AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-07, 01:23   Link #1
yinki

Need more anime to watch!

I am undergoing some bleach withdrawal right now and is in need of some good anime to watch. I forced myself not to watch bleach for half a year, so that I can pull a marathon for it. Finally, I caught up with the latest eps (on eps 150); thus, I am probably going to wait and pull another marathon. So in the meantime, I need some recommendations to distract me from it. Here are what I like in an anime: at least 20+ eps, the main character is strong not those wimpy weak boy (and if he is hot, that is a bonus), a little subtle romance is nice (not too cheesey though), some action, adventure, and comedy is a plus, character development would be nice. (I also like detective type of anime)
Some anime I have seen and liked:
Shonen: Bleach, Death Note, Code Geass, Gintama, Detective Conan, Detective Academy Q, Ayatsuri Sakon, Darker than Black, Kaze no Stigma, Escaflowne, GetBackers, Kenshin, Inuyasha, Trigun, and Prince of Tennis
Shoujo: Ayashi no Ceres, Fushigi yuugi, Ghost Hunt, Fruit Basket, His and Her Circumstances, School Rumble, Nodame Cantibile, and Legend of Basara
Old 2007-12-07, 01:51   Link #2
psgels

Send a message via MSN to psgels
You'll probably like the Law of Ueki, if you're into shounen-series. Toward the Terra, Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto and Ooedo Rocket are also some nice recommentations.
Old 2007-12-07, 02:56   Link #3
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

If you like bishies and shounen-ai even a little, Kyou Kara Maou might be perfect for you. The art and animation are pretty solid and it is a very long running series. Unfortunately, I can't comment on plot since on ep 2, mental warning flags shouted that this wasn't the "typical shounen" I thought it was. There isn't anything explicit, but BL is everywhere...

Action, comedy, adventure, all check. You may want another opinion since I have only seen 1.5 eps.

BTW, I wouldn't put School Rumble under Shoujo.
Old 2007-12-07, 03:06   Link #4
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

I recommend:

Basilisk mature ninja action (must see base on the animes you've listed)

Seirei no Moribito superb action scenes just not enough of it, plot driven, beautiful anime (also on my must see list for the plot and drama)

Beserk gore guts and battles

Cowboy Bebop slick bounty hunters (Long Live SPIKE)

Samurai Champloo 2 samurais and a hot girl traveling

Full Metal Panic mecha action (fumoffu season is really funny, dont know if its consider season 2 or not)

Kiba protagonist goes to another world and battle with monsters he summons, mood of this anime is some what serious (i like this anime but a lot of the interesting characters aren't fleshed out enough)

Black Cat assassins with powers similiar to GetBackers

Claymore Girls kicking butt with lots of gore

Some of my recommended shounens where the protagonist does not fit your list:

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi comedy with ass kicking involve

Hajime no Ippo
comedy, boxing

[I]If you run out of shounens to watch:

OutLaw Star space battles (tell you the truth i got bored of it but alot of people like it)

Trinity Blood
vampires

Last edited by bbduece; 2007-12-07 at 05:16.
Old 2007-12-07, 08:01   Link #5
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the current season of one piece has gotten interesting again

although the large amount of filler is moderately present

Air gear and Kenichi are great.
Closed Thread