AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-12-09, 17:04   Link #101
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
XD ooh dear...
if Suzaku was to become Zero then hewould have to be Shizo to say the least...
"What a twist!?"
And what would Lloyd think?
Old 2007-12-09, 17:06   Link #102
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
and i think we can exclude Kallen is being the new Zero.. does it look like Zero has any boobs in that picture... nah ah
LOL I never thought about that. Kallen can't be the new Zero. Case Closed

I hope whoever is Zero gets to use Geass.
Old 2007-12-09, 17:06   Link #103
Var
Banned

Quote:
XD ooh dear...
if Suzaku was to become Zero then hewould have to be Shizo to say the least...
"What a twist!?"
He's be pretty messed up if he did, lol. He would be taking the persona of the person who killed his love. Wacked plot twist more like it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 17:30   Link #104
kimchipride
Geass User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He's be pretty messed up if he did, lol. He would be taking the persona of the person who killed his love. Wacked plot twist more like it.
To us, it seems weird to take the persona of the person who killed Euphemia. However, the world does not know about the Geass so they think Euphemia truly made a trap to kill the Japanese. If Suzaku takes the role of Zero, he'll change the world based on his philosophy and the Euphemia incident would only make Zero seem like the good guy for killing Euphemia.
Old 2007-12-09, 18:43   Link #105
co128

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
Man almost every single anime with Good vs Bad good always win. Why wont they give the bad guys a change to win.

Man i wish the world was full of uncivilized people killing one another. (people might actually accept it as fun )
Umm... aren't you living in it?
co128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 18:48   Link #106
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by co128 View Post
Umm... aren't you living in it?
every one is but not big enough compared to a world war.
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 19:04   Link #107
co128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
1) No, he's obviously not. Note though, that I've never spoken of Lelouch as "the good guy", since there are none of those in this show, thank god. =)

2) Hmm... I thought his goal was to take down Britannia. No Britannia --> no Britannian royalty --> nothing to take advantage of.

3) Now that's really not true. If he was, Suzaku would be where he belongs. Below ground level, in a coffin.

Okay, maybe I wasn't paying attention during that part, but which episode is that from? Anyhow, does that give them the right to act like they do? I've never encountered anything as evil as Britannia. Not in history-books, and not in fiction. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks so though. Sure, some of the invaded countries might have done something terrible in advance that we don't know of, but I find it hard to believe that they all deserved this treatment.

Be that as it may, but I fail to see why that makes Lelouch just as bad for the world as that racist, raping, murdering superpower.

Hmm... I don't remember that discussion. Which episode are you referring to? Nevertheless, I don't see how Japans previous actions has anything to do with the Lelouch vs Britannia comparison. And of course it's really really wrong to oppress poorer countries through economic control, but I'm amazed that you only think that "it's probably not as bad as enslaving people" since I assume that you, like everyone else who have watched the show, knows just how Britannia rules the countries that was invaded and crushed. To me it's not even on the same map.
Issuing economic sactions could be just as bad as conquering the area. Both involve negative reinforcement which means that the poorer, weaker country needs to bend to the will of the one that imposes their politics or influence. Take the Hamas debacle in the middle east. The west doesn't want to support them, so they issue economic sanctions on the area which means everyone in that territory will suffer. This means that food, water, medicine, petrochemicals that make plastics or electronic equipment, become lessened according to the UN believe is right to pressure Hamas to be less anti-west. It also happened in the world wars. Specifically, in World War I when the Germans surrendered, the British navy refused to let in supplies to the starving population of the axis powers even after the armistice was signed. Don't know why, guess they were really pissed off they lost a lot of their population in the war. Going into a country and literally killing them isn't the only evil people could inflict on others. Starving them slowly into submission, which is implied as to what fictional japan did in CG, could be considered a more evil tactic.

PS. Trust me when I say that there are countries that act similarly to Britannia in real life. i.e. The Dutch's control of the southern parts of africa lead to massacres like Rwanda by implying that people could be labeled as tutsi and hutu (they gave out the idea of id cards to label who the tutsi and hutu are) based solely on fictional ideas of what each looks like.
co128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 20:27   Link #108
Meatrose
Antihero

To co128: Yeah, I didn't pick the right words there for sure. Of course I know that most of the stuff that Britannia is doing in the show has been done lots and lots of times in the history of mankind, but not in this scale. What I meant to say was that I've never seen, heard or read about anyone taking it to this level (geographically speaking). The amount of people/countries that they've invaded and "raped" and gotten away with it is... well, insane. (Perhaps I'm overestimating the power of this evil empire though?)

It would be kinda interesting to know how all the other "Areas" are holding up. Hopefully we'll get to know a bit more about the global situation and the boundaries of the Britannian empire and its power in season two, especially since it's supposed to "go global". Can't wait to see what happened during the last frames of season 1, what happens in the future, but also what happened in the past... stuff that we don't know about yet.

It'll also be interesting to see what this soon to be released "material concerning season 2" is all about. I'm a rather impatient man. This wait will be hard on me.
Old 2007-12-09, 23:31   Link #109
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride View Post
LOL I never thought about that. Kallen can't be the new Zero. Case Closed

Well, you can do a lot with wrappings. Plus, it's anime. Having said that, I think it's all just a ploy to keep our interest up through speculation - it's probably still Lelouch ^_^
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 00:00   Link #110
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Well, you can do a lot with wrappings. Plus, it's anime. Having said that, I think it's all just a ploy to keep our interest up through speculation - it's probably still Lelouch ^_^
but...but the new costume isn't a one piece jump suit! it's got actual pants! normal ones!

Lelouch's sense of fashion is way too tacky to think something like that up. >_>
Old 2007-12-10, 02:42   Link #111
lightbringer
M9000

Well, at least it's slightly different now. I got tired of always looking at the same one ^^. Now we can spend all the time looking at this one -_-. Though it's a bit boring. The horns are more menacing (having been just silly before) but that's it. Suzaku got the better clothing deal this season, I think.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 16:30   Link #112
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

This is certainly the best news I've received in a while. I was so very worried that I would have to wait until next Fall to get my CG fix. Also, wtf is up with Zero's pose in that pic? He looks like he's trying to dazzle you with some stellar dance moves or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA-
and i think we can exclude Kallen is being the new Zero.. does it look like Zero has any boobs in that picture... nah ah
Well, C.C. posed as Zero, and no one was the wiser. But maybe Kallen is more... developed than C.C.? Has any information on their sizes ever been released?
I'm actually supportive of the idea of Kallen taking over the position of Zero, but only if she is under the guidance of Lelouch. Such as her acting as the figurehead of the Order of The Black Knights while the real leader, Lelouch, gives her orders while being presumed dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchipride
IF there is a new Zero, I doubt they would receive Geass, at least not from C.C. since she would be reluctant to give up on her "best hope" miracle boy Lelouch.

One thing I'd like to see happen is Villetta going back to Ougi. Though given she shot him, it would require some heavy circumstances for such a reconciliation. Illud est, end of the world type circumstances.
Old 2007-12-10, 18:36   Link #113
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
it's okay, they gave him a cape.

lets just run with it.
If TTGL teaches you anything, it's that giving a man a cape can go a looooong way. Let's hope Suzaku follows suit.
billbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 12:42   Link #114
digi.amuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
If TTGL teaches you anything, it's that giving a man a cape can go a looooong way. Let's hope Suzaku follows suit.
Wouldnt that be something.
Code Geass S2: Suzaku (GAR!!!) vs Lelouche (ICE GAR!!!)

Zero (pointing gun): You fool. Its over. Your Knightmare is gone, you're unarmed and surrounded. Give up...and we may yet spare you. (insert evil laugh)
Suzaku: WHO THE F*** DO YOU THINK I AM?!
Zero: O.O
Suzaku: SUZAKU KICK!!!
(Nails Zero in the chest)

If that ever happened, I'm not sure I would ever recover.

Tho to be honest, when Zero speaks, he sometimes reminds me of Kamina. LAWL!
Old 2007-12-11, 14:08   Link #115
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
Tho to be honest, when Zero speaks, he sometimes reminds me of Kamina. LAWL!
= ?

cape? check.
overly epic sounding speeches about going beyond the impossible? check.
unnecessary hand poses? check.
crazy head gear? check.
Old 2007-12-11, 15:19   Link #116
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
= ?

cape? check.
overly epic sounding speeches about going beyond the impossible? check.
unnecessary hand poses? check.
crazy head gear? check.
Pure win. Lol.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 17:04   Link #117
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Added new info in first post.

Click the geass website banner for new scene. ( Just Rollo )

ARTIST REMARKS;

Geass season 2 requires more frames than most other shows. This is where it gets interesting, because she actually describes some of the scenes:

Lulu positioning a chess piece, 20 frames, 3 days to complete
XX (new character) takes off helmet, 20 frames, 2 days to complete
XXX (new character), hair waving in the wind, 14 frames, 1 and a half days to complete

- Her opinion on the season 2 art style: It's closer to KimuTaka and ChibaYuri's style now than it is to CLAMP's. According to her this makes it all the more difficult to animate, and she suspects that Code Geass season 2 is now #1 on the industry's "Black List" (I'm assuming it's a list of shows animators would rather not work on because of the workload)

Last edited by Marioshinobi; 2007-12-11 at 18:15. Reason: geass
Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 19:08   Link #118
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I think we are not going to know who is Zero when the CG 2 starts. I bet they are going to torture us for about at least half of the series or even more and then let us know who Zero really is.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:12   Link #119
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I think we are not going to know who is Zero when the CG 2 starts. I bet they are going to torture us for about at least half of the series or even more and then let us know who Zero really is.
really don't think it will be more than 5 or so. the viewer has always been privy to far more information than the characters after all.

though who knows. taking a look at scryed might be a good way to gauge how long characters will go missing and whatnot, but other than that it's impossible to tell.
Old 2007-12-11, 19:13   Link #120
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
Added new info in first post.

Click the geass website banner for new scene. ( Just Rollo )

ARTIST REMARKS;

Geass season 2 requires more frames than most other shows. This is where it gets interesting, because she actually describes some of the scenes:

Lulu positioning a chess piece, 20 frames, 3 days to complete
XX (new character) takes off helmet, 20 frames, 2 days to complete
XXX (new character), hair waving in the wind, 14 frames, 1 and a half days to complete

- Her opinion on the season 2 art style: It's closer to KimuTaka and ChibaYuri's style now than it is to CLAMP's. According to her this makes it all the more difficult to animate, and she suspects that Code Geass season 2 is now #1 on the industry's "Black List" (I'm assuming it's a list of shows animators would rather not work on because of the workload)

Since they actually gave out " New Zero" and the new character Rollo, I doubt Lulu is dead. He is probably going to show up later in the series. I mean they brought
Spoiler for A huge gundam seed spoiler:
. Why would they let Lulu die? And that character in Gundam seed didnt have the impact Lulu has ( both in terms of enjoyment and sells) in code geass.

WM648 will Keep on denying .