AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-02-03, 12:01   Link #661
whitewater_81
...sigh...
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.O.S Brigade Clubroom
Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
BWAHAHA!I'ma bump this thread for SC's awesomeness!!

lol...no really i just wanna say i just finished it and it was really awesome.Yeah I'm waaaay too late i know.Just wanna know the reactions of the one's who've finished this already and saw this thread again after a long time.....*sigh*..I really wish it was longer though.26 eps. isn't really enough for this masterpiece.. Well,anyway,hope more animes like this comes around.
__________________
whitewater_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:40   Link #662
Isaak
Anime preferred
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belgium
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewater_81 View Post
BWAHAHA!I'ma bump this thread for SC's awesomeness!!

lol...no really i just wanna say i just finished it and it was really awesome.Yeah I'm waaaay too late i know.Just wanna know the reactions of the one's who've finished this already and saw this thread again after a long time.....*sigh*..I really wish it was longer though.26 eps. isn't really enough for this masterpiece.. Well,anyway,hope more animes like this comes around.
Well, I was quite satisfied that there were 26 episodes, more would have been better as long as they don't overdo it. You should try re-watching it after a certain period, it can still be quite amusing .
Isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:46   Link #663
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
SC thread i love this show especially the ending it was nmber obne in my book but i would love a sequal
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 01:52   Link #664
Twisted Reality
Is Neither Goth Nor Emo
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Mugen would hump almost any woman, as long as he finds her attractive, but I think with your friend is probably right -- Mugen did not really regard Fuu as a "woman". Rather, he seems to have treated her like a little sister. He wasn't dumb. Somewhere along the way, he probably realised that Fuu had a crush on him, but he chose not to act upon it. Why? I think it's probably because he knew it was a harmless teenage crush. It's sweet, but it's not quite the same as romantic passion (or lust).

So the fact that he never quite acted on his lust, where Fuu is concerned, actually says something about Mugen's character. On that level, he does at least have some sense of decency.
Wait? When did Fuu ever crush on Mugen? I always got the whole "brother/sister" vibe from the two of them. She crushed on Jin, but for the most part, Jin is married to his sword.
__________________
There are women who, however you may search them, prove to have no content but are purely masks. The man who associates with such almost spectral, necessarily unsatisfied beings is to be commiserated with, yet it is precisely they who are able to arouse the desire of the man most strongly: he seeks for her soul -- and goes on seeking.
-from Nietzsche's Human, all too Human, s.405, R.J. Hollingdale transl.

Big List of Anime Tropes
Flame Warriors Roster
Twisted Reality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 15:32   Link #665
Isaak
Anime preferred
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belgium
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Reality View Post
Wait? When did Fuu ever crush on Mugen? I always got the whole "brother/sister" vibe from the two of them. She crushed on Jin, but for the most part, Jin is married to his sword.
Did you even see the last episodes? You can see there that she fell in love with Mugen.
Isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 05:19   Link #666
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaak View Post
Did you even see the last episodes? You can see there that she fell in love with Mugen.
I don't know how people who have seen the last episodes can still be blind to the fact she fell in love with him in the end. (Even though she had a crush on Jin in the beginning.)

I think especially when he gave up his sword in exchange for her life. Yes, Jin would probably do that, but Jin is a good, moral person. He looks out for the disadvantaged. Mugen doesn't give a shit about anyone. It means more coming from a "demon".
__________________
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 08:39   Link #667
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
I don't know how people who have seen the last episodes can still be blind to the fact she fell in love with him in the end. (Even though she had a crush on Jin in the beginning.)
I disagree. It was merely puppy love on Fuu's part. She would probably have preferred to be with a person who had both Jin's manners and Mugen's manliness. In the end though, she probably regarded the both of them as older brothers and extra-special travelling companions. She was fairly possessive about the both of them, partly because she had a crush on the both of them at one time or another, and partly because she was afraid of being on her own.

That she was eventually willing to go her separate way in the end is a sign of her "growing up". By the end of the journey, her feelings for the both of them had become something more than romantic (it was never romantic in any case - both men regarded her as a little sister). Jin and Mugen are special to Fuu, but not in that way.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 11:24   Link #668
kauldron26
Med Student
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 30
also wasnt that woman waiting for Jin to come back for her at the temple?? didnt they promise to marry? That was my favorite episode. Thats an episode i show to my friends to introduce them to anime. That and Ballad of Fallen Angels from Cowboy Bebop
__________________
Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent -- Ayn Rand/Terry Goodkind
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 20:46   Link #669
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I disagree. It was merely puppy love on Fuu's part. She would probably have preferred to be with a person who had both Jin's manners and Mugen's manliness. In the end though, she probably regarded the both of them as older brothers and extra-special travelling companions. She was fairly possessive about the both of them, partly because she had a crush on the both of them at one time or another, and partly because she was afraid of being on her own.

That she was eventually willing to go her separate way in the end is a sign of her "growing up". By the end of the journey, her feelings for the both of them had become something more than romantic (it was never romantic in any case - both men regarded her as a little sister). Jin and Mugen are special to Fuu, but not in that way.
But when Jin offered to go with her, she said 「だって、ムゲンのやつが...」the reasonable word to add after that would be 好き, in my opinion. and explain why she hesitated to say it. And also why she apologized. "Because, Mugen, I love that guy..." they way the subtitles said "Mugen will" isn't really right because she OMITTED a word, and the sentence doesn't really make sense without knowing what she was going to say. That's why it seems so cryptic. And why Jin told him to go "Take care of Fuu."

I think she had a crush on Jin, but she was in love with Mugen. Fuu matured a lot during the course of their journey. And I don't think you can say they only regarded her as a little sister. 5 years is not THAT big of an age difference, and Fuu was obviously important enough to Mugen that he was willing to give up his life for her. He may have not have been sexually attracted to her, but I think it went beyond that. He wouldn't have given up his sword for any other girl, no matter how sexy she was.
__________________
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 21:24   Link #670
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
But when Jin offered to go with her, she said 「だって、ムゲンのやつが...」the reasonable word to add after that would be 好き, in my opinion. and explain why she hesitated to say it. And also why she apologized. "Because, Mugen, I love that guy..." they way the subtitles said "Mugen will" isn't really right because she OMITTED a word, and the sentence doesn't really make sense without knowing what she was going to say.
It's meant to be cryptic. She could have meant anything, not just "love". In my opinion, it's not romantic love, but a combination of many different emotions, hence her inability to say it outright.

Of course, it's up to interepretation. The Japanese, in particular, are fond of not completing their sentences to avoid passing negative comments, or when they feel that their intended meaning is obvious, so perhaps you are right - Fuu may be in love with Mugen. I simply feel, however, that it's more than "love" - it was something more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
5 years is not THAT big of an age difference, and Fuu was obviously important enough to Mugen that he was willing to give up his life for her. He may have not have been sexually attracted to her, but I think it went beyond that. He wouldn't have given up his sword for any other girl, no matter how sexy she was.
You're forgetting that Jin nearly died because of her as well, but crawled back up to save the day in the end. So, it's not as though Jin doesn't care about her either. As for how Fuu felt about Jin, don't you think it's fairly "obvious" too, when he agreed to leave with the blind shamisen player? She bawled her heart out when he left without a single protest.

Nope, in my opinion, both men regarded Fuu more as family than as romantic interest. Their relationship reminds me strongly of the trio of lead characters from the immensely popular J-drama Beach Boys, the show that catapaulted Ryoko Hirosue, Takashi Sorimachi (Mugen reminds me of him) and Yutaka Takenouchi to fame.

In other words, it's a popular convention in J-drama, it seems, ie, the "love triangle" that isn't really there. As such, I think it's easy to over-read Fuu's feelings for either men - the writers intended it that way. Because it's a surefire formula for capturing audience interest. If nothing else, it still manages to keep us guessing until now.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 01:37   Link #671
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
I never took it as romantic love, or at least full love. Just love of friends or family with maybe a tint of a crush.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 08:04   Link #672
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I never took it as romantic love, or at least full love. Just love of friends or family with maybe a tint of a crush.
Maybe it's because I'm a girl, and it's hard for a guy to understand. But I find it nearly impossible after Mugen coming for her that last time, especially when she thought "He doesn't care about any hostage." and so on, then giving up his sword.

"You make me cry, throwing your life away for that girl."

ANY GIRL would have fallen in love with him after that, I can almost guarantee it. Like I said, I guess it's hard for a man to understand a woman's feelings. You just don't understand at all. Sad.
__________________
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 08:15   Link #673
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
No offence, I think you're simply biased towards Mugen, that's all. I can probably find an equal number of girls who would fall head-over-heels for Jin, him stalking resolutely towards the assassin on the cliff, his long hair flying wildly in the wind, using his one last desperate technique -one that could have easily killed him- to save Fuu.

Personally, I think Mugen makes a great lover, but Jin is the better husband. But you're welcome to your preferences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotsuba
Maybe it's because I'm a girl, and it's hard for a guy to understand.
Ouch. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, and it's hard to find a girl who understands me. Hence, I'm celebrating Singles' Awareness Day today.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-14, 09:39   Link #674
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
No offence, I think you're simply biased towards Mugen, that's all. I can probably find an equal number of girls who would fall head-over-heels for Jin, him stalking resolutely towards the assassin on the cliff, his long hair flying wildly in the wind, using his one last desperate technique -one that could have easily killed him- to save Fuu.

Personally, I think Mugen makes a great lover, but Jin is the better husband. But you're welcome to your preferences.



Ouch. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, and it's hard to find a girl who understands me. Hence, I'm celebrating Singles' Awareness Day today.
That's not true at all! I like Jin too, I'm not bias. I'm just seeing it from a girl's perspective. I would have fallen for him too! But still, he's a lot more honorable, like I said. He also would have risked his life (and did) for Shino, but the fact Mugen is supposed to be heartless and a demon makes it nice.

Men really are touchy, aren't they... In any case, scenes from the manga like this one are too adorable!

Spoiler for I put it under here.:
__________________

Last edited by Yotsuba; 2008-02-14 at 10:02.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-04, 19:50   Link #675
deltakano
1つの愛
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I just finished watching Samurai Champloo. It is quite impressive even though the story wasn't the best due to some filler episodes. It wasn't as "epic" as Cowboy Bebop even though it carried the same vibe. (ie. bittersweet ending)

You guys do realize that Fuu is only 15-16 when their journey "ends." The ending was appropriate and wasn't a happily-ever-after ending because these people only spent a year max with each other in search of the sunflower samurai.

We all wanted to see Fuu confess to Jin or Mugen because we became emotionally attached to them.

In my opinion, Fuu's "romantic desire" for both characters was just a twist by the producers to get some of the "love" feel you always see in EVERY anime series.

It was fun while it lasted and makes a great addition to my library of anime.
deltakano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 20:44   Link #676
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: USA
Fuu is kind of an idiot, so I don't take her love seriously ~ !

Kidding... but still, I think she never seriously loved either. One or the other might have loved her seriously (not sure) but I don't think it goes the other way.
__________________

You've got to run like an antelope, out of control ~ !
phishn37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 23:32   Link #677
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
It has been a while since i last laughed like i did with the eating contest (episode 6).

Spoiler for Epic laughter moments:


As a comedy this is definitly in my top list with seto no hanayome and fmp.
Im still at episode 6 but i get the feeling the plot wont be as good as the comedy or artistic animation or even the original music but...
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 18:39   Link #678
Berlin
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the Milkyway!
What was up with Ep. 22?
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 23:58   Link #679
GreatTeacherKen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: California
The most logical explanation I can think for that episode is that the characters hallucinated the whole thing after eating the mushrooms.

Truthfully, I think the animation studio just wanted to make a horror-themed episode for the fun of it.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 12:54   Link #680
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
i love the ending of this one all of their past burdens seems resolved or detached from them, and they go on with their separate ways but you can tell that their a high chance of them being reunited again
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, historical

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.