AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.62%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.09%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-14, 01:09   Link #341
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Somewhat less so.

Unlike Setsuna, Ali had some rationale for opening his cockpit: if Setsuna wanted to talk, then it was all to the good, since it might allow him to get precious information about a Meister.

Also, a gun to gun battle was much less disadvantageous to him than a suit to suit one, considering the technological edge the CB have.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 01:50   Link #342
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
actually from the look of the battle i believe Ali was winning...plus if CB had a advantage why would Ali get out.. i dont think it was rationale on both thier part.
But than again Gundam is a drama mecha show so i guess the script be somewhat unrationale to make drama in the show.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 03:56   Link #343
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
the whole Setsuna opening his cockpit in battle .... last i recall the enemy also open his cockpit too soo umm does it make him a crappy pilot also
Nah, it just makes him temporarily stupid. I see it as being similar to when the antagonist in some stories finds it okay to be revealing their secret grand plans to the protagonists. Or when they delay killing someone they've captured with the only purpose being so that the captive could die in a certain way or while watching the evil plan coming to fruition.
monster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 04:32   Link #344
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I'm a little surprised we fell back in an old debate that's dating several episodes back, but I digress. I'm going to somewhat add on to the conversation anyways.

wingdarkness and idofgahf... Do you really think throwing insults and putting each other down will really help your side sound intelligently correct in the debate? You both brought up good arguments, but it's getting muddled with the mudslinging.

Now, one of you guys brought up the word "physciology" and the other brought up the word "psychology." Now, physciology doesn't happen to be physiology or psychology, is it? If it is physiology that you're talking about, I'm not quite understanding how that comes into play regarding Setsuna's reckless and irrational behavior. That sounds more like psychology since physiology, when referring to humans, tend to cover more of their physical attributes and functions than the "fight or flight" mechanism that's within each of our brains, hence psychology. I'd say Setsuna is one of a few clinical studies where their fight or flight mechanism is skewed. For one, one of the orders he has to follow is to follow the mission and the rules of the Gundam Meister. (One of the rules being that the safeguard of their respective Gundam be ensured.) His decision to leave his cockpit seemed to have a few factors involved. One is a personal and emotional connection to his opponent. Another was his wish to verify his opponent's identity. Another is the fact that he's lived with death always at his side, being shot at, his comrades killed, betrayed by someone he trusted and gave up his life as a normal child for, etc. And of course, there's the factor regarding his age and maturity level. Mix that with the responsibility of a Gundam Meister and you have someone who is very mixed up and probably carrying a lot of opposing decisions and views. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being subconsciously suicidal as well, among other things. If someone who came back from Somalia or Vietnam suffer from physical and psychological problems, just imagine what people who have experienced what Setsuna's experienced would suffer from. I highly doubt he'd be completely straight in the head just like the other Meisters who suffer from their own psychological problems.
__________________
"Even in a crowd, I was always alone." - Ernest Hemmingway
"God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how." - Henry Ward Beecher
Friend: "Evidence that you guys are made of epic win." Me: "That wasn't my goal. My goal is chaos, fear and...eggs."
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 05:15   Link #345
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
People get bored by the robots and want to watch a baseball anime instead?
Well it is baseball, its just as exciting. ^^;;
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 05:53   Link #346
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
It's a nice episode.. well other than for all the QQing. Reminds me too much of GSD, except that these guys cried because they got pwnt by Sergei tactical superiority.

I think mascot girl Wang hit it right when she commented on how all the pilots are incomplete. Most of em have psychological flaws rather unsuitable for soldiers.
__________________
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 07:05   Link #347
winter45
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I think mascot girl Wang hit it right when she commented on how all the pilots are incomplete. Most of em have psychological flaws rather unsuitable for soldiers.

Most Gundam shows the main character(s) have some sort psychological flaws and unfit to be militants, dated all the way back from the origional gundam. The question is how annoying can the main cast be. (Points at CE timeline)
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 07:20   Link #348
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
It's a nice episode.. well other than for all the QQing. Reminds me too much of GSD, except that these guys cried because they got pwnt by Sergei tactical superiority.

I think mascot girl Wang hit it right when she commented on how all the pilots are incomplete. Most of em have psychological flaws rather unsuitable for soldiers.
The thing is, no one sane would possibly want to work for CB willingly. It is an extremist group, as such CB could only attract extremists. CB's official goals are flawed, so only flawed individuals would sign up.
(Unless the said sane person has an explosive-collar around his neck, of course. But then how sane would that person be in that situation?)
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 09:14   Link #349
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicX_Zero View Post
Well it is baseball, its just as exciting. ^^;;
Isn't baseball a huge thing in Japan?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 09:49   Link #350
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
(Unless the said sane person has an explosive-collar around his neck, of course. But then how sane would that person be in that situation?)
I remember he(she?) isn't that sane either . A criminal, if my memory serves me right.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 11:05   Link #351
Geass
~Power of the King~
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Far North
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I remember he(she?) isn't that sane either . A criminal, if my memory serves me right.
Quite possibly not a sane criminal, either. A murderer, I suspect.
__________________
Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 11:20   Link #352
mangasuki
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Edogawa, Tokyo
Quote:
Isn't baseball a huge thing in Japan?
6pm TV program on saturday in japan
[channel 6] Gundam_OO
[channel 3] major (popular baseball anime)

it's a tough decision which anime otaku should watch. so brightman posted
Quote:
People get bored by the robots and want to watch a baseball anime instead.
sorry for my bad english!
mangasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:04   Link #353
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Isn't baseball a huge thing in Japan?
Its their most popular spectator sport... But then again, they have a certain fondness for giant robots as well.

But still, its strange that the better, more action-packed episodes in this series so far are the ones with the lowest ratings.
__________________
Copyright 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:13   Link #354
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya
wingdarkness and idofgahf... Do you really think throwing insults and putting each other down will really help your side sound intelligently correct in the debate? You both brought up good arguments, but it's getting muddled with the mudslinging.
LMAO hey it's been working for years...Peep the rep^^...Seriously though I don't think his points are very good so I'll have to disagree with your assessment...Additionally this type of interaction is soooo tame for this forum (The Shinn vs. Kira debates a few years ago were pure venom compared to this--Those used to be so fun too ) and I for one don't mind if people wanna ratch it up a notch...Nothings worse than a boring fact vs fact debate with no personality IMO...I like passion whether it be for me or against me and I find what people tend to like about my debates is that I make it enjoyable to read while still making my point clear...So if I gotta knock a few heads in to get a point across sobeit, and I accept (if not invite) my debating opponent to do the same...

Quote:
Now, one of you guys brought up the word "physciology" and the other brought up the word "psychology." Now, physciology doesn't happen to be physiology or psychology, is it?
I just think he misspelled the word as his posts are littered with spelling errors (Not that I'm harsh on that)...Obviously psychology was the point trying to be made in-terms of Setsuna...But still I think it's a fools errand to think any purity of logic can totally explain what being a kid in a street militia means when it comes to irrational actions in a Gundam, let alone piloting skill sets, or overboard comparisons to Heero who besides the perception is a vastly different character (Or even the reasonings behind Veda choosing Setsuna)...I'd say your points on this issue make more COMMON sense...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:16   Link #355
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I remember he(she?) isn't that sane either . A criminal, if my memory serves me right.
I was just pointing out a way CB could have forced a "normal" person into working for them, not specifically describing a character.

The point being, people don't join CB for the money; it is an idealogical organisation, so only those with similar beliefs can mesh well into it. There is no point hiring the best of the best if they refuse to cooperate.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:34   Link #356
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Yeah... But do they all have to be crazies that could turn on each other at the drop of a hat? Couldn't they have found people that, while fully indoctrinated by the CB, were still able to deal with most problems like grown-ups?

I mean, at this point, even after Sergei's and Sumeragi*'s performance, I'd worry more about killing each other and blowing up Ptolemaios in the process than about the three blocks scoring an actual victory...


*I cite her name because I still believe he couldn't have done it if she'd had more tactical sense than a drunk monkey...
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 19:47   Link #357
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
*I cite her name because I still believe he couldn't have done it if she'd had more tactical sense than a drunk monkey...
There's one thing that really bugs me about people complaining about how she screwed up in eps 9/10 because they seem to have forgotten a very important fact in the week between ep 9 and 10. She couldn't communicate with Exia, Virtue and Kyrios. She could only contact Dynames, and that was only because it was attached to the Ptolemaios at the time. She sent Kyrios and Virtue out without having seem the situation first. It was a gamble based on an initial thought on what Sergei's objective was. It wasn't until half way through she realized that that was wrong and she had no way to tell 3 of the pilots that they were the real target and to give them strategic advice. They realized too late, and 2 of the Gundams were caught isolated by people who were ready to exploit the weaknesses of the Gundams. I'd like to see how it would have turned out had Sumeragi been constant contact with all the pilots. Only then do I feel that people have the right to fully complain about her tactics when she was in a position to be able to adjust the plan on the move.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 20:02   Link #358
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
She put herself in that shitty position. And for no good reason.

She also placed far too much importance on her guess as to what Sergei's objective would be. It obvious capturing even one gundam would be a major victory for him. So why provide him with an opportunity?

Leaving aside what she failed to do to prevent the ambush, practically every decision she made after the alarm sounded has been wrong. If she was a boxer, your argument would sound like "You can't criticize her for taking a few punches! She got into the ring with a blindfold and a hand tied behind her back!" Don't forget why she was so handicapped in the first place.


Let's face it: the reason she took that "gamble" (I don't like that term. It implies she had something to win from it.) is so we'd have a reason to think the Gundams were in trouble. There's no way to make it look like a rational, well thought out decision.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:19   Link #359
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
yea i agree with Sumeragi putting herself in a shitty spot... she really misjudge the real objective of Sergei's master plan. But i got to handed to her for trying her best with little time she had.. actually i blame this whole almost getting caught thing on the dude who wasnt paying attention to the radar duty. I dont know how long he didnt notice maybe one hour or several but timing was a factor in Sumeragi planning that and she didnt have all 4 gundams 100% functional. Also she knew she would lose communication with the gundams... but she still took the risk having too much faith on gundam powers.

After watching 10 eps i got to say out all the pilots i think Allelujah Haptism probably the most skilled gundam pilot out of the 4.. well it a toss up between him and Setsuna F Seiei. Dont get me wrong i thin lockon is still good but he depend on the tech of his gundam more than the other two same with the guy in virtue.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:26   Link #360
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
After watching 10 eps i got to say out all the pilots i think Allelujah Haptism probably the most skilled gundam pilot out of the 4.. well it a toss up between him and Setsuna F Seiei. Dont get me wrong i thin lockon is still good but he depend on the tech of his gundam more than the other two same with the guy in virtue.
There's not even a doubt at this point it's Hal/Al wahtever. Setsuna doesn't even come close. One is someone who has the highest accuracy with a MACHINE GUN laser rifle, and the other is someone who shoots STRAIGHT INTO NOTHING. And close combat is not even relevant, since Setsuna gets outclassed by like almost EVERYONE that isn't Patrick I'm A Scrub.

However, don't even think for one moment Setsuna won't become the greatest gundam pilot through a series of magical events that have almost NOTHING TO DO WITH IMPROVING HIS PILOTING. It'll be some kinda mental reinforcer, and you'll see his ANGGEEERR and his DETERMINATION. And maybe the spirit of twenty dead girls. I dunno, there's plenty of time for that. But then we'd have to have Tieria switch sides and paint a giant zero on his suit. Sadly the guy has purple hair too. LOL.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.