AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-03-27, 13:05   Link #4461
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Ok I haven't read any novels related to the Code Geass universe so my knowledge is limited only to the anime and from that I did not know the reason why she left him
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 13:10   Link #4462
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Ok I haven't read any novels related to the Code Geass universe so my knowledge is limited only to the anime and from that I did not know the reason why she left him
Well, it isn't exactly clear how canon the novels are. The only materials outside of the anime that can be said for sure to be canon are the sound episodes and picture books. Still, some of what is in the novels and other media fit what is known enough for them to be considered correct like the explanation about why she left Mao. Things like the sections on Marianne from the novels as well as the expanded World of C conversations also seem to fit with the show.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 13:55   Link #4463
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Are those in English?
Old 2008-03-27, 14:01   Link #4464
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Are those in English?
Not yet I'm afraid. I think they may be among the materials that Bandai licensed, so they may appear in English along with the manga.

For the record, some of the events in the novels never occured at all in the show and are somewhat out there like the vastly different interpretation of Suzaku's father.

On another note, what are the chances of this being akin to the next Ideon? At this rate it certainly isn't out of the question and would certainly be a change of pace for Taniguchi if he did such a scenario. He'd definately be remembered for that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by Dann of Thursday; 2008-03-27 at 15:53.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:57   Link #4465
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Ideon? What's that?
Old 2008-03-27, 17:00   Link #4466
KrimzonStriker

Damn, here I turn my back on this place for one second and Var's practically infected very crook and cranny. This is like try to squash a roach!! Don't make me have to post up all the previous results from the romance thread on here people!!
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 17:01   Link #4467
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Ideon? What's that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Runaway_Ideon

It was the Yoshiyuki Tomino series made directly after Mobile Suit Gundam. I don't know if you know a lot about Tomino's mental condition for the 80s and some of the 90s, but lets just say it showed in almost all of his anime.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:15   Link #4468
Aquaman OS

I doubt it. Endings like Ideon and Eva were made by directors that had serious depression and issues, or rage at the fanbase at the time.

Taniguchi seemes like a pretty happy guy without any issues. Note that both Tomino and Eva's director (forgot his name) seemed to really hate their respective franchises at the time. The Code Geass guys seem to enjoy their work.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 17:27   Link #4469
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I doubt it. Endings like Ideon and Eva were made by directors that had serious depression and issues, or rage at the fanbase at the time.

Taniguchi seemes like a pretty happy guy without any issues. Note that both Tomino and Eva's director (forgot his name) seemed to really hate their respective franchises at the time. The Code Geass guys seem to enjoy their work.
well...Taniguchi does have some issues (anal retentive...), but you're right, he's never really seemed to be depressed like Tomino and Anno used to be.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:31   Link #4470
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

lol I see I never liked NGE's ending it was too bad for me
Old 2008-03-27, 17:59   Link #4471
Aquaman OS

That's because Anno was mad that everyone(ie the loudest fans) took his story at face value and missed the entire point of it (thought Shinji was too wimpy, loved Rei, wanted a action filled and happy end) and was just venting his rage by killing everyone. Most of his depression came from his inability to deal with the crazed otaku crowd.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 18:11   Link #4472
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Damn, here I turn my back on this place for one second and Var's practically infected very crook and cranny. This is like try to squash a roach!! Don't make me have to post up all the previous results from the romance thread on here people!!
Dude calm, down there's no need to hate Var, your just having a debate with him in the other thread, there's no reason to ha him over that.
Old 2008-03-27, 18:19   Link #4473
KrimzonStriker

Bah, I simply find it funny that he manages to type up his responses so quickly that he has time to posts elsewhere while I'm still working on my own! Still, I think I'm starting to get an edge now in the other thread >_>
Old 2008-03-27, 20:39   Link #4474
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
That's because Anno was mad that everyone(ie the loudest fans) took his story at face value and missed the entire point of it (thought Shinji was too wimpy, loved Rei, wanted a action filled and happy end) and was just venting his rage by killing everyone. Most of his depression came from his inability to deal with the crazed otaku crowd.
The official f-you ending. First time I watched Evangelion I was simply left galling and laughing. I essentially considered the episode with the final angel to be the end till the movies came out.

I don't expect anything of the sort from CG, for plenty of reasons. One being, as mentioned, that the creator doesn't hate his work or the fan base. The other being that EVA was made to be messed up with its constant biblical references... and the Bible is a very twisted book.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 21:31   Link #4475
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Ideon? What's that?
Well, the others pretty much explained the whole thing. Something I found amusing was that even Tomino himself later questioned how he could come up with something so depressing.

Quote:
Okay, perhaps I went a little overboard earlier. No need to insult Var or anything though. I'm the one who took the words and came up with a bunch of insane conclusions (well, maybe not all insane).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well...Taniguchi does have some issues (anal retentive...), but you're right, he's never really seemed to be depressed like Tomino and Anno used to be.
Well, that quality isn't always a bad thing since ti wraps up most questions and develops the world his characters live in quite well. Taniguchi generally seems the hopeful type I guess. I wonder what would happen if he ever became like Anno or Tomino. His work can be depressing enough even when it has a good ending. I can barely imagine what a work by him in a depressed state of mind would be.

Isn't Code Geass the first work that was all from him (and Okouchi as well)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The official f-you ending. First time I watched Evangelion I was simply left galling and laughing. I essentially considered the episode with the final angel to be the end till the movies came out.

I don't expect anything of the sort from CG, for plenty of reasons. One being, as mentioned, that the creator doesn't hate his work or the fan base. The other being that EVA was made to be messed up with its constant biblical references... and the Bible is a very twisted book.
I like how they integrated all the hate mail Anno got into the movies at one point. I'm curious to see where these movies that are being made go since he could come up with a completely different ending now. Maybe it will be a bit more positive since I don't think he is quite as angry anymore. More people seem to understand his work at the very least and not take it at face value.

Let's hope that nothing happens to make Taniguchi hate his work or the fanbase. And some of the stuff that Taniguchi made little references to can be pretty screwed up at times though I am quite glad he decided not to use bible references.

Old 2008-03-27, 22:39   Link #4476
KrimzonStriker

Bah finally done with that post for today. What's new here?
Old 2008-03-27, 23:06   Link #4477
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Bah finally done with that post for today. What's new here?
How about the title of the first 4 episodes?
Turn 1 (4/6) 魔神 が 目覚める 日 (The Day the Fiend Awakens)
Turn 2 (4/13) 日本 独立 計画 (Japan Independance Plan)
Turn 3 (4/20) 囚われ の 学園 (The Imprisoned Academy )
Turn 4 (4/27) 逆襲 の 処刑台 (The Scaffold of Counterattack)

Source: Megami, April issue
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 23:10   Link #4478
KrimzonStriker

Ohh, things are going to go down in Ashford sooner then I thought
Old 2008-03-27, 23:29   Link #4479
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon

Wow... I can't believe I have caught up with anime to actually be anticipating them as it is released. I usually just ignore the anime for 1 or 2 years and come back to get the whole batch and watch it all at the same time. I happen to come across Code Geass and now I am utterly disappointed that I will, for the first time, wait for an episode each week. GAH!

If I known about a Season 2 this year... I would have put off the whole anime, and start from season 1 when 2009 comes along. O well..
Old 2008-03-27, 23:40   Link #4480
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
If I known about a Season 2 this year... I would have put off the whole anime, and start from season 1 when 2009 comes along. O well..
Too late, you're hooked!
Welcome to the community.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote