AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-08, 07:54   Link #141
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sigh...it makes me wonder when will shina dark(another dark lord theme anime) gets animated

since this one is well of in the tv

but still dang what a freaking cliff hanger i mean i was reading the opening plot then then it is not shown in the 1st ep.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-04-08 at 08:09.
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:29   Link #142
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
but still dang what a freaking cliff hanger i mean i was reading the opening plot then then it is not shown in the 1st ep.
Yeah, while I'm not sure about the PS3 Version, which I heard had a much better story. The PC versions prologue was extremely just as long winded, but the anime version (maybe the PS3 also) had more impact especially concerning Arthur. Fortunately it picks up fast and develops a strong story for what it is (a mesh of legends, myths, and beliefs incorporated into a story).
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:31   Link #143
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
*in my horrible imitation of John Stewart doing the whispering*

*psst* he's not the protagonist, the cooler dude is.
I tried to imagine that.
I figured they'd be like dual protagonists or something, but I see.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:35   Link #144
MafiaSoldier
Member of the Anime Mafia

I just finished the first episode and honestly, it felt like it went by in 5 minutes! The story took me deep and when the main villain almost put his swords to the children I thought he was really going to kill them once I saw that Aurther was still out in the woods and away from his sister and all that was going on, friggen epic. The ending was awesome too, a total cliffhanger and it has me screaming for episode #2, which of course cannot come fast enough!!! I like the artwork and the animation in this series based on the first episode, it is right up my alley, the storytelling was great too. If you have not seen this then I suggest you hunt it down and see for yourself and I DARE you not to be itching for episode 2 to see what happens.
MafiaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:46   Link #145
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

If I had to sum up my impression after the first episode I would say I am "curious, but a bit concerned". The character designs seem nice and there's just enough exposition to whet your appetite, but it really felt unnecessarily stretched out. Did they really need to take the first half of the episode to prove what a sadistic bastard High Priest I'd-Like-To-Buy-A-Vowel is? The summoning sequence also felt pretty dragged out, in a "this planet will blow up in five minutes" way.

I will be watching at least a little more, but this series has taken a step towards being dropped for me. Hopefully things pick up a little bit more in the next episode.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 09:49   Link #146
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question:

why isnt this tagged as gorry or something cuz from episode one's blood bath it is really bloody
Old 2009-04-08, 10:12   Link #147
MafiaSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
If I had to sum up my impression after the first episode I would say I am "curious, but a bit concerned". The character designs seem nice and there's just enough exposition to whet your appetite, but it really felt unnecessarily stretched out. Did they really need to take the first half of the episode to prove what a sadistic bastard High Priest I'd-Like-To-Buy-A-Vowel is? The summoning sequence also felt pretty dragged out, in a "this planet will blow up in five minutes" way.

I will be watching at least a little more, but this series has taken a step towards being dropped for me. Hopefully things pick up a little bit more in the next episode.
Wow, our views on the series based off of the first episode differ completely, but thats okay because not everyone has the same tastes. The show "whetted my appetite" perfectly and I have been waiting for an anime like this for quite some time, I hope it stays as good as the first episode was. I also hope that eventually they will dub it and sell it in the United States on DVD, but that may be too much to ask at this point, lol.
Old 2009-04-08, 10:16   Link #148
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
*in my horrible imitation of John Stewart doing the whispering*

*psst* he's not the protagonist, the cooler dude is.
It's not as cookie cutter as it may seems though. I don't know how it goes in the PC version, but Arthur is FAR from being a secondary character in the PS3 version.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:21   Link #149
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question:

why isnt this tagged as gorry or something cuz from episode one's blood bath it is really bloody
You haven't seen anything yet... Kurozuka, Elfen Lied, Mnemosyne, Baccano and Shigurui... Stay away if you don't like blood.

This was not that bad, for 15 years old and above at the worst.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:23   Link #150
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MafiaSoldier View Post
Wow, our views on the series based off of the first episode differ completely, but thats okay because not everyone has the same tastes. The show "whetted my appetite" perfectly and I have been waiting for an anime like this for quite some time, I hope it stays as good as the first episode was. I also hope that eventually they will dub it and sell it in the United States on DVD, but that may be too much to ask at this point, lol.
It wasn't a bad first episode by any means, it just could have been a lot better had it been a bit more concise. If anything this felt more like a prequel episode than a first episode since the series' protagonist only actually appeared at the end.

And I think it's way too early to be thinking about licensing for this or any other Spring show with maybe the exception of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:36   Link #151
MafiaSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
It wasn't a bad first episode by any means, it just could have been a lot better had it been a bit more concise. If anything this felt more like a prequel episode than a first episode since the series' protagonist only actually appeared at the end.

And I think it's way too early to be thinking about licensing for this or any other Spring show with maybe the exception of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
Oh I agree, it is way to early for licensing this series, but if it keeps up the quality and keeps peeking my interest then I definatly would love to see it happen and have a boxed set to add to my anime collection. It's just something that time will have to decide. And like I said, I found the episode to be compelling and extreamly enjoyable, but I can see your side of it too and I respect that, but for me, this series has the oppertunity to climb my charts and become very important to me if this kind of quality keeps up.
Old 2009-04-08, 10:46   Link #152
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
You haven't seen anything yet... Kurozuka, Elfen Lied, Mnemosyne, Baccano and Shigurui... Stay away if you don't like blood.

This was not that bad, for 15 years old and above at the worst.
ok...i will take your advice and not watch em until i reach 21

it is just that i really hate to gorry anime i dunno where it all started but stil hate it

except

the blood spurting in the nose that i came to like >_<
Old 2009-04-08, 11:24   Link #153
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I tried to imagine that.
I figured they'd be like dual protagonists or something, but I see.
I know you can't trust them too much, but got a feeling from the OP it would go the dual route. There should be enough room for a couple leads. At any rate I'm curious to see where the series ends up going.
Old 2009-04-08, 13:19   Link #154
reverse

the story sure is slow
26 ep (it would better if it was less than that)

game to anime
there a lot of
1. unnecessary filler, it make the story progress slow (if the filler is funny I'm cool with that ) but most filler are just there to capture the character emotion ( it a nice idea but it start to get annoying after awhile )

2. fight sequence ( just make a couple awesome fight is enough )
reverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 14:09   Link #155
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Blue-haired girl catches my attention.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 15:17   Link #156
ThoHell

besides the excessive talking the 1st episode was rather good. Wonder if this will get better of just fall apart soon? Next episode will tell I guess.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:32   Link #157
patnam

love to watch this series, but i ned to play its game first, because i would lke to know what this story about...
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 16:36   Link #158
xizro345
King's Justice

You can play the PC version I guess, but this follows the PS3 version, which will never be translated.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 17:19   Link #159
Xellos-_^
Valentine's Day with Wife

hope they get to the Octivia part soon, the game part was hilarious
Old 2009-04-08, 18:22   Link #160
Nosauz

I knew the ps3 version was different but man the character designs just seem awkward to me. As a person who played through the pc version, I just find Ogam, and Drwc so different and un characteristic. Oh well hopefully I can get accustomed before I go insane, but I swear some of the characters in the pc version were aces, especially moragan(i mean pretty much a kinky ranka with jugs)... sigh
Spoiler for pc game differnecs.:
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox