AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 11:12   Link #5441
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Nothing really new here though... (-_-)
Except they gave Urabe his own section. 0_o

Oh god, I really hope they don't end up killing him... ;_;
Old 2008-04-09, 11:43   Link #5442
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Except they gave Urabe his own section. 0_o

Oh god, I really hope they don't end up killing him... ;_;
I wouldn't be surprised if he died in Episode 2 to be honest. He could very well die defending Zero when that Vincent attacks them.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:52   Link #5443
KrimzonStriker

Hmm, how would you guys pronounce 3 Holy swords in Japanese?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 11:56   Link #5444
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I don't think they need that title anymore, its a title of the past. They are now working towards the future. To be perfectly honest, I see Urabe dieing as a way for them to reintroduce the others with even more vigor than before. It would also help them get over the betrayal they suffered as they'd have a bigger head to chop and Zero would enable them to that end.
Old 2008-04-09, 11:57   Link #5445
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
三聖剣, sanseiken. ;_;
Old 2008-04-09, 11:58   Link #5446
serenade_beta
マジ天使

As for Urabe getting his own section, I guess he got promoted from group shots after becoming more important in R2.
Don't kill him off yet.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-04-09 at 16:30. Reason: spelling...
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:27   Link #5447
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Did we get anything about the one member who was older than the others? It was said that he hasn't been seen since the battle, right?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 16:45   Link #5448
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Did we get anything about the one member who was older than the others? It was said that he hasn't been seen since the battle, right?
Senba's in the new opening at the end, wearing the Order's commander attire, so I think it's safe to say that he's alright.
Old 2008-04-09, 16:46   Link #5449
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wonder where he has been though. Maybe the section that went to get Lelouch was half of another one?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-09, 16:51   Link #5450
KrimzonStriker

Senba's probably with Diethard, as neither he nor Larkshata seem likely to be able to fend off Britannian attack by themselves while on the run >_>
Old 2008-04-09, 17:00   Link #5451
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That would be where I would expect him to be. From the looks of the opening, Larkshata looks like she has probably been very busy over the year though there is no telling when they will get the new models.

Old 2008-04-09, 23:07   Link #5452
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Some of the old "spoilers" for S2 that can be deleted from the "waiting to see" list.
I'm lazy so I'm just gonna check the first post of this thread. If there's any I miss please let me know.

By Taniguchi
- There'll be romantic developments for Lelouch in season 2; the writers deliberately kept them out of season 1 because they felt they needed to show what Lelouch's goals are without complicating matters (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- Season 2 will have battles after battles after battles... (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- V.V. is one of the many "key person"s in the show, along with the new Chinese character. (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- Lelouch will meet a lot of new people in Season 2; how he deals with them and gets them on his side will be something worth watching. Who knows, there might also be a betrayal... (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
- "The story has only just begun. I'm really sorry about that. (bitter laugh)" (PASH! Taniguchi interview)

These are okay. Note that the "betrayal" is a might. Which might and might not happen.

- Some of the things that happened in Season 1 will come back to haunt Lelouch in Season 2; "he needs to learn that life is one continuous series of events, and that everything is connected" (PASH! Taniguchi interview)
This is more likely to be talking about Ep24+25, when everything Lelouch did from Ep2-23 came back to bite him.
It was hinted many ways that Ep23 was the ending of season 1, while Ep24 was the beginning of season 2. But because of timeslot problems they had to squeeze the ending into 23 episodes (instead of 25) and air the beginning of next season as Ep24&25.
In this interview, Taniguchi also referred to Ep23 as the "ending" of season one, and the conclusion of lelouch's feelings. So what he meant by the "next scenario" is likely to be 24&25, rather than R2 as a whole.
BTW this is an old interview back in May, 2007. And the way they put it (both the questions and the answers), they are dividing the series as "before 23" and "after 23".

This interview has some insights on Lelouch and Suzaku too.

By Kawaguchi
- While most of the battles in Season 1 relied on Lelouch, season 2 will test the Black Knights' strength as a proper organization. Lelouch using his Geass for outrageous schemes will still be part of the show, however. (NewType)
- "I want Lelouch to continue leading a double life in season 2" (NewType)

These are okay.

- Not many characters will die from here on... but there will be a living hell waiting. (NewType)
- The "Live!" Geass on Suzaku is going to make him do something he really regrets, to the point of wanting to die for it, but obviously the Geass isn't going to let him do that (An old issue of NewType, pre-episodes 24+25)
- Not many characters will die from here on (Koshimizu's interview, from the Complete Guide Book; she talks about being relieved to hear it, but then realizes that "not many will die" also means "some will die".)

These are likely for Ep24&25 too.
Before Ep24&25, rumors were flowing everywhere that Taniguchi will do a massacre, killing 1)most of the Britannia side; or 2)most of the OotBK side; or 3)most of Britannia side plus 2-3 of OotBK side.
This interview was to calm the fans.
Many 2chers were guessing who is the "living hell" for. Combined with the "Suzaku might do something he deeply regret" spoiler, most have their bets on Suzaku.
It turned out to be for C.C., dying and reviving over and over under the water pressure under the sea.

As for spoilers from VAs... They may give hints (if they are allowed to) about the next couple of episodes, since they've already recorded it, but they won't know about the whole thing. They guess what will happen all the time, but Taniguchi doesn't tell. And they're afraid to bring their speculations to him in fear that he will change it.
In a radio show they mentioned that in the later stages of season one, the first thing the VAs do when they get the script is look over it and ask around, "did you survive this stage?" "Yes! I'm alive!" XD
So... I don't think Taniguchi will be nice enough to promise Koshimizu that he's not killing a lot of people in R2. Even so, it's a long way and he can change his mind anytime. I'll take this with a grain of salt.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 23:11   Link #5453
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Thanks for all that, it really cleared some things up. I guess that means they can kill as many people as they like in R2 then.

I wonder what happens for VA's when they find out they die. I bet they get somewhat upset. I wonder if Jeremiah's VA was happy they kept him on.

I know Kawaguchi can be misleading alot, but when can he ever be trusted with his comments?

Old 2008-04-09, 23:18   Link #5454
KrimzonStriker

Meh, its just subject to change, as is any process that hasn't been completed. They probably have in mind whose going to die and whose going to stay already panned out though.

Meh, there's still the rest of R2, so we'll see how long Orange-kun's happiness will last

I would expect the amount of truth in his comments will hold weight if it actually happens in the show
Old 2008-04-09, 23:27   Link #5455
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Thanks for all that, it really cleared some things up. I guess that means they can kill as many people as they like in R2 then.

I wonder what happens for VA's when they find out they die. I bet they get somewhat upset. I wonder if Jeremiah's VA was happy they kept him on.

I know Kawaguchi can be misleading alot, but when can he ever be trusted with his comments?
Maybe and maybe not. He might want to kill less people with names since Code Geass is moved to a more... family friendly timeslot.

I wonder if Jeremiah's VA was happy or unhappy to be kept in as comedy relief. They had a great time in recording room though.

Kawaguchi... I guess his reputation went down the drain after all those misleading hints like "who's in the Zero suit".
And there's another one... in Animage February he talked about Rollo, "all I can say is he's a "brother". You'll understand everything after watching Ep1. I can say no further. We've been geassed by the director."
Umm... Pardon me but what are we supposed to understand from the 1st episode?
I'm not sure how much we can trust him on future events. Maybe a little more on comments on what already happened.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:02   Link #5456
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
And there's another one... in Animage February he talked about Rollo, "all I can say is he's a "brother". You'll understand everything after watching Ep1. I can say no further. We've been geassed by the director."
I'm not sure how much we can trust him on future events. Maybe a little more on comments on what already happened.
Rollo could be the son of the Emperor, so... half brother with Lelouch.

And thanks for the infos :3
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:03   Link #5457
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Rollo could be the son of the Emperor, so... half brother with Lelouch.

And thanks for the infos :3
He'd be documented somewhere in the annals of records. An Emperor doesn't have a son that's never heard of, not one like this.
Old 2008-04-10, 00:04   Link #5458
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He'd be documented somewhere in the anals of records. An Emperor doesn't have a son that's never heard of, not one like this.
rofl .
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 00:06   Link #5459
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Maybe and maybe not. He might want to kill less people with names since Code Geass is moved to a more... family friendly timeslot.
They seem to be mostly toning down on the number of on-screen deaths, but not on showing bodies or directly implying murder, execution, and so forth. Such family friendliness...

Quote:
I wonder if Jeremiah's VA was happy or unhappy to be kept in as comedy relief. They had a great time in recording room though.
I have no idea...but that fun could probably balance out any "intellectual" misgivings he may have about the role or the character, or so I hope.

Quote:
Kawaguchi... I guess his reputation went down the drain after all those misleading hints like "who's in the Zero suit".
Oh, a lot of us fell for that one, I think...but we all knew Lelouch was going to be back as Zero, sooner or later. Someone else might still get to wear the suit briefly though, who knows...

Quote:
That he replaced Nunnally and that his "brother" has false memories...nothing more, really.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-10, 15:12   Link #5460
flou
That's no lady

Here's some new information that might interest you all. First off, the viewership rating for the first airing of Code Geass R2 episode 1 was 3.0%. Personally, I don't think this was as good as it could have been, but still for a series that isn't based off any prior source (i.e. manga, novel, etc.), that's still good. Plus, I'm sure those percentages will go up soon for a variety of reasons. Why you may ask? Well...:

Amazon.co.jp DVD Bestsellers List

#2. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 volume01 (Blu-Ray)
#3. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 volume02 (Blu-Ray)
#5. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 volume01 (Regular ver.)
#13. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion volume01 (Blu-Ray)
#14. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 volume02 (Regular ver.)
#18. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion volume02 (Blu-Ray)

Source: http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/dvd/

And none of these DVDs come out starting till the end of August and September (Note: the images on the pages for the R2 DVDs are just placeholders for the time being)

Also, the word of mouth, more advertisements, and the nichigo slot will definitely help.