AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

Old 2004-08-31, 18:21   Link #201
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
My mom points of view over anime : "Stop watching your kiddy cartoons!" *sighs* Well you have a cool mom!
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-31, 19:47   Link #202
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

well, shiori's the best character
maybe because of her spirit, her shroud, or maybe just the way she acted

the anime had cool watercolor snow effects, though
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 06:18   Link #203
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Ive just finished watching the first six episodes now, and im waiting for the special and last few episodes so i can finish it off

So far im really into it, its not as good as KGNE or KMUS but its still a good one. I'm liking Mia, sword weilding silent beauties mmmm she can have me any time and stuff the wife :P

I love this style of anime, its not all hack n slash, blood and guts or fanservice, it actually has a decent story behind it. I found it to have a similar line to Mizuiro. Looking forward to the last few episodes
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 10:03   Link #204
Mcdonalds

woah mate, don't judge it until the end!. Seriously though, this is my favourite romance out of all the ones i've seen (well just KGNE and midori no hibi will have to watch da capo soon though). I thought it was the last 4 eps which made this anime a great for me. KGNE imo just got messy towards the end and ended badly.
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 02:11   Link #205
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

This is up there with KGNE for me, i loved both. Waiting for the special now, hopefully it should finish soon. I thought the ending was a bit rushed, i was expecting them to make more out of him going to the hospital to see Ayu, but then rushing at the end is nothing new

All in all i really enjoyed this, shame Nayuki still ended up getting hurt, she was sweet. Tho Mia is still my fave. Im, a little supprised that this wasnt licensed by now, though the same goes for KGNE, but since it wasnt i get an awsome series to watch
Old 2004-10-06, 02:36   Link #206
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I liked Makoto and Ayu the most; their storylines were heart-wrenching for me.

Taliesin, I recommend Da Capo if you liked Kanon.
Oh, and almost everyone I've talked to says Air is much better than Kanon, so be sure to check that out once it's aired.
Old 2004-10-06, 04:28   Link #207
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
I liked Makoto and Ayu the most; their storylines were heart-wrenching for me.

Taliesin, I recommend Da Capo if you liked Kanon.
Oh, and almost everyone I've talked to says Air is much better than Kanon, so be sure to check that out once it's aired.
I had a serieously large lump in my throat with the Makoto and Shiori story lines. I was really disapointed with the Kazahana special though, it seemed like a pointless epsidoe, unless it was an opening for another season. It was nice they brought Makoto back, but it seemed like such a wasted episode, unlike the others.

I'll have a peek at Da Capo, a few people i know have said its a good one, so we'll see what we see
Old 2004-10-06, 13:52   Link #208
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
I had a serieously large lump in my throat with the Makoto and Shiori story lines. I was really disapointed with the Kazahana special though, it seemed like a pointless epsidoe, unless it was an opening for another season. It was nice they brought Makoto back, but it seemed like such a wasted episode, unlike the others.
It was simply an extra episode you got as a bonus for ordering all the DVDs, nothing more. More like fan service (not that kind of service -_-) than anything else.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 22:39   Link #209
problemedchild
ô_ô

Nayuki>all
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 23:32   Link #210
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I do find one thing very interesting about this series. My mother loved it to death, but all I heard her doing was whine, moan, complain all the way through ep 10 and she kept asking me, "When's it gonna get better? huh?" Then 11-13 came around and suddenly she understood 1-10 and THEN she liked it a LOT. hehe. I admit it helps to know the culture before watching this series, but for an outsider who doesn't understand the culture yet, it was depressing to hear her say that 1-10 sucked, but I guess her saying that the whole series rocked once she saw 11-13 and 1-10 suddenly made sence.
Old 2004-10-12, 07:20   Link #211
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Which story arc hit you the most?

For me it was definatly Shiroi/Kaori arc, the ending for that left me with a lump the size of an apple in my throat.

I loved the Ayu arc aswell, it was a shame they rushed episode 13, i thought that could of been made into another hour special to have a really amazing ending. I thought Ayu looked cute with long hair she looks horid with the short hair though heheh

As for the supernatural stuff, Yuuichi made it all happen (excluding the Shiori arc). When he lived there 7 years ago he had played with all the main girls and made promises to each. But he forgot them when he moved away. When he came back stuff happened.

Would be amazing if there was another season, or an OVA or something, just to tie up a few things.
Old 2004-10-13, 10:10   Link #212
Diaphanus
Usor Linguae Latinae

I really liked Kanon. My favorite characters are Ayu (Angelica Puella) and Mai (Gladiaria Puella)! I do like the other main girls: Shiori (Aegra Puella/Salva Puella), Nayuki (Nivea Puella), and Makoto (Vulpina Puella)!

I enjoyed all of the episodes!

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayearth
Or just get over the general fact - Anime is fiction, not everything has to make sense :P
That's true, but there is also the concept of suspension of disbelief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
While rarely used as most people write Kanon in katakana, a special promo CD that came with the game has the following kanji for Kanon: 華音 which translates to "floral sound."

On the other hand, many also say the theme of the game was created to the great music of Pachelbel's "Kanon" hence the title stuck with it.
I like how the German word and the Japanese word are relevant to music.
Old 2004-10-19, 20:22   Link #213
ultrataro

Interesting. & I thought the title was maybe a reference to Budhist Kanon. I'm not really up on it, but I think Kanon was a Bodhisatva often thought to be female and was associated with compassion. But then i think this was originally a H dating game so maybe not?
Anyway, I agree w/other assesments that begining seemed fairly typical and then the ending turned it up a notch & made this show different. My take on it is that the dude needs to see a shrink His brain is doing some seriously funky things to him.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-19, 22:07   Link #214
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
From everything2.com, a canon(kanon) is:

A musical passage in which the melody (or theme) is repeated by one or more voices at a different interval of pitch and/or time. It is the strictest form of counterpoint -- both the rhythm and content must be duplicated. Canons involve the concept of contrapuntal inversion -- two melodic themes playing simultaneously with either or both of the voices singing the bass part for the other.

Symbolically, this may mean that each of the girls contribute their version of the overall story... or... it's talking about the different incantations of Ayu

Though I do see a trend there with the music
Kanon - Pachelbel's Kanon (or simply any canon for taht matter)
Air - Air on the G String by Bach
Clannad - an Irish musical group
This explanation is how I've interpreted it, although originally I thought it might refer to Kanon, the god of mercy (one of the gods of luck)--which seems slightly thematically appropriate, too, if still likely incorrect.
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 07:26   Link #215
IcY^Dr3aMzZ
^-^V

Hi
I just finish watching Kanon these few days but i find something weird abt the anime(i don't mean the story). They mention something abt 90min special in a few episode's "next episode's preview", but the duration of the following ep isnt 90min.Issit that the fansub had cut it short??
IcY^Dr3aMzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 08:03   Link #216
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcY^Dr3aMzZ
Hi
I just finish watching Kanon these few days but i find something weird abt the anime(i don't mean the story). They mention something abt 90min special in a few episode's "next episode's preview", but the duration of the following ep isnt 90min.Issit that the fansub had cut it short??
They might be referring to the OVA, Have you sdeen that one allready, it's called kanon Kazahana and should still be up for dl.

7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 09:15   Link #217
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Hi

I think they're refering to the few episodes that aired back to back. For the most part it was one a week (i think), but on 2 occasions they had 2 or 3 episodes running back to back, hence the 90 mins. The way it was subbed though doesnt really show it.

Still an awsome show, and one of my faves ive got this on my mobile theater now along with a few other good ones
Old 2004-10-24, 19:58   Link #218
IcY^Dr3aMzZ
^-^V

Talking

Oh i see..thanx guys!!
I've watched kazahana..n i agree tat its a goooood anime!!!
IcY^Dr3aMzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 20:45   Link #219
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Oh i see..thanx guys!!
I've watched kazahana..n i agree tat its a goooood anime!!!
kazahana was terible i thought, okay it was nice they broght Makoto back, but beyond that it was a wasted episode i thought, raised more questions than anything else.

Really loved the original though, definatly one of my all time faves.
Old 2004-10-24, 21:18   Link #220
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
kazahana was terible i thought, okay it was nice they broght Makoto back, but beyond that it was a wasted episode i thought, raised more questions than anything else.

Really loved the original though, definatly one of my all time faves.
Aye, I'd have to agree with you there. Kazahana didn't have any real meaning what's however and was only made so fans would buy Kanon merchendise to get the Kazahana DVD.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, magic, romance, school life, seinen, toei