AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-14, 08:41   Link #461
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

Yes, but... at least in the game he seemed very lonely, most of the time. The anime doesn't really paint him that way all that much.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 08:52   Link #462
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I actually agree with BetoJR, he seems quite lonely here in the anime.
To be honest with you folks, I wouldn't object if the studio implements an anime only female character just for Arthur. Giving him one of Arawn's Haremette-s... would be a bit too much liberty though, IMHO. (It would be a bit faithless to the source-games).
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 08:55   Link #463
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Once Arawn burned that seal skin I just KNEW it was going to belong to Llyr. It was... inevitable.
I was a little surprised that Arawn burnt the seal skin, to be honest. I thought he should have been able to make the connection. I did.

A fairy being comes up from the ocean.
An intact but seemingly uninjured seal skin is found behind a rock on the beach. (Just the skin, mind you, not a whole carcass.)
1 + 1 = selkie.

Arawn, being a magical being himself, with his fairly extensive knowledge of the fae... if I could do the math, why didn't he?

On the other hand, watching Arawn's reaction to the realization of what he'd done and then trying to figure out a way to tell Llyr were great to watch. So maybe it's just as well he did burn the skin.

On the other other hand, burning Llyr's seal skin meant she joined Arawn's harem. Llyr is by far my least favorite of the wives at this point, so maybe it would have been better if he hadn't burned the skin. (Yes, I have 3 hands. Doesn't everyone?)

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 08:57   Link #464
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I actually agree with BetoJR, he seems quite lonely here in the anime.
To be honest with you folks, I wouldn't object if the studio implements an anime only female character just for Arthur. Giving him one of Arawn's Haremette-s... would be a bit too much liberty though, IMHO. (It would be a bit faithless to the source-games).
You're saying giving Arthur one of Arawn's wife's isn't being faithful to the source material, though adding a new character is?

I don't see Arthur as being lonely in the anime, maybe in the game though i haven't played it so i wouldn't know. His main focus is set on the obvious, and nothing to do with being with a partner. I guess people saying he's lonely is what they want to think of him seeing as though Arawn's harem just keeps on increasing, and we're not hearing Arthur's personally opinion on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I was a little surprised that Arawn burnt the seal skin, to be honest. I thought he should have been able to make the connection. I did.
Give him a break, it was a lot more obvious to we people who were watching.
Old 2009-05-14, 09:08   Link #465
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see Arthur as being lonely in the anime, maybe in the game though i haven't played it so i wouldn't know. His main focus is set on the obvious, and nothing to do with being with a partner. I guess people saying he's lonely is what they want to think of him seeing as though Arawn's harem just keeps on increasing, and we're not hearing Arthur's personally opinion on that.
I agree. Arthur doesn't appear to care about bagging a woman in the slightest, and he's gotten over his sister being engaged to Arawn. There is no sign of him feeling frustrated, angry, or jealous over being single. For me, it's not about how the character feels and more about what the audience wants; I want to see him with someone.

So the general sentiment of "poor, Arthur" is a reflection of the viewer's desire, not the characters.

@ LKK: I'd go see a doctor about that extra hand FAST.
sikvod00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:24   Link #466
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Whoa! I'm glad i'm not the only one who's wishing for Arthur to get a girl especially with some of you hoping it's going to be with Octavia!
My Opinion: Honorable Action Guy + Honorable Action Girl = Perfect Match & Battle couple!!!
I still hoping the anime changes a little from the game makes it's happen! (I still hoping everyday)

Spoiler for Another note:
Old 2009-05-14, 09:30   Link #467
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

@Shiroth. Well, I'd regard it more faithful than "changing" the story by hooking him up with one of the haremettes. Maybe it's just me who thinks so.
@LKK. My guess is, that the selkie habits and rituals evolved throughout the time Arawn was in his coffin. Even in the game he seemed like someone who doesn't know much about the "water elfs" (as they were called there), and Ogam gave him a bit more lengthier explanation about them.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 09:36   Link #468
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
@LKK. My guess is, that the selkie habits and rituals evolved throughout the time Arawn was in his coffin. Even in the game he seemed like someone who doesn't know much about the "water elfs" (as they were called there), and Ogam gave him a bit more lengthier explanation about them.
Ah! That's a good theory. I can accept that as a reason for his ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
@ LKK: I'd go see a doctor about that extra hand FAST.
Are you saying three hands aren't the norm?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 11:20   Link #469
sinner0

So...since Llyr has appear, will Arwan's backside suffer because of the three hole?
(anyone who played the game will get I mean)

Spoiler for Hint:
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 14:03   Link #470
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You guys got it all wrong.
The problem arises because you're looking at Arthur as a male lead along with Arawn.

If you think of him as one of the girls, and consider him a wife, it all works out perfectly!
See, he's already part of the harem.
Besides, that's how it felt like in the original game to me anyways.
Old 2009-05-14, 14:10   Link #471
xizro345
King's Justice

Arthur and Arawn are sharing the main spot, as in the PS3 game. As for Llyr, all the scenes in the early part of the episode were present in the game, the only noticeable difference being Arawn present. I also really liked the episode 6 action scenes, very quick and good animated.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 14:18   Link #472
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Spoiler for Octavia PC Game:
Old 2009-05-14, 14:18   Link #473
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

For christ's sakes, every humor I attempt goes right swooosh over your head doesn't it xizro?
Old 2009-05-14, 14:22   Link #474
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
For christ's sakes, every humor I attempt goes right swooosh over your head doesn't it xizro?
I wasn't actually replying to you 8P I tend to leave general replies for everyone since explaining in detail would go against the spoiler rules. I found a lot of direct references to the PS3 game (one background in episode 6 is exactly the same as in the game for example), and I'd like to tease about future developments but I can't 8P
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 14:41   Link #475
Wargumm1i
Jinchuuriki

Quote:
You guys got it all wrong.
The problem arises because you're looking at Arthur as a male lead along with Arawn.

If you think of him as one of the girls, and consider him a wife, it all works out perfectly!
See, he's already part of the harem.
Besides, that's how it felt like in the original game to me anyways.
Thats actually quite accurate if you ask me lol, also this may suprise everyone but Arawn is more interested in Arthur atm than any of the girls. Why? because Arthur is the direct descendant of the Elf King Pwyll, and resembles him in his appearance as well.

[snip]

Though his Arawn interest in Arthur may not be romantic, it is still alot more than anything the girls have gotten lol.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-05-14 at 17:59. Reason: No spoilers!
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 17:23   Link #476
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Crap...
Man have I been fooled into thinking so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Spoiler for Octavia PC Game:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
*Worse nightmare* D:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 17:34   Link #477
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
*Worse nightmare* D:
I'm actually looking forward to it happening. She'll keep her honor, plus it'll be fun to see her interact with the rest of the gang.
Old 2009-05-14, 18:12   Link #478
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Ok apparently people seem to forget this is an anime only discussion thread. As stated in our policy...
Quote:
A spoiler is anything that discloses an event, character, plot or other information before it is revealed within the specific work being discussed. Any post containing spoilers may be deleted in its entirety and an infraction will be issued to the poster. Repeated violations of this rule will lead to a ban.
This means ANY character info or game info that has been not shown in the episode or the preview will be deleted. If you want to talk about the game do it in the game thread, spoilers there are fine.

Not everyone (including me) has played this game and I really dont want to be spoiled anymore...
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 19:22   Link #479
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

i can definitely see Octavia aiding Arwan in battle with her talent! Can't wailt till she joins the harem. I immidiately like her when she spoken her first sentence.
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 22:55   Link #480
Mangaka-chan
Lab Monkey

I'm surprised by how well they've managed to keep the battles really well animated and the characters, for the most part, looking very consistent. This being a 26 episode series and everything, usually by this time the animation is starting to dip or at least show signs of wearing a little thin. But so far the studio has done a good job with handling and balancing all the productions stuff. I'm impressed.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox