AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-06, 19:22   Link #1
nexist418

So if I loved Da Capo...

I really loved Da Capo. The storyline and the characters of Junichi & Nemu captivated me. Second Season was enjoyable once Aisia stopped trying to get Junichi to teach her magic. I also liked Koteri and Suiginami.

I also enjoyed Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Strikers. I enjoyed the interaction between Subaru and Teana. The OVA Triangle Heart was also enjoyable.

I started the Sky Girls series and enjoy it (I loved how they drew actual scenes from the Yokosuka Naval Base), however as it is frustrating waiting for the episodes to air, a situation I am also suffering with Cutie Honey the Live.

What should I watch next? I am primarily interested in completed series which I can grab and watch all at once (or over a couple of days). However, I am also interested in series that I can download for viewing when they are finished.

thank you
Old 2007-12-06, 19:35   Link #2
DanielSong39

If you liked Da Capo, you're likely to enjoy...

Gift ~ Eternal Rainbow (spiritual sequel to Da Capo; same composer)
Canvas 2 ~ Niji iro no Sketch (Similar character designs, high school comedy/drama)
Myself; Yourself (Even comes with its own Sakura tree)
School Days (Black comedy at its finest)

Enjoy!
Old 2007-12-06, 19:46   Link #3
Kristen
*Author

I don't know why, but I sort of found the plotlines of Da Capo and Air to be very similar, somehow or another. I just got the same sort of a feeling when I watched Air as I did Da Capo (Season 1). Haven't seen season 2 of Da Capo yet, but if you liked season 1 of Da Capo, I think you'd like Air.
Old 2007-12-06, 19:50   Link #4
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

sola is a good one, the character design was done by Naru Nanao, same as Da Capo.
Old 2007-12-06, 22:26   Link #5
Enelass

Quote:
Canvas 2 ~ Niji iro no Sketch (Similar character designs, high school comedy/drama)
Careful with this one. there is a huge discussion on.... it (not going to give a spoiler here =P)

but you might want to watch it. it does keep you interested like Da capo did. i liked both.
Old 2007-12-07, 01:31   Link #6
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexist418 View Post
So if I loved Da Capo...
See a head doctor.

I recommend the latest Da Capo series, Da Capo II, since that's just completely blowing the first two series right out of the water and putting them to shame. Not that I'm a Da Capo fan by any stretch of the imagination. IMO, the first two series embodied everything wrong with the ren'ai anime-conversion genre. But that's just me.

I recommend a good visual novel conversion, like any of the Key-KyoAni marriages. Air, Kanon 2006, and particularly Clannad, which is ten types of win so far.

I guess the Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~ recommendation isn't bad either... it's what Da Capo could have been like if it had likable characters.
Old 2007-12-07, 02:27   Link #7
kjk8288
Caffein > Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enelass View Post
Careful with this one. there is a huge discussion on.... it (not going to give a spoiler here =P)

but you might want to watch it. it does keep you interested like Da capo did. i liked both.
lol you mean the famous
Spoiler for spoiler:
arguement that's been going on about the ending? Geez, people should just get over it lol. Don't listen to anyone about it, just watch it and decide if it was good or bad by yourself. I also second Sola, very good but typical
Spoiler for spoiler:
ending that most mysterious girl/normal guy gets.

Also, Da Capo is a love triangle series so here's something that's one step above it lol: Tokimeki memorial only love, a love quadrangle :P. Also, Suzuka is another love triangle series, but it's more on the dramatic side of things.
Old 2007-12-07, 02:37   Link #8
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
If you liked Da Capo, you're likely to enjoy...

Gift ~ Eternal Rainbow (spiritual sequel to Da Capo; same composer)
Myself; Yourself (Even comes with its own Sakura tree)
School Days (Black comedy at its finest)

Enjoy!
School Days is psycho (labeling black comedy sounds twisted )
Old 2007-12-07, 03:47   Link #9
nexist418

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions to date. I believe my bit torrent client will be running for a few days (not that I want the suggestions to stop).

I did peak at the spoilers, mainly because I can still enjoy seeing how it develops. If Oldboy didn't bother me, I don't see why Canvas 2 would.

Finally, I liked several of the characters in Da Capo, specifically, Nemu, Junichi, Koteri and Suiginami. However, I am already downloading Clannad.
"Your unprincipled lack of integrity is mistaken as 'a man's kindness' by many unfortunate ladies" (Da Capo, 1:15)
Old 2007-12-07, 07:55   Link #10
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

if you started with da capo, there are TONS and TONS of good stuff ahead

but you have to look back to 2 years ago!

Mahoraba Heartful days!@ WATCH THIS
Old 2007-12-07, 07:58   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I definitely second Gift~Eternal Rainbow~ , Canvas 2 and Sola.

Canvas 2 is my favorite among visual novel adoptions, and the other two are quite enjoyable as well. As for the spoiler regarding Canvas posted above - pay it no heed. People who like to toss this term around regarding this series usually go around throwing it left and right anyway, even if it doesn't really apply.

Kanon 2006 is something you are likely to enjoy as well.
For a more laid-back show, Lamune would be the perfect choice. A slow story about two childhood friends slowly progressing to something more. One of the most heart-warming things you will ever see.