AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-11-29, 23:25   Link #1
Tran225

Popup problem

Anyone know how to get rid of this pop up?

I started getting this when my friend lend me the service pack 2 xp pro cd to install some language for my computer
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 03:00   Link #2
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran225 View Post
Anyone know how to get rid of this pop up?

I started getting this when my friend lend me the service pack 2 xp pro cd to install some language for my computer
It looks like you're running Windows Vista - you were able to install a language pack from a Windows XP CD?

I doubt that's the source of the problem, just curious. As to how to fix it, have you tried just clicking OK? If it didn't fix it, and if you have your Office CD, go ahead and stick it in. Office probably wants to install some language features to match what language you installed. If you don't have the CD or don't care for it, go through your Office preferences and look for anything unusual that may need to be disabled - check the language area (toy with the menus to find it; if you absolutely can't find it, I can give instructions from Office 2003 that should apply to Office XP as well).
Old 2007-11-30, 07:22   Link #3
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix Send a message via Skype™ to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It looks like you're running Windows Vista - you were able to install a language pack from a Windows XP CD?
It's not vista it is XP with a alienware (if I got that right) skin.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 08:43   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

MS Office installations have a large number of components, not all of which are installed by default. When you start a task that requires a missing component, Office prompts you to install the CD so it can retrieve the needed components.

If you don't have the CD, but do have the Office image on your harddrive, it might be possible to point the Office installer at that location instead.
Old 2007-12-01, 12:02   Link #5
Jyukai.
~In a Music Box~

Send a message via MSN to Jyukai.
Does it pop up periodically? Or when you access a/some particular application/s?
Jyukai. is offline   Reply With Quote