AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kanon

Notices

Old 2004-11-24, 20:23   Link #241
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

bleh , one season of Ayu was enough
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-25, 16:34   Link #242
Junioranimdrawer

Aww! How mean! LMAO! >.< *^_^* lol Soooo.... Yeah..... Another season, i think would be GrEaT!
*^_^* lol Yup Tis me!
Junioranimdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 00:23   Link #243
Marine-RX179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
I sooooo want games like this, KGNE and a load of others. Why why why cant they bring over to the states at least, if they did that i could then at least get them, even if delivery takes 3 months heheh
The thing about h-game is that they are classed as 'strategic materials' (yea, when I first heard I was like...WTF? as well....by strategic materials do they mean they are afraid that the game will give us tips in stealing their women? lol) and by law in Japan, they are not allow to be sold to outside of Japan.
The only way to get them is to have someone AT JAPAN, buy the games and import them to other countries. You may easily find h-games on Amazon.co.jp, but they clearly state that they will not be sold to customers from outside of Japan.
Since its already such a big fuss over the original Japanese version, don't expect to see English versions for those games reaching the light of day.
Once there was a h-game which the story was in Japanese text (as expected), but some Chinese people (unofficial of course) translated the text created a patch which simply by installing it, it will automatically change all the Japanese text into Chinese. In theory the same can be done for English.....but the question is would there be people be bother to do such hard work without being paid...
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 02:00   Link #244
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

there will definitely not be a second season of Kanon, unless Key somehow decides to produce a Kanon 2... but then the anime version of Key's next big game, AIR, is about to come out next year
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 22:51   Link #245
Wraith
Viewtiful Forever

Send a message via AIM to Wraith Send a message via MSN to Wraith
I watched all of Kanon in the past week. Quite moved by the story. I was really sad in the last few eps when it was focusing on Nayuki and her situation. I nearly cried.

Glad Jun was there for comic relief. Without that, I would have been a wreck by the end.
Old 2004-12-11, 22:58   Link #246
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500 Send a message via Skype™ to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
I watched all of Kanon in the past week. Quite moved by the story. I was really sad in the last few eps when it was focusing on Nayuki and her situation. I nearly cried.

Glad Jun was there for comic relief. Without that, I would have been a wreck by the end.
umm, yeah, the story was touching, and believe it or not, I cried a lot when I watched it (especially the last few eps). I think I should watch Kanon again (this will be the second time; I just started watching it last week, and I had heard of it for two years! )
Old 2004-12-11, 23:52   Link #247
Diedrupo

forget about amazon.co.jp, you can buy h-games from shop.himeya.com - and they DO take requests. I requested an obscure h game, shiroi hebi no yoru, and they went and bought it for me.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 01:06   Link #248
Thelastguardian

You could pick up a translation patch of the whole game; that is, if you know chinese - It was done by chinese who are "touch by the storyline and wants to share it with everyone (TLG adds- that are chinese )".
Old 2006-01-16, 16:06   Link #249
DanielSong39

I was a bit confused by the ending... wasn't Yuuichi supposed to get together with Nayuki? Nayuki was by far the best developed female character in the anime - and unless I'm mistaken, she was the title character in the game, as well.

As far Ayu - is she even human?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 19:50   Link #250
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ayu AFAIK has always been the lead character of the game. Well, it's her who appears in the box I saw.

Spoiler for Just being careful with 56kers:

And yes, Nayuki is the one with the most screen time. Yes, IMO it's her who should win. And god@$@#$@#, she's 10000x cuter than Ayu.

That being said, the final episodes STILL moved me to tears. While I haven't seen Nayuki's ending, or any of the other girls for the matter since I don't know jack about japanese, I find it hard to believe that it would top the ending of the anime and maybe that's the reason why they chose Ayu's ending. I for one, am glad they did, since from reading a REALLY short synopsis of Nayuki's ending, I doubt I would've cried.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 21:09   Link #251
DanielSong39

I'm pretty sure there's a cover featuring Nayuki as well. The most common cover is the twin-bill featuring both characters. The fact that Nayuki appears first, is the best developed female character, arguably has the most involving story, and has the most screen time all seemed to imply that she was the actual main character in the game.

Then again, the point of these games is to be able to chose your lead... in that sense, I suppose there is no true "lead".
Old 2006-01-16, 21:11   Link #252
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
I was a bit confused by the ending... wasn't Yuuichi supposed to get together with Nayuki? Nayuki was by far the best developed female character in the anime - and unless I'm mistaken, she was the title character in the game, as well.

As far Ayu - is she even human?
Any good anime keeps you guessing right up the end who's going to win.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 23:43   Link #253
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
The fact that Nayuki appears first, is the best developed female character, arguably has the most involving story, and has the most screen time all seemed to imply that she was the actual main character in the game.
Now if that were true all the time, I wouldn't have had problems with Shuffle either. XD

But seriously though, I see Ayu more than Nayuki in promotional stuff from Key. In one calendar (was it?), it was Misuzu from Air, Nagisa from Clannad, and you guessed it, Ayu from Kanon in the front. I also vaguely remember an older picture from KEY that included Misuzu and Ayu, but had Mizuka from ONE also. So I always had thought that Ayu was the lead of Kanon.
Old 2006-01-17, 01:55   Link #254
DanielSong39

Ayu is promoted more because she is the more popular character, plus she ended up with Yuuichi in the anime.

Multi is more popular than Akari, and Tamaki is more popular than Konomi - but let's face it; Akari is the lead in To Heart, while Konomi is the lead in To Heart 2.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:36   Link #255
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
And yes, Nayuki is the one with the most screen time. Yes, IMO it's her who should win. And god@$@#$@#, she's 10000x cuter than Ayu.
No way she is in no way cuter than Ayu.

Ayu=win. She is one of the most popular visual novel girl ever. Her end is the true ending ^-^.

Naiyuki's story isn't very sad if you ask me...
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-17, 23:22   Link #256
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsong39
Multi is more popular than Akari, and Tamaki is more popular than Konomi - but let's face it; Akari is the lead in To Heart, while Konomi is the lead in To Heart 2.
Popularity does not always equal more promotion. Who was it they spoofed in Comic Party Revolution? Konomi no less.

Still though, ask anyone who played Kanon, and they'll still say Ayu is the lead. The majority of b-game based anime has their ending matching those of the game's lead, and I very much doubt Kanon is an exception. But if you still don't believe me, go over to Haeleth.net and ask there, as you won't find a bigger group of die hard Kanon fans under one forum.
Old 2006-01-18, 02:53   Link #257
DanielSong39

I've checked out a few more resources... it really looks like 50-50 to me. Ayu is probably the more popular character, but Nayuki is at least as prominent as Ayu in the game - if not more so.

It looks like we're in for the same kind of debate in Canvas 2 - tough to decide whether Kiri or Elis is the lead girl.
Old 2006-01-18, 03:10   Link #258
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
I've checked out a few more resources... it really looks like 50-50 to me. Ayu is probably the more popular character, but Nayuki is at least as prominent as Ayu in the game - if not more so.

It looks like we're in for the same kind of debate in Canvas 2 - tough to decide whether Kiri or Elis is the lead girl.
It's been so long since I've played through Kanon, but if I remember correctly, I had the distinct impression (while playing through the game) that Ayu was a default heroine. This was fine with me since Ayu's route was my first choice and still very unforgettable.

Gamewise, In Canvas2, Kiri has the upperhand as she appears first in a brief flashback. Mah.. it doesn't matter much since I am a Hagino/Saya fan ^^;

Now that I think about it, Ayu is one of the very few default heroines I play through on the first time... rare...
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-18, 03:53   Link #259
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

I think you're all forgetting about the important character here, which is Shiori. She got mightily screwed over in the anime though.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-18, 07:23   Link #260
Imion
Bakabakabaka! >_<

Well... personaly I think it neither Ayu nor Nayuki should have "won".

I'd rather chose Mai over them all... but hey, what do I know?

(Except for her beeing the best and cutest character in this series of course)
Imion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, magic, romance, school life, seinen, toei