AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-07, 22:36   Link #1
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Which of these...

So I finished watching Noein and now I'm looking for something new. I compiled a list of series that looked interesting for whatever reasons over the last couple of weeks and I want to find out which I should be watching first. Normally I'd figure it out myself, but I'm getting sick and don't feel like it. So the list is...

Bokura ga ita
kemonozume
night head genesis
baccano
minami-ke
Moetan
seto no hanayome
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
mushi-shi
kaiba
kure-nai
spice & wolf

I'd prefer something light hearted but I mainly just care if it has good characters. And I'm not sure about Moetan. It looks a bit over the top with the loli but someone said it was good despite that.
Old 2009-04-07, 22:47   Link #2
Echoes

I've not seen a fair share of the animes listed, but if you're looking for something lighthearted with good characters, Minami-ke is an excellent choice. The third season recently finished, so there's a lot of episodes to enjoy, and the show is very heartwarming and entertaining. (The second season is far inferior to the first and third, though.)

Of the other series you've got listed, none of the ones I've seen are lighthearted, but Spice and Wolf certainly has great characters, as does Kure-nai. Gurren Lagann will get praise from just about everyone except me, so you might want to look into that as well.

Moetan is *really* hit or miss, it's indeed over the top and just insane at times, but that's of course the charm of it as well, it's a sort of parody on many things anime. I really liked it, but your mileage may vary.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:00   Link #3
Shadow Kira01

Try Seto no Hanayome, its similar to Kannagi..

Or maybe, you want to watch Spice and Wolf which features the same main seiyuu as Code Geass, Fukuyama Jun and Koshimizu Ami.

I guess I am not so sure what you mean by light-hearted when you have some horror animes on your list. If you are looking for something kinda of like Natsume Yuujinchou, try watching Mushishi.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:29   Link #4
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Its kinda hard to recommend which ones you should watch first, because I just want to list my favorites from the list you gave. Ones you should watch before the others are Minami-ke, Spice and Wolf, Baccano!, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Minami-ke as mentioned is light hearted, slice of life comedy series, so if that's what your looking for, that should be first. Seto no Hanayome is also a light hearted romance comedy.
Old 2009-04-07, 23:32   Link #5
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Quote:
I guess I am not so sure what you mean by light-hearted when you have some horror animes on your list
I just would add a show to the list after I saw something about it that looked appealing. I've forgotten what most of the shows are about. That's why I'm asking for opinions.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give Minami-ke a try first and then Spice & Wolf sense I've been hearing good things about it.
Old 2009-04-08, 05:30   Link #6
Zippicus

After looking at your list there, I'd suggest just watching all of them

I can't comment on Kemonozume or Night Head Genesis since I haven't seen either of them but the rest of your list is all stuff that I liked.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:50   Link #7
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

So I finished s1 of Minami-ke. Gotta say, it was exactly what I was looking for. Short, light hearted, and good characters. They even found a way to make the wimpy boy who over-reacts to everything a good character. The only thing that didn't fit was the 'bible black' artwork. But that's not really a big deal. Was Minami-ke done by the same people who did Azumanga? It really had a similar feel.

I'll probably hold off on starting s2 'till later. Gonna start on Spice & Wolf.
Old 2009-04-12, 23:54   Link #8
wOoOzZy
Master Blaster

Spice and Wolf was good. Great example of a series where the characters are what make it interesting. Horo's definitely one of the better characters out there. Hope they release a second season in the future.

Went through 4 episodes of Seto no Hanayome but couldn't get into it. Not that it's a bad show (kinda reminds me of a more tame Excel Saga) but I wasn't feeling the characters.

Kure-nai up next...
Closed Thread