AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-12-17, 16:37   Link #41
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The first PC we owned was a Tandy (the parent of Radio Shack) clone of the IBM PC/XT with a (gasp!) 10 MB hard disk drive. It cost us about $3,000 in 1985 or so. The IBM was about $1,000 more money as I recall. Before that I used a dual-floppy IBM PC on rental; one 360 KB 5 1/4" drive for the program (e.g, Lotus 1-2-3) and one for data.

My first computing experiences were with IBM 7090, and later S/360, mainframes. For someone whose typing is as erratic as mine, punch cards required horrible amounts of effort. No backspace key on a keypunch machine! I first took a computing class in 1968. We were writing programs in FORTRAN on punch cards. You'd submit the program and come back in three hours to see how things worked out. Nothing like waiting three hours to discover you made a syntax error on some line in the program, fixing the problem, then waiting another three hours to know if there were any other errors left to fix. Terminal-based time-shared systems were just starting to be introduced at the time.
Old 2007-12-21, 02:26   Link #42
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I just had to laugh at this review, but I think it kinda fits the topic

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/12...through_phone/