AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-06-10, 02:02   Link #281
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanatsu
Um...actually, it IS real rap. It's just done in the old school style. In the tradition of Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, and some other groups that were mentioned earlier. The kind of style you'd find back in the mid-late 80's. Which goes well with the whole old school hip hop theme they've got going on. In my opinion, that was when rap was at its best. Not the stuff that happened late 90's and today.

50cent is crap. Nas on the other hand is some good taste.

And I suppose you guys can figure out I like the OP.
Wow, I was waiting for someone who actually knew what they were talking about to comment on its merit, then biasedly placing it on the "it sucks cause its rap" scale. And you have good taste, Nas > 50cent/Jay-Z.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 05:10   Link #282
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-06-10 at 06:14.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 09:50   Link #283
wnkryo
HainShodan

I'm finnaly done downloading the raw version (and will have the subbed version soon).

So I am now excepting avatar/gif requests for episode 3 at the Samurai Champloo Avatar Reqest thread in general anime.
Old 2004-06-10, 10:03   Link #284
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
hehe the episode was very strory driven. So it was hard for me to understand alot of things but i did get some of it.

The art was like the first epiosdes art. Very good.

Did anyone think that guy with the purple beads look or remind you of Akuma from street fighter? lol

Jin dressed up as a women was priceless!

Pics
Spoiler:
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 10:28   Link #285
Mugen-X
BadAss

that's what i was thinking with the guy with the beads. this was a very good episode im happy the animation is back to first ep quality and i cant wait till the second part damn gotta wait another week now
Mugen-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 11:22   Link #286
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

This episode was great. I feel like they're saving all the real(serious) fighting for a bit later but it still owns. Animation and everything was an improvement. The music is sounding better aswell, hope it keeps improving. I won't even comment on the Jin thing.
Old 2004-06-10, 15:14   Link #287
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Lmao at the end of the episode they keep meeting back under the strangest situation. ^^

Spoiler for screenshots episode 3:

Last edited by Secca; 2004-06-10 at 16:29.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 16:16   Link #288
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Can't wait for the next episode. Even the cliffhangers leave a smile on my face.
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-10, 16:32   Link #289
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Spoiler for episode 3:
Edit: Listening to the voice. lol I think the boy who hired Jin, Sousuke's voice is Forte san from Galaxy Angel.

And Sousuke's father, Keitaro's voice is Hokage Sarutobi's voice from Naruto. ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-06-10 at 18:33.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 17:20   Link #290
italidesign

I can't believe the license was snatched before it even aired in Japan... I hope this show will be dubbed just as well or better than Cowboy Bebop. And it's the same qaulity too. I definitely will by the collection provided it's done well and uncut...
italidesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 17:24   Link #291
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by italidesign
I can't believe the license was snatched before it even aired in Japan... I hope this show will be dubbed just as well or better than Cowboy Bebop. And it's the same qaulity too. I definitely will by the collection provided it's done well and uncut...
It's not that hard to believe, it was announced at the same time as R.O.D. -The TV- (also before it aired).

Just for the record, but 99.999% of all licenses in the last 7-8 years are available uncut. Edits are only made for television, the DVDs aren't.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 18:29   Link #292
italidesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
It's not that hard to believe, it was announced at the same time as R.O.D. -The TV- (also before it aired).

Just for the record, but 99.999% of all licenses in the last 7-8 years are available uncut. Edits are only made for television, the DVDs aren't.
I'm not so big on anime news all the time. It just was a new concept to me for a show to be snatched up like that.

I'm glad that its all uncut.
italidesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-11, 18:31   Link #293
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

That's not true. 4kids has yet to release a single series or movie on DVD that isn't butchered. So that statement is wrong. I'd say it's like 40% of all anime is released on DVD uncut. Of course this only applies to DVD's released in the states. 99.5% of all DVDs from Japan (aka R2 dvd's) are uncut or improved in quality.
Old 2004-06-11, 22:37   Link #294
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Watching and understanding episode 3, I would say that it is not a great adaptation of a concept or plot there (definitely taking its roots from Kurosawa's masterful Yojimbo). But the execution is so far good and interesting. This 1-part episode as a whole (it is a 2-parter though) is more entertaining than episode 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 06:24   Link #295
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

Samurai Champloo

oh god, i hate that rap intro, really really really bad rap. off tempo, crap beat, i guess it's just as cool to have bad english rap as to have japanese pop in the states. music sounds like....karaoke....bad karaoke.

....umm...anime's not bad.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 06:45   Link #296
Late
Peelo

There is already thread about this.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5909
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 14:10   Link #297
naninani

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray
oh god, i hate that rap intro, really really really bad rap. off tempo, crap beat, i guess it's just as cool to have bad english rap as to have japanese pop in the states. music sounds like....karaoke....bad karaoke.

....umm...anime's not bad.
wat are u talking about the song is great haha :fingers:
naninani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 15:50   Link #298
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

wow, didn't even notice it was licensed. my bad.

song still sucks :fingers:
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 16:20   Link #299
Shaheed79

Coming from a huge fan of groups like Tribe, Slum Village and Little Brother I must say that I like the beat of the OP but the lyrics are way below par. Now as far as the OST during the show I love it. In fact after hearing that song they played when Mugen sparred with the Gouki lookalike I decided that I was gonna buy it.
Shaheed79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-12, 19:17   Link #300
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
Can we stop talking about the song already. Its been discussed to death and only flames will come out of it. Some people like it some dont. Everyone has different tastes.
silentpixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical