AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-05, 10:36   Link #121
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Oh, that was your story Worrior? Nice read, we need more positive Rolo fics out there. Actually, we just need more well-written Code Geass fics in general

Oh, and nice update Cal, just saw chapter 13 for Lelouch of Britannia.

P.S One, two three, four, I demand a civil war!! For Britannia, for anything to change, we must have blood and hence I demand Lelouch does what he does best, cause chaos that is!
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:07   Link #122
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
To the fic readers: Can anyone recommend some really really good CG fics? Fics that made your jaw drop in amazement and aspire to be a better writer?

I'll take em in Chinese, Japanese, or English. I like writing but I like reading more.

Criteria... mostly Romance. No Yaoi please.

On a side note: The fics that made my jaw drop were mainly found in other fandoms: CCS, Norribeth community on LJ, FF7, Read or Die, and... that's about it. There are authors there I'll catch up to maybe if I went back to college and spent another 4 years studying the topic, maybe.
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:15   Link #123
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Let's see. Spirit of the Wolf is pretty good, I liked Code Geass: The Timeless Imprisonment quite a bit myself as well.

I was actually thinking about putting something up myself, a bit of a high school fic of some kind since you want a fill on romance I could send you the draft when I get the chance to write it
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:38   Link #124
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Krimzon where have you been? You have missed the Nunnally hate-train!

I do love the sound of a high school, I was going to do one but I am still behind on my current project, but I am intrigued about what you have.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:51   Link #125
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Hmm? Nunnally hate-train you say? Interesting... <_<

Well, if you want I can send you a PM about my basic idea tomorrow or something
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:57   Link #126
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Let's see. Spirit of the Wolf is pretty good, I liked Code Geass: The Timeless Imprisonment quite a bit myself as well.

I was actually thinking about putting something up myself, a bit of a high school fic of some kind since you want a fill on romance I could send you the draft when I get the chance to write it
Meh... too many of this genre already (I'm guilty too). I hope people can write more romance, introspection, comedy and vignettes to vary up the offerings. The two stories seem solid but wasn't quite what I was after.

Here's an example of what I'm looking for: The fandom is FF7, setting is post-series.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1422471/1/Into_the_Dark

Lelouch of Britannia is not a great story. It's readable to decent compared to the link above (I go back and read it about once a year). Hopefully I'll improve as I read and write the story.
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 00:59   Link #127
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Hey, you're far above most of the other people who put out CG fictions, probably me as well. In any event, I'll see if I can't try to write something up to meet your expectations when I get the spare time for it
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:01   Link #128
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 27
I'm not good with romance centered fics myself so I avoid trying to do them (and by not good I mean absolutely horrible).
I tend to do very plot centered fics, more fun to write, but I always have romance slowly develop in them and I drop in jokes when I can get away with it.
__________________
^_^~Tis has been a message from your unfriendly neighborhood LunaticChaos~^_^
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:02   Link #129
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Meh, I try to dabble in everything, though I admire high octane action novels the most I don't seem to have much of a penchant for it when I try to simulate them. Too much detail I guess
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:03   Link #130
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Hey, you're far above most of the other people who put out CG fictions, probably me as well. In any event, I'll see if I can't try to write something up to meet your expectations when I get the spare time for it
The only advice I feel qualified in giving (due to extensive personal experience) is this: Write several short fics and make em' good before you try to write a 200,000 word fic. Too many things can go wrong: Lack of encouragement, getting bored with the idea, etc, etc.

Thanks, but I look mainly at the many people who are far better writers and just try to copy them.
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:05   Link #131
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
The only advice I feel qualified in giving (due to extensive personal experience) is this: Write several short fics and make em' good before you try to write a 200,000 word fic. Too many things can go wrong: Lack of encouragement, getting bored with the idea, etc, etc.

Thanks, but I look mainly at the many people who are far better writers and try to copy them.
Unfortunately while what you say on long fics are true, I'm a bit disenchanted with one shots because of a lack of many writers in really bringing it to a decent conclusion with the amount they have, though I do like reading a few occasionally. I guess I could try my hand at one though, just need to find a concept now

I try and mold myself with them, the most important thing is finding a style that best suits you
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:11   Link #132
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 27
Heh, you're one of the best around Cal, you're doing something right when you've got as high a review per chapter as you do (Think you've got the highest in fact).

The trick with long fics is generally you have to learn how to motivate your audience, a motivated audience helps motivate the writer to want to continue.
That's probably my biggest strength, I motivate the audience to want to review and want to continue reading.
__________________
^_^~Tis has been a message from your unfriendly neighborhood LunaticChaos~^_^
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:13   Link #133
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
The only advice I feel qualified in giving (due to extensive personal experience) is this: Write several short fics and make em' good before you try to write a 200,000 word fic. Too many things can go wrong: Lack of encouragement, getting bored with the idea, etc, etc.

Thanks, but I look mainly at the many people who are far better writers and just try to copy them.
I tried to write one-shots before I wrote A Friend Indeed Cal but I got bored with it and just skipped to writing a long one. Mostly because I was just plain bored with trying to write one-shots.

I have to admit though I can't write comedy very well. Mostly because all the jokes I would use are stuff from other series I watch, mostly crime shows or action ones, so the humor would be dry, not to mention ripped off. Hence I stick to action, though I would like to write something like a drama/angst fic, since hey lets face it, Geass is very angsty at times.

And Krimzon a PM sounds great. Like I said I had an idea for one but its pretty far-out.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:19   Link #134
Cal-Reflector
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post
I tried to write one-shots before I wrote A Friend Indeed Cal but I got bored with it and just skipped to writing a long one. Mostly because I was just plain bored with trying to write one-shots.

I have to admit though I can't write comedy very well. Mostly because all the jokes I would use are stuff from other series I watch, mostly crime shows or action ones, so the humor would be dry, not to mention ripped off. Hence I stick to action, though I would like to write something like a drama/angst fic, since hey lets face it, Geass is very angsty at times.

And Krimzon a PM sounds great. Like I said I had an idea for one but its pretty far-out.
One shots or short stories. My best writing has been for two short stories each with five chapters, 20000 words or so. Best of both worlds.

I think crack humor is easiest to write, but that just may be me. I think its easiest to make readers laugh than make them feel other emotions. Suspense and genuine anger and sadness are harder responses to provoke in my opinion.

Edit: LunaticChaos: Thanks, I just take a long time to update that's all.
__________________
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:30   Link #135
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 27
You edit your chapters pretty heavily don't you? My update speed is something people like, but I really only get away with that speed because I don't edit my chapters (that certainly does help me in writing speed and getting it decent the first time though, you have no idea how many times that's helped me in college).

And you're right, those emotions are harder to invoke. It's a matter of finding what your audience responds to. The longer your fic is the more chances you'll get to do so and get better at doing so.
However besides laughter, its also easy to invoke "Holy...that's so bloody cool!" response, you just need a little style for it, like you need a sense of humor to make people laugh.
__________________
^_^~Tis has been a message from your unfriendly neighborhood LunaticChaos~^_^
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:31   Link #136
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticChaos View Post
Heh, you're one of the best around Cal, you're doing something right when you've got as high a review per chapter as you do (Think you've got the highest in fact).

The trick with long fics is generally you have to learn how to motivate your audience, a motivated audience helps motivate the writer to want to continue.
That's probably my biggest strength, I motivate the audience to want to review and want to continue reading.
I never actually counted reviews as a motivator. For me its a tool to give tips and gripes on my writing, which never seems to happen often. Mostly I don't write for response at all, in fact the only reason I actually started writing seriously is because my friend Overhaul said he liked the idea for my story and wanted to see it on paper. At first I wasn't to sure about it but as I bounced ideas off more and more I started to want to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
One shots or short stories. My best writing has been for two short stories each with five chapters, 20000 words or so. Best of both worlds.

I think crack humor is easiest to write, but that just may be me. I think its easiest to make readers laugh than make them feel other emotions. Suspense and genuine anger and sadness are harder responses to provoke in my opinion.

Edit: LunaticChaos: Thanks, I just take a long time to update that's all.
Well you are closer to the roots of Code Geass than most actually Cal. CG was suppose to be a story about super-heroes before the time slot changed. I think it just depends on who you are really and your tastes. I never spent to much time around comedy as a child, for the most part I watched things like Zoro and Star Wars as such I am more action and plot oriented
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:36   Link #137
LunaticChaos
Chaotic Lunatic
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Age: 27
Heh, I like reviews, the numbers make me happy because I see them and think "Hey, I'm doing something right." Knowing you're doing something right is all the motivation a lot of people need to keep doing that something.

And hell, when you're getting reviews you are also gathering information, learning what your audience likes and doesn't like, learning if you're doing enough alluding to a future plot point, learning if your villain is evil enough, learning if your characters are in character. It's why I work to motivate my readers to review, the more who review the more I'll learn.
__________________
^_^~Tis has been a message from your unfriendly neighborhood LunaticChaos~^_^
LunaticChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 01:40   Link #138
Masterkeyes2
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rockford, IL.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Yes if thats what you are getting. Like I said the reviews with input are far and few between. Hence why I went asked several authors I knew for advice.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 10:15   Link #139
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Hey all,

It's youngde again. Just wanted to let everyone know that I wrote a new fic a few days ago and posted it on fanfiction.net. It's called "The End of Geass." It's basically a post-series scenario that focuses on Kallen, but also Lelouch, Suzaku and C.C. I can't really say much more without ruining the plot.

Anyway, if you enjoyed my last fic, "Memories of the Rebellion," go ahead and check it out. Here's a link:


http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4448028/1/The_End_of_Geass

I would really appreciate feedback. So please read & review.

Thanks alot,

This is youngde, signing off.

Last edited by youngde; 2008-08-08 at 10:18. Reason: wrong link
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 20:52   Link #140
meijiOrO
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Check out these stories:

370 Days In a Year
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4391965/1/

There Is No Redemption
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4442120/...s_no_redemtion

A Measure of Sincerity
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4301624/1/

Create the Day
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3858050/1/

What If
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3876974/1/

realms of fic's House of Mirrors story
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1211653/

In the Beginning, There is A Promise
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4334243/...e_Is_A_Promise

See You Again
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4324228/1/see_you_again

Until Next Time
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4239543/1/Until_Next_Time


Alot of these are one-shots but I find that they are very good.
meijiOrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character, discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.