AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-08-17, 16:15   Link #481
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I'm pretty sure they used actual native dutch seiyuu. I could be wrong, though!
My group is almost done episode 11, so look forward to it. I almost cried. >_>;;

It seems to me, that there IS going to be some kind of love triange. I was not really hoping for it, although my inner fangirl was. Fuu seems to like Jin, and Mugen likes Fuu, sort of thing. Man, this sucks. I hope episode 13 is good.

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2004-08-17, 17:15   Link #482
auriya

Fuu likes Jin? Awwww I thought Fuu and Mugen would make the cutest couple! Too bad...besides, I somehow can't see Fuu and Jin as a couple. In fact, I can't see Jin being in love with anyone, period.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-17, 22:24   Link #483
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I tought Jin like Mugen.

Well at least that's the impression I get when Jin said to Mugen, "...remember...only I can kill you..." Before he go out to fight the crazy Chinese guy. ^^

I think that's a subtle way for Jin to tell Mugen that he need him. What would he do without Mugen? ♡♡ ^^

Last edited by Secca; 2004-08-17 at 23:28.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 00:47   Link #484
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
well, it's not for sure..

Spoiler for episode 11 and rant:

Oh, and Secca. Mugen does make the comment that he's glad Jin was going to buy a woman, since he never showed any interest in them, and was scared that he was a "homo" or something. "Thank god. I'm relieved" XD

I also don't get why in episode 10 she said to Mugen "I need you to help me look for the Samurai who smells like sunflowers" and she also says it to Jin in this one. Um, I'm pretty sure you only need one bodygaurd/person to help you, you selfish bitch. I mean, why should you have two cute, strong guys to yourself?!? *end rant*
Old 2004-08-19, 05:20   Link #485
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
Oh, and Secca. Mugen does make the comment that he's glad Jin was going to buy a woman, since he never showed any interest in them, and was scared that he was a "homo" or something. "Thank god. I'm relieved" XD
awww, I guess it's all just in my head, I'll go write a manga about Jin and Mugen only or something, forget Fuu. XD
Old 2004-08-19, 08:17   Link #486
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

hey, someone recommended Samurai Champloo to me. Can anyone tell me what it is about?
Old 2004-08-19, 14:28   Link #487
rorosama

I always figured mugen kinda had a crush on fuu. the fuu likes jin thing blew me away though! Hate to do this but they remind me of team 7 in naruto. All seem to hate each other but love each other in there own little ways. Mugen, jin, and fuu seem like that to me.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 14:57   Link #488
rman0099
On my nut

I think the real love story in this show is gonna be between Mugen and his fighting beetle. LOL. You gotta admire a guy who trains a beetle instead of getting a job. Although tieing a rock to a beetle is a job all in itself.

And to reply to the guy 1 above. Here is Champloo in a nutshell:

Mugen is a fierce animal like warrior with a unique break-dance inspired fighting style. Jin has a more traditional style but don’t think of this as a weakness because his skills are amazing. The two contrasting samurai warriors are far from friends, yet their separate paths seem to cross anyways. Mugen is wandering aimlessly through the woods when he stumbles upon a teahouse where he meets Jin and Fuu (A ditzy waitress, but don‘t think she doesn‘t have any hidden skills of her own). Fuu convinces them both to come with her in search of a mysterious samurai that smells like sunflowers and their journey begins. This modernized hip-hop tale breaks the barriers of the common, historical, samurai anime.

(Taken from animenewsnetwork.com)

Yeah I know I took this from somwhere but I'm too lazy to come up with my own version.....
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 19:44   Link #489
Sir Baka

I couldn't stop laughing when Mugen and Fuu where talking and all you could see was his beetle trying to get from A to B with that rock tied to it.

BTW MidoriShinobi, is your avater from SC? It looks like Mugen, and if it is, what episode is it from?
Old 2004-08-19, 20:00   Link #490
donna8157

Yeah, Midori Shinobi's avatar is from Ep 10 when Mugen is high. Hehe.

Anyway, so there is a love triangle between the three of them, though Fuu's love for Jin seems to come randomly since nothing really was said about it beforehand. =/
Old 2004-08-20, 11:31   Link #491
veracromil

Send a message via AIM to veracromil
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
Yeah, Midori Shinobi's avatar is from Ep 10 when Mugen is high. Hehe.
It really was amusing watching everyone get high huh? Man, that was funny.
veracromil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 11:36   Link #492
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Fuu liking Jin didn't surprise me all that much... it's a common Asian stereotype: Girl falls for the quiet/brooding/strong guy. The relationship between Mugen and Fuu's a little different, though, as I feel Mugen likes Fuu more than Fuu likes Mugen back.
ChoBaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 15:11   Link #493
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoBaka
Fuu liking Jin didn't surprise me all that much... it's a common Asian stereotype: Girl falls for the quiet/brooding/strong guy. The relationship between Mugen and Fuu's a little different, though, as I feel Mugen likes Fuu more than Fuu likes Mugen back.
I agree but I hope the series doesn't explore that too much or get too emotional. A love triangle could ruin the flow and take the show out of its context. But we shall have to wait and see the direction. *Pateintly waits for 12*
Homer: Batman's a scientist?!
Old 2004-08-20, 15:56   Link #494
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoBaka
I doubt it's just the "Asian stereotype"... I mean, on one hand you have a crazy psycho who looks (and acts) like a monkey, on the other hand a handsome, intelligent, well-mannered perfect incarnation of all things a good man should be. I think the choice is obvious
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 16:01   Link #495
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I doubt it's just the "Asian stereotype"... I mean, on one hand you have a crazy psycho who looks (and acts) like a monkey, on the other hand a handsome, intelligent, well-mannered perfect incarnation of all things a good man should be. I think the choice is obvious
*laughs* Very well said; I was thinking the same thing. Not that I don't like Mugen, but it's easy to see why Fuu would go for Jin. Maybe he reminds her of her sunflower samurai or something.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:15   Link #496
auriya

Every one of the characters has the worst luck in love. Fuu in ep 7 and Jin in ep 11 fall in love with people they meet, but it doesn't work out. Every pretty (and slutty) woman Mugen has met, has poisoned him.

Ep 11 made me like Jin so much more. He's so stoic most of the time, it's nice to see he has emotions.

I'm annoyed that thus far Samurai Champloo is still this episodic. I like the craziness and the randomness and so on, but it could be so much better with a strong plot instead of this vague travelling all over Japan. What're they planning to do, just walk around until Fuu smells her sunflower-scented samurai somewhere? I mean, each episode is well done, but it would be nice if I felt that they were making some real progress. Bleh. Maybe it's just me.
auriya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:48   Link #497
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

who did fuu fall in love with? the theif? that wasn't love..

anyways this is the first time I've laughed at mugens antics. That beetle thing was hilarious. Jin being in love.. poor guy. Then he pays to bang her. Some love huh lol

I was surprised mugen gave him the money, very uncharacteristic of him. I also don't think mugen is in love with fu, he probably just wants to sleep with her.
Old 2004-08-20, 19:56   Link #498
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
What're they planning to do, just walk around until Fuu smells her sunflower-scented samurai somewhere?
Lmao, Fuu is a smell detector? ^^

And they just wandering around until Fuu caught something?
Old 2004-08-20, 23:06   Link #499
Kaoru
Pirate Girl Nyuu

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaoru
I just finished reading this article on ANN about champloo's broadcast:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5375

If this turns out to be true, I wonder if the other station will restart Champloo from the beginning?
As much as I love to watch the eps more than once, I want to see the story progress now that we're into to it half way through.

Btw, episode 11 made me fawn over Jin more than ever. ^^ Great episode. Long live the beetle.

## Sladism -- All Your Bunny Are Belong To Us ##

Last edited by Kaoru; 2004-08-21 at 00:51. Reason: I have such horrible grammar ><
Kaoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-21, 00:24   Link #500
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
I was surprised mugen gave him the money, very uncharacteristic of him.
Actually its very characteristic of Mugen. He gave Jin the money for a woman. If there was any one thing that Mugen would give someone money for it would be a woman. Mugen also used the line "It saved me" refering to him believing Jin was gay and now Mugen wouldn't have to deal with Jin hitting on him. Just for that reason alone Mugen was probably happy to hand over the money.

And besides, what does he care; he has the strongest beetle in Japan!! He can get all the money he needs from kabuto sumo.
Homer: Batman's a scientist?!

Tags
action, historical