AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.62%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.09%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-12-10, 17:53   Link #221
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

That netting was there while Allelujah was conscious. I'm guessing it was being repackaged for reload or whatnot since the Gundam clearly wasn't moving.
Old 2007-12-10, 17:58   Link #222
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
That netting was there while Allelujah was conscious. I'm guessing it was being repackaged for reload or whatnot since the Gundam clearly wasn't moving.
considering they did not knock out the pilot on purpose, the retraints that had prepared should have taken into acount a fully awake and active pilot, and there was no reason to drop their guard because the pilot fell unconscious... i mean, they do not know how he got knocked out so should have been ready for him to wake up at any time... not to mention i do kind of wonder how Suma knew that the pilot fell unconsious in the first place
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 18:12   Link #223
negativethirteen

I think the Tieria is female who went through physiological (maybe psychological too) conditioning to be more masculine theory makes a lot of sense. Also reflects the extremes she takes to maintain secrecy.

I might be reading into this a little too much but...

(this is very subtle) After the fight when she breaks down the way she refers to herself went from "ore" to "boku" (pride breaking down) then to "watashi". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "boku" almost exclusively a masculine form while watashi is both but still kinda leans towards feminine? So the masculine facade was breaking down.

Then there's the whole armor purging...from bulky very masculine Virtue to very feminine Nadleeh. Again...the masculine facade breaking down.
negativethirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 18:20   Link #224
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Good episode overall, personally I thought it would be better but I suppose my expectation was too high. My favorite part of the show was when all those Tieren were immobilizing Virtue, finally showing that grunts do have potential to beat Gundam. MY surprise was Tieria crying,it showed that this bastard actually has some emotion inside. On Hal, was expecting him to be evil version of Al, but he seems to be more then that, this guy like everyone said is sadistic. Also I still say too many people cried in this episode.
Old 2007-12-10, 18:28   Link #225
FireChick

Quote:
indeed, he is so damn sadistic...
though i am remined of another thing i was a bit disappointed in... i was really expecting the lieutenant to self destruct his mobile suit in order to do some serious damage to Kyrios. though it could be the case that either those mobile suits are not designed with such features or that the pilot still had some hope of getting of their alive; which is a normal human reaction... thouhg you might expect a solider to still think of self-destruction when such hope was lost like when Hallelujah started to finsh him off
In fact! Hallelujah is almost close to being twice as worse as Lucy! From Elfen Lied. If only he had invisible arms that could slice-n-dice people in less than a nanosecond.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 19:03   Link #226
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
You don't think a fat masculine gundam reaching out for its skinny and feminine inner self is a unique solution to getting out of a jam?
Not since Hikaru lost the External Armour of his Valkyrie during the Miss Macross pageant.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 19:24   Link #227
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativethirteen View Post
I think the Tieria is female who went through physiological (maybe psychological too) conditioning to be more masculine theory makes a lot of sense. Also reflects the extremes she takes to maintain secrecy.

I might be reading into this a little too much but...

(this is very subtle) After the fight when she breaks down the way she refers to herself went from "ore" to "boku" (pride breaking down) then to "watashi". Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "boku" almost exclusively a masculine form while watashi is both but still kinda leans towards feminine? So the masculine facade was breaking down.

Then there's the whole armor purging...from bulky very masculine Virtue to very feminine Nadleeh. Again...the masculine facade breaking down.
I dunno but Killer Tomato in SEED liked to use Boku a lot and Lord Gerbil did use Watashi. So...Tieria's still a man in my book. A bit of a bishie more than other bishies before him certainly, but nothing nuts...I remember Athrun was going all wet on us when Niccol got Niccol'd.

Hallelujah is such ownage. He's the biggest fanservice in the show short of Sumeragi in a revealing outfit! Come on, who doesn't enjoy Hallelujah? He's just plain old funny. Basically, all of his sadistic stuff can be summed up easily enough:

Hal: "Ownage is coming and there's nothing you can do! Ownage is coming, ownage is coming!"

Al: "Stop it!"

Hal: "Oh fine..."..."JUST KIDDING! OWNED!" *boom*

Come on...who DOESN'T love a sadistic good guy? Currently, Hal is by far and away seemingly the strongest pilot of the bunch, so CB should do everything in its power to keep him Al in Hal mode when conflict arises.

And then if there's any problems afterwards, Tieria can just slap his hair to the other side of his face and return him to normal!
Old 2007-12-10, 19:37   Link #228
Joachim
et tu, brute?

hallelujah is a hell wicked guy thats for sure, this is the first time a "protagonist" torture a grunt lol

i enjoy gundam 00 so far, even from code geass (runs from code geass mad fans) seriously, ignore tieria character design, and u got the best bits, conspiracy, good mecha fight (no repeated scene so far), and great future plot (wth is veda, what is celestial being real purpose, etc)
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 20:04   Link #229
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativethirteen View Post
Boku is generally considered a masculine "I", but in the context of anime, there have been quite a few girls that use it--generally the tomboy types, but in some cases, it doesn't matter.

Ore though is rarely used by girls.
Old 2007-12-10, 20:06   Link #230
Nibelheim

I liked the fact that the normal suits with a good leader can put up a good fight against the super Gundams. I always thought that Virtue wouldn't be able to handle large numbers of small targets as its weaponry is more suited for bashing large targets like bases or battleships.

Without backup Virtue would be the easier of the Gundams to take down. I just wish they took his laser weapon when they had the chance.
Nibelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 20:12   Link #231
JediNight
キズランダム

I did think it was rather funny they were netting a mobile armor. What exactly were they expecting the netting to do to its mobility? ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 21:30   Link #232
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
overall good ep, entertaining although I knew what was going to happen (it's a little to early for them to get captured). It seems like the grunts in this show have atleast some degree of competence (hope it stays that way) and not just canon foldders. The Id persona of Kyrios pilot is an interesting turn of events.

The bad... I wish the pilots to show some skill instead of just relying on their suits to muscle through everything. Virtue would have been screwed if it couldn't detache its armor, and it seem to have won based soley on it superior specs than any skill from the pilot and the only reason the Ptolomey isn't full of holes is because of its shield, I'm beginng to wonder if these people really are the pro's like they are suppose to be.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 21:40   Link #233
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Great episode. What I thought was pretty interesting in this episode was, at least to me, that it showed how different combat in space was compared to on Earth. Maybe it had something to do with named characters on both sides or the numbers of the HRL force but you see the Gundams having trouble scoring hits. Had this been on Earth they would have walked over that force as they have been shown in the past. It was great to see the grunts dodging blast, staying out of range when they needed to, etc.

Granted the best plans don't always work but it was great to see a plan all the same. I can't wait to see the HRL (Soma and Sergai) to go up against CB again. Graham and his team need to get in on the action as well. Now we just need an AEU group to get behind. This is the first time I've watched a Gundam show where I'm looking forward to the Gundam team being taken down (outside of Lockon and Felt). I wanted the Gundam team in SEED Destiny to be taken out as well but that was mainly because I disliked the characters and the series overall was horrible. With Gundam 00 I like the characters but I like that they are being painted as the bad guys and you tend to want to the bad guys to be taken down.

Anyone getting the feeling that this could be a Gundam series where the actual hero units in the end won't be Gundams?

I'm hoping as the AEU, Union, and HRL put out better suits for their ace pilots they won't give them the Gundam treatment due to how feared and hated the Gundams actually are now to the people of Earth. Yet I hope we'll see more and more custom suits like we are seeing now.
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 21:46   Link #234
Demongod86

idof, by now you should have realized that if not for the technological gap between the gundams and their enemies that Exia/Virtue and possibly even Kyrios would have been gone by now as well as Ptolemy. The balance is that there are extremely few gundams and unlike in SEED, the mothership isn't one of the most powerful weapons on the field.

In SEED, the two battleship/carriers had by far and above the most powerful weapons short of the doomsday weapons with their positron cannons. Here, the gundams are the first and last lines of defense, so they better be damn good against such numbers considering they don't have a "Wing Zero" type unit in their team.

Now if you had Dynames's range, Kyrios's mobility (enhanced), Virtue's firepower (well you would need to improve here still), and Exia's melee loadout, you'd have Wing Zero on your hands.
Old 2007-12-10, 21:51   Link #235
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
This Is Very. Very Disturbing To Watch Hallehujah Killed Someone.

THIS IS MADNESS!!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 22:14   Link #236
Demongod86

Madness?

This

is

GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

(You asked for it )
Old 2007-12-10, 22:27   Link #237
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

awesome episode
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 22:27   Link #238
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, they heard him cry, until it got silent, so they concluded, that he became unconscious.
But wasn't it kind of strange, that Sergei was surprised to hear the same voice, like at the time they rescued the space station? I mean: It was the same Gundam, so obviously the pilot would be the same too, or did he expect them to rotate?
Well, one thing they did not seem to consider is that the pilot might have been faking... they also didn't know how sever him passing out was and had no way of knowing how long he would be out...

Quote:
About the restrains: They probably thought, they changed the nets against something stronger. Actually we don't really know, if the nets were strong enough to prevent the Gundam from transforming, since the pilot wasn't really able to try transforming in the first place.
Well the thing is, the netting wasn't interfering with the metal restraints so they could have had both... why exchange restraints when you can have both; not to mention they could have used the cement that they were using on virtue aswell. whether or not the netting would have been strong enough is another matter, the point is that more restraints are always better idea and it's foolish not to use them... i would say that the netting would help; with the metal retaints limiting Kryio's movement it might have been harder for him to break out since he was not able to stretch out as much

Quote:
What I find pretty strange is, that Virtue wasn't able to get rid of the ropes by force, but when it was dispersing it's armor (which looked more lika a passive thing, or at least something without much strength behind), they bursted away.
Ya, that's another thing i bothered me... that the ejection system was much stronger than the dispersion system... though it is possibly that the armor was designed like that, designed to allow Virtue to escape strong restraint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prism 2805 View Post
I liked the fact that the normal suits with a good leader can put up a good fight against the super Gundams. I always thought that Virtue wouldn't be able to handle large numbers of small targets as its weaponry is more suited for bashing large targets like bases or battleships.

Without backup Virtue would be the easier of the Gundams to take down. I just wish they took his laser weapon when they had the chance.
I wouldn't say that... when it comes down to it, Virtue is much like the big cannon gundams that came before it; it uses that massive cannon and basically sweep the battlefield clean; much like how it destoryed many suits in the previoues battle or how it took down 6 suits in a two bursts... genrally, you need A LOT of mobile suits just to get close to virtue without being wiped out...

Grant it, this does help hit home a poitn that Vitrue should be used down on Earth... up in space the enemy has far higher mobility... on earth they get weighed down and are slower... Virtue isn't built for mobility so being in space doesn't help it at all, like it does for the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I did think it was rather funny they were netting a mobile armor. What exactly were they expecting the netting to do to its mobility? ;p
Err, prevent it from transforming into it's battle mode?

Quote:
idof, by now you should have realized that if not for the technological gap between the gundams and their enemies that Exia/Virtue and possibly even Kyrios would have been gone by now as well as Ptolemy. The balance is that there are extremely few gundams and unlike in SEED, the mothership isn't one of the most powerful weapons on the field.

In SEED, the two battleship/carriers had by far and above the most powerful weapons short of the doomsday weapons with their positron cannons. Here, the gundams are the first and last lines of defense, so they better be damn good against such numbers considering they don't have a "Wing Zero" type unit in their team.

Now if you had Dynames's range, Kyrios's mobility (enhanced), Virtue's firepower (well you would need to improve here still), and Exia's melee loadout, you'd have Wing Zero on your hands.
Y'know, the fact that their battleship has no weapons seems to be a massive weakness... as we have seen, most of the time the gundams are out doing missions at the same time... with none of them hangind back that makes the ship one gigantic target... really, atleast one, if not two of the gundams should alwys be hanging back to help protect the ship

Seriously, now that they realize that sergei was trying to capture a gundam it's gonna be hard for him to put them in that kind of pinch since their captain will not make the same mistake twice... Sergei's next plan should be to launch an attack on the battleship when atleast 3 of the gundams are no around. Really even they can't capture a gundam, taking down their carrier will be a first major step in making their job easier since it makes it harder for them to reload, refuel and repair with less carriers...

A ship with a means to defend itself and constntly leaving the ship alone seems like a major liability
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 22:43   Link #239
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I'd just like to say we got 3 people crying in this episode!!! A record?
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 22:54   Link #240
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:

I've realize that at the start of the show, nonetheless, it doesn't hurt to show the pilots as having some sort of skill, that way they can be justified as pilots to the Gundams. Like I said, the ep is good but the lack of skill on behalf of the pilots is still annoying. Kira, Amuro, Uso, Loran etc all have the excuse that they are civilians at first so they can't be very good at the start and must rely on the Gundams but the ones in 00 are suppose to be pro's ie like Heero but unlike Heero which is a competent pilot, these guys don't show much of anything resembling an Ace.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote