The Measure of Greatness" and "Friends Indeed" were frigging amazing! *Spouting gibberish* Why didn't I read these sooner? Where have I been this past year??

Last edited by Cal-Reflector; 2008-10-20 at 04:09.
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 03:35   Link #340
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Well, I may as well post a link to the first chapter of my fan-fiction here, just for kicks really.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4605320/...utherland_Mask

I do hope that you will enjoy it. And here is a small preview for the next chapter.

Spoiler for Poor old Bismarck.:

Last edited by Shuuda; 2008-10-20 at 13:32.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion