AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-11-28, 10:22   Link #1
Iromaru

FFDShow optimal configuration

Over the time I tried practicaly every option in ffdshow and noticed that while they mostly do improve video's quality every single one of them has drawbacks too. I tried countless configurations (either my own or from the net) but I wasn't really satisfied with any of them. Currently I'm using only postprocesing (mplayer with accurate deblocking).
Would anyone have advices for me? Which options should I use for divx, xvid and H.264 playback? Also which options (or configurations) are you guys and girls using? I would really appreciate some advices.
Thanks in advance.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 11:07   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

The options you should use should be equivalent to the source that you've got.

For noisy encodes I use mplayer with Accurate deblocking, for sharpening (haven't played with it as much as with the rest) I usually use swscaler, and for encodes with banding DeBand.

Usually when something is really bad I first sharpen it and then postprocess. Generally it seems to give pretty good results with not that many drawbacks.
Old 2007-11-28, 14:55   Link #3
Iromaru

Generely I did the same before, but I got tired of changing settings for different videos and started searching for a configuration that would play everything quite well. So I was wondering if somebody found such a golden configuration?

BTW I found that while deband improve the overall quality it tends to create ghostly aureolas in places where colors contrast with each other (like white on a black background). Is there a option that removes those aureolas? I tried almost everything but couldn't get rid of it.
Iromaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 04:15   Link #4
Jyukai.
~In a Music Box~

Send a message via MSN to Jyukai.
I don't have much experience with this, but I've tried tweaking the settings before. Isn't it similar to something like, the Winamp Equalizer? Different settings seem "golden" for different people.
Jyukai. is offline   Reply With Quote