AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 54 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 16.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.62%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 3.09%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-14, 21:31   Link #361
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Setsuna F Seiei ... hmm actually goin to bump him to number three now cause ur rite now i think about it he did get outmatch by like all the top ace in each nation...hopfully those magical events u speak of will improve his skills....

Last edited by Kinku; 2007-12-14 at 21:49.
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:50   Link #362
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
wingdarkness and idofgahf... Do you really think throwing insults and putting each other down will really help your side sound intelligently correct in the debate? You both brought up good arguments, but it's getting muddled with the mudslinging.
Lol, if you think our post is full of insults you should try the mitsuki vs haruka debate in the KGNE forum. whats the point of simply stating facts in a forum? We obviously have different opinion of thinks and the forum is the place to voice it out (as well as in real life of course).

Quote:
Now, one of you guys brought up the word "physciology" and the other brought up the word "psychology." Now, physciology doesn't happen to be physiology or psychology, is it?
Yes i meant phychology, I'm not too keen on spell checking on something I post for fun, I do that enough in real life as a english major.

Quote:
But still I think it's a fools errand to think any purity of logic can totally explain what being a kid in a street militia means when it comes to irrational actions in a Gundam, let alone piloting skill sets, or overboard comparisons to Heero who besides the perception is a vastly different character (Or even the reasonings behind Veda choosing Setsuna)...I'd say your points on this issue make more COMMON sense...
skills aside, which is another debate and would drag on too long, be it street miltia or every day bob, every human have survival instinct, phychology has little to do with it, primial instinct such as to feed, protect one self can be argued as imprinted in ones mind simply because these instinct are necessary for survival, without them, a person IE Setsuna would have been long dead even before he could join the miltia. That said, opening cockpit in front of enemy is against such instincts unless Setsuna is trained to do so, if his is able to overcome his instincts then he obviously have recived some training.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 21:59   Link #363
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
i dont think it was trianing to over come his instincts that made Setsuna open his cockpit... Real reason its the writer instinct to make a dramtic effect in the show to have Setsuna open his cockpit in battle
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 00:28   Link #364
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
i just watched episode 10 few minutes ago but, Gundam virtue goes CAST OFF MODE!! *reference of kamen rider kabuto*

'CHANGE NAADLEH'
Hahahaha!!!! I love that insight on Virtue/Naadleh!!!!

Combine that with Setsena's scarf, a so called "clock up" mode... how Celestial Being thinks they are benelovent beings (I am looking at you Tendo Souji)

And off topic... that Kamen Rider series is one of the few that always made me hungry! :P
__________________
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 01:45   Link #365
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She also placed far too much importance on her guess as to what Sergei's objective would be. It obvious capturing even one gundam would be a major victory for him. So why provide him with an opportunity?
I think regardless of Sergei's motive (whether it was ptolemaios or capturing a gundam) going into a battle and cutting off communication with your limited number of soldiers and then engaging the enemy isn't a good a recipe for success.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 01:51   Link #366
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Agreed. I didn't express myself well. What I meant was, she was far too confident in her guess, when she had no reason to be. It's not like Sergei did something completely out of left field.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 03:48   Link #367
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Had to go back to camp last week before I get to watch the subs, so know when I just did, my post has become rather late.

About Wang's: I assume made that comment to question Aeolia's Ideals against Veda's choice. It's not a 'the pilots are imperfect, therefore are weak'. statement, but rather: 'Why did Veda choose such impefect pilots for such perfect machines'.

She's questioning why are the pilots imperfect, probably thinking at the same time, what does Veda see in such imperfection. She's not thinking that the pilots are weak at this point, but expecting to see a reason to Veda's choice.

About the capture team's treatment to Kyrios: From a soldier's point of view, I say that it was really badly handled. They did not secure the captured MS properly, Kyrios' 'awakening' reminded me of 'Gulliver's Travels'. They did not have security forces, no backup or forces close enough for immediate response to any danger the captured target poses.

When we do capture someone, one soldier would be holding onto and securing the captured person. A second soldier would be flanking the captured person from behind with the rifle ready to fire at any moment he struggles.

Random trivia:

HRL Tieren: Tieren sounds like and literally means 'Iron Man' in chinese. Nothing wrong since they are most probably made in China.

Tieren Taozi: Literally means 'Iron Man Peach', 'Peach' for its pink colour scheme.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 11:47   Link #368
idofgrahf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: In the fields of elysuim
Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
The capture team's treatment of the pilot I guess is necessary to advance the plot, they probably should have blew up the cockpit to make sure the pilot is dead, they are after the machine not the pilot (which would be nice to get info's on but probably just a bonus).

As for the pilots, I think Wang knows there is no such thing as a perfect pilot, the idea is something to aspire to but never achivable. Afterall, its a human that created the show and Humans are imperfect, therefore whatever they creat must be imperfect. I take the lacking not as imperfect, as everyone are, but lacking in both discipline and skill.


As for the HLR suits, I wonder if they have any made in Russia, so far the tech is pretty much Chinese dominated. Iron man is pretty fitting for such a bulky suit, wonder if there's one called 龙 or something along those lines.
__________________
Even if I go to hell I will live till the end of this world. If the world does not come to an end, then I will destroy it with my own hands!

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 12:05   Link #369
bloodyknight
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf View Post
The capture team's treatment of the pilot I guess is necessary to advance the plot, they probably should have blew up the cockpit to make sure the pilot is dead, they are after the machine not the pilot (which would be nice to get info's on but probably just a bonus).

As for the pilots, I think Wang knows there is no such thing as a perfect pilot, the idea is something to aspire to but never achivable. Afterall, its a human that created the show and Humans are imperfect, therefore whatever they creat must be imperfect. I take the lacking not as imperfect, as everyone are, but lacking in both discipline and skill.


As for the HLR suits, I wonder if they have any made in Russia, so far the tech is pretty much Chinese dominated. Iron man is pretty fitting for such a bulky suit, wonder if there's one called 龙 or something along those lines.
Well, i cannot say i disagree with you... and your drastic methods... certainly, killing the pilot is a good idea... Perhaps the HRL wants more than just the suit... if you know what i mean...
bloodyknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 12:08   Link #370
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Not to mention you destroy the computer that controls the suit, so you're destroying a lot of your potential valuble information. Plus they don't know what kind of security devices are installed on those machines. The fact they can't hack into them the normal way shows that these suits are very security heavy. Plus there's the info the pilot can provide.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 12:57   Link #371
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
That you can't easily open them from the outside may (may) be unusual, but hardly surprising. And for all they know, there's a simple switch somewhere, but they just haven't found it on the unfamiliar suit.

I agree that they should have been in a hurry to separate the pilot from the suit, but there was no need to be excessive. Just break out the industrial cutting tools as soon as you find getting it isn't easy.

And of course, they should have had suits ready to dismember the gundam if it started moving. Oh, well. Let's chalk it up to the usual anime incompetence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 13:35   Link #372
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
From the look of it, there wasn't space for more than one suit in the container they had the Gundam in. This isn't like other Gundams where we have full blown spaceships with large hangers. Even CB's sapceship has the Gundams stored in individual containers.

And they did break out the cutting tools when they found they couldn't get in. They just used the standard methods for getting in first, then resorted to cutting it up. They obviously wanted to do as little damage as possible to maximize what they obtained whilst still being quick about what they did. It's just Hal came out to play, plus what they had wasn't enough to stop him.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 13:40   Link #373
Sol Falling
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf View Post
As for the pilots, I think Wang knows there is no such thing as a perfect pilot, the idea is something to aspire to but never achivable. Afterall, its a human that created the show and Humans are imperfect, therefore whatever they creat must be imperfect. I take the lacking not as imperfect, as everyone are, but lacking in both discipline and skill.

mm, I disagree. I the context of Wang's statement, in think what she means by 'perfect' is "ideally or optimally suited to its purpose". She did mention that the Gundams were perfect, indicating that in the way she was using it, perfection was achievable; however, in terms of how the Meister's are not optimally suited to their purpose, she could very well have been referring to the deficit in discipline and skill you referred to.

edit: @Terra

mm, from the count of destroyed and remaining suits earlier in this thread, there were 48 mobile suits deployed by the HRL in total. Divide this by 4 ships and 3 containers per ship, and you get 4 suits per container. This would seem to contradict the container's being too limited in capacity for more than one suit.

On the other hand, it seems like there was a restraining device in that container on purpose. If it is assumed that that container was intended to be used exclusively for containing a Gundam, that makes only 11 containers for the 48 suits the HRL had which is indivisible and seems to be an error on the part of the show.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 14:48   Link #374
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
From the look of it, there wasn't space for more than one suit in the container they had the Gundam in. This isn't like other Gundams where we have full blown spaceships with large hangers. Even CB's sapceship has the Gundams stored in individual containers.
Then they should have brought along bigger containers, or done it outside of one. It's not like they found a captured gundam in a packet of cereals. They purposely set out to capture one, so they should have been prepared to do the job properly.

Quote:
And they did break out the cutting tools when they found they couldn't get in. They just used the standard methods for getting in first, then resorted to cutting it up.
They waited too long. They should have had the tools ready from the start, and used them after thirty seconds of failing to open the cockpit conventionally. No need to ask for permission, just do it.

Remember, they had an intact Gundam on their hand, with a pilot that was unaccountably unconscious. Meaning, he could wake up at any time. And then what?


Quote:
They obviously wanted to do as little damage as possible to maximize what they obtained whilst still being quick about what they did.
Yeah, and how did that work out for them?
Quote:
It's just Hal came out to play, plus what they had wasn't enough to stop him.
It's got nothing to do with the pilot's MPD. All that was needed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory was for the pilot to wake up and decide he didn't want to be captured after all. Why? Because he was incompetently held. About the only excuse they have is that they didn't expect such a piece of luck (the pilot falling unconscious and letting himself be captured without a fight), and that's not a really good one.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 15:59   Link #375
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to Kinku
they should have kept the gundam in its other form rather its mecha form..
Kinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 16:46   Link #376
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Kyrios was in it's fighter form. It's just that Kyrios transofrmation involves little actual changes to the position of the suit's parts, so it was easy for the Kyrios to change to MS form with the movement it had available.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 00:08   Link #377
Ori
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Send a message via AIM to Ori
Finally got a chance to watch the subbed version of this episode. It's really quite good. =) Makes me happy.
__________________

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:20   Link #378
karasuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Man, all I have to say is : too early for so much crying!
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 04:52   Link #379
Nanohafied
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Jus saw a subbed version...m i the onli 1 who is disturbed by the hairy gundam nadle???...ewwwwwww
Nanohafied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 09:03   Link #380
stjeppe
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Age: 27
man that was a nice episode...lots of shady charactar building lol most of the meisters are somewhat bizarre to say the least...

loved Nadleeh's looks as a gundam, looked very nice
stjeppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.