AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-08, 04:53   Link #21
gh0stmice
*Artist

first off...im not elgant with words so my explanation might be jumbled....second i said i liked it and i thought it was amazing, are you questioning my sincerity???.....curious...

i like that it portraited- life and death seen in a perspective of a natural killer,,,the innocents of these child like creatures and thier non-objective view point on taking a persons life...

i liked the characters..."miss lucy" and her nastalgic connection with that song boxes melody...

i cant remember his name but number 35's dad- i liked how he was dissattached from reality and had removed all sense of moral decency and understanding when it was time to kill off another child, much like what most people have to do when they are confronted with situations like his day to day(like in somolia and darfur)....he was a shell of a person he once was...a strong character in the series...a man who lost himself in his journey...much like the tragedys that encompass most of the world..."of course not america...but 3rd world areas)unheard of acts of mislead morals and even insanity...people are being slughtered everyday mercilessly (Rowanda)

...makes you ask yourself...what is "true tragedy"...is tragedy what you see on t.v. or something that can happen to you...or is true tragedy able to be a fictional...even being fictional this story hits hard in a way i really didn't think "anime" could do...i was never in to anime as a kid...i always thought that it was for the loser kids destined to blow up schools...or for kids that degraded themselves by strapping those goody naruto bandanas all over there bodies...i never thought the story of a short 13 ep anime could be so indepth...

ive never had to"fear for my life" or a life of another...seeing so much almost gratuitous amount was an expirience in its self..

and anytime you see some one with delusions of grandeur and a "god complex" it always stirrs up some uneasy emotions....

i grade "art" and "movies" and anyrthing else along those lines by how much feeling...if a show can make me feel so strongly as this one did...i give it my approval

i could seriously go on forever but i might have to cut myself off right here.....

i could care less about blood and gore...to be frank ive always been kinda a sissy when it comes to that(i cant make it throu one episode of "dr.90210" without cringing)...

btw......what does "fake post" mean...and how does my thread emote the qualitries of a "fake post"??
Old 2007-12-08, 05:24   Link #22
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
To be clear, blood and gore did play an important role in Elfen Lied, because it best emphasizes the themes and motifs that the director wants you to get.
Old 2007-12-08, 05:43   Link #23
gh0stmice
*Artist

totally agree....but i dont believe that is what made it the deep story that it was...the blood and gore was meerly there to support the the serious mood and theme of the characters and their own individual stories...also to support the serious mood of the story itself...im no critic...but blood and gore was a neccisary evil to make this series float...its was well balanced ....and in good taste...not super over board, that would make this anime a novelty and a parody...but because of its good taste it might go down as an "underground anime cult classic" like akira...(at least in my book)

i was just defending myself from the accusation that " i only like it becuase of blood and guts...and that i am an idiot for that"

haha this suggestion thread quickly turned to a general chat for "elfen lied"....funny...but im not complaining...
Old 2007-12-08, 09:48   Link #24
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Hmm I think foreverdissevered's question was quite... well why did he ask it!? I think you made it quite clear in your first post. You'd have to be an idiot to NOT see what you loved about it...
Old 2007-12-08, 18:25   Link #25
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
what did u like about elfen lied and its "brilliance". Pleaes dont say blood and gore. Blood and gore isnt brilliance, infact, blood and gore are for those of idiocy, lusting for blood with no moral or logic.
not trying to bash elfen lied since i loved the anime and its shadowed meanings, but what do you think is so good about it?
if someone did like Elfen Lied for "Blood and gore isnt brilliance, infact, blood and gore are for those of idiocy, lusting for blood with no moral or logic", I dont see a problem

enjoy anime how ever way you want

actually i wouldnt mind if this series got a bigger fan base because some people only enjoy it for the gore, more fans would be awesome

the gore was a plus for me, Elfen Lied wouldnt be what it is without it
Old 2007-12-09, 02:12   Link #26
Enelass

Quote:
crazy ending: School Days (the ending is more shocking than Elfen Lied)
yes School Days had a crazy ending... yes Elfen Lied had a crazy ending (which i loved btw) but i think Canvas 2's ending tops both of them. At least if you want unexpected.
Old 2007-12-09, 02:36   Link #27
gh0stmice
*Artist

well kinda unexpected is what im looking for...but mostly a show that is as captivating as elfen lied was ...im poundin throu "death note" and i have to say im pleased...

id be more pleased with Hanbun No Tsuki ga Noboru Sora if the damn subs didnt show for a split second and i could actually read them...especially when it comes to those darn one word responses....their sooo quick...and im not prepared..they flash on then off within a 1/4th second...grrr!!!

its almost like "meancholy of suzamiya" where conversations and narraration were having to be read simutaneously...its not that i read slow...but trying to keep up with someones conversation and boom narration pops on also...and then on top of that you have the occasional "translator's insert for defining japanese culture"...like "Bon festival- festival taken place near july blah blah blah"....thank god for pause buttons...

melonchly of h. suzamiya is just one of those animes better off dubbed...(never tought id say that)

wow that was completely off topic...

but yes ill check out school days...i thought it was like harem or something...i never really got into school animes...(thou i do love some of them *ie*-meloncholy of h. suzamiya)

thanks for your input
Old 2007-12-09, 07:06   Link #28
Thingle
Banned

Shigurui. Don't ask, Just get.
Old 2007-12-09, 18:07   Link #29
Trail

I'd second: Higurashi, Death Note, Monster.

I would also recommend Mononoke, Ergo Proxy, maybe something like Planetes or Mind Game. ALso Bartender, Mushishi if you are in the right mood.
Old 2007-12-09, 18:52   Link #30
Reno

I wouldn't recommend Monster if you want something like Elfen Lied.... :\ Has more drama than emotion I think.
Old 2007-12-11, 06:23   Link #31
gh0stmice
*Artist

ooohhh nooo my poor thread is dieng...its already on page 2...noo nooo noo
Old 2007-12-11, 07:52   Link #32
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
...its already on page 2...noo nooo noo
Huh....? Isn't that a good thing?
Old 2008-01-09, 15:27   Link #33
Sodagod
Nightcrawler
*Artist

Send a message via Skype™ to Sodagod
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post

actually i wouldnt mind if this series got a bigger fan base because some people only enjoy it for the gore, more fans would be awesome

the gore was a plus for me, Elfen Lied wouldnt be what it is without it
The gore is not that big a plus, it just adds to the story. As well as the nudity.
But those are not the reasons one should watch this anime. If you wish to see blood and body parts flying all over the screen, go find some random violence clips on the net, there are plenty. The idea is what really matters.

Btw, is it just me or does Ester Blanchett from Trinity Blood look the same as Lucy?
Old 2008-01-10, 16:50   Link #34
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

berserk, neon genesis evangelion and gantz
Closed Thread