AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-31, 06:01   Link #201
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
YAY!! Hanakimi. <3 Mimi_girl use to watch that drama huh? Anyway its nice:



And the siggies are just pretty amazing.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 19:48   Link #202
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Mmm, I have to say, I like the text. Oh, and nice render placement. But I don't know. It looks somewhat odd....It could be that her head blends in too much with the bg. Oh, the line thing going across the sig, looks a bit weird. Making it ending just before the render and just after the text would look nice. It looks good, but something is not right. Nice job overall anyways, I like it.

EDIT: Wooo! 200th post.
yay! 200th! ^_^ Okay, well I tried to fix the things you pointed out, hopefully you notice them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
YAY!! Hanakimi. <3 Mimi_girl use to watch that drama huh? Anyway its nice:



And the siggies are just pretty amazing.
Thank you konstar-chan Yeah, Toma Ikuta from HanaKimi = cutie!

Alright, after taking kasumi-chan's tips and also the remarks from the april sotm thread, here is my outcome, first
Spoiler for Original for comparison:

Edited one:

Comments appreciated as usual~
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 19:52   Link #203
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
It's a really nice sig. A little too bright and overlycontrasted in some places. The foreground and backround seem to blend in a bit too well but that's all right with me. A really nice sig overall.
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:02   Link #204
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 11
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Good job on the Signature, the light source is too bright and the color doesn't really go well. Yellow? Red-Yellow.
Quote:
A really nice sig overall.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 02:03   Link #205
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Edited one:

Comments appreciated as usual~
I Like This Sig ...Look Very Good For SOTM ^.^
Good Work on Marina-Chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Edit:

Toma Ikuta (HanaKimi)
Now You Made one For Oguri Shun & Toma Ikuta ....Need Also Matsumoto Jun Avatar
Nice Work on The Ava Marina-Chan ^.^
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 05:46   Link #206
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I think Red-Yellow does goes pretty well. In fact I don't see ant difference of the siggies at all. :/
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 15:49   Link #207
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
It's a really nice sig. A little too bright and overlycontrasted in some places. The foreground and backround seem to blend in a bit too well but that's all right with me. A really nice sig overall.
Thanks, yeah, I'm still working on the 'overly contrasted' parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Good job on the Signature, the light source is too bright and the color doesn't really go well. Yellow? Red-Yellow.
I shall heartily disagree about that opinion of red and yellow, hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Like This Sig ...Look Very Good For SOTM ^.^
Good Work on Marina-Chan

Now You Made one For Oguri Shun & Toma Ikuta ....Need Also Matsumoto Jun Avatar
Nice Work on The Ava Marina-Chan ^.^
I'll get around to making a jun avi sometime, I just need to hunt down a good image for it. I'm also glad you like the sig ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
I think Red-Yellow does goes pretty well. In fact I don't see ant difference of the siggies at all. :/
Well, if you look carefully, you'll notice that I put more of a distinction between the back of her head and the background. I also lessened the shadows in the right since it was a bit much in the original version. Also darkened her eyes and the text a little.

Anyways, I'm working on a second sig for the april sotm:

It's definitely not finished. I feel that something is lacking, either around her or around the bottom right corner, so I haven't added several layers yet. Opinions would be appreciated!
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 21:53   Link #208
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: USA
Age: 21
Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Do I see..? darn I forgot his name lol



^He is my favorite character in Hanakimi. Gorgeous avatar because he's gorgeous <3
__________________
xxmimixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 22:37   Link #209
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I'll get around to making a jun avi sometime, I just need to hunt down a good image for it. I'm also glad you like the sig ^_^
Yey ...You Gonna Make My Jun-Kun Avatar..

Anyway About The Sig...I Don't Know I Liked The First Sig
But if it isn't Finished yet Can't Wait to See Finished ^.^
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 20:48   Link #210
Hakuryu
Klutz
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: California
Age: 22
Spammin' your thread to say congratz on your 3rd box Marina-chan. ^^
__________________
Hakuryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 22:32   Link #211
Shana
Senior Member
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Over there.
Send a message via MSN to Shana
Yeah, me too ^^ I just noticed a few hours ago but I thought it was just me who thought you've been having that third box for a few months already

Congrats
Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 22:51   Link #212
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Congrats On Your Third Box Marina-Chan ^.^
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 23:07   Link #213
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Do I see..? darn I forgot his name lol



^He is my favorite character in Hanakimi. Gorgeous avatar because he's gorgeous <3
Name Toma Ikuta ^_^ The name is on the avi, but it IS hard to see I know, he's gorgeous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Yey ...You Gonna Make My Jun-Kun Avatar..

Anyway About The Sig...I Don't Know I Liked The First Sig
But if it isn't Finished yet Can't Wait to See Finished ^.^
I like the first one I made better too, I seem to make a habit of this: making multiple sigs, but I put all my effort in the first one and sortof fizz out on the ones following it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Spammin' your thread to say congratz on your 3rd box Marina-chan. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Yeah, me too ^^ I just noticed a few hours ago but I thought it was just me who thought you've been having that third box for a few months already

Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Congrats On Your Third Box Marina-Chan ^.^
Thank you all ^_^ Was quite a pleasure to see it when I logged in
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 03:09   Link #214
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24
Gratz on your third box!

Nice font on your newest siggie.
<-- Loves century gothic or any rounded simple font.

Anyways, the twigs/branches just seem a little overdone. No, wait - I think I worded that wrongly. All I was meant to say is lower the opacity of the twiggy branches on the right side. And I absolutely love her eyes, so maybe putting a small light source near the sake, and make the light reflect a bit in her eyes? It'll maybe work effective, maybe not. It has a sort of weird sense of depth going on. There is some depth, but maybe not enough. What i'm pointing out isn't really what it lacks, but what I think it could use. Overall, it's a very interesting signature.

Nice job with it, keep it up!

EDIT: Here is an example of what I meant with the eye thinggy -
__________________


Last edited by KasumiGirl; 2008-04-07 at 03:36.
KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 05:46   Link #215
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
What do you all mean by third box?????

@Marina oh now I see a little bit of a difference. XD ONe is more lighter then the other.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 05:58   Link #216
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
What do you all mean by third box?????
Oh, it means that Marina-chan finally could stack three boxes on top of one another.
W00t!

No, im kidding. We are talking about the rep boxes. You know, the green boxes under your avatar.
__________________

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 06:01   Link #217
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Wow.. you and KG both on 3rd boxes

I'm gonna lost by tomorrow at this rate

Omedetou~
__________________
This be the realest shit I ever wrote. ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-08, 20:40   Link #218
Tokie
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I like your color usage its very nice and i also love your dango daikazoku signature
Tokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 03:54   Link #219
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oosutoraria
Age: 24


Mind if I pinch that to use for awhile?
__________________

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 15:46   Link #220
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Gratz on your third box!

Nice font on your newest siggie.
<-- Loves century gothic or any rounded simple font.

Anyways, the twigs/branches just seem a little overdone. No, wait - I think I worded that wrongly. All I was meant to say is lower the opacity of the twiggy branches on the right side. And I absolutely love her eyes, so maybe putting a small light source near the sake, and make the light reflect a bit in her eyes? It'll maybe work effective, maybe not. It has a sort of weird sense of depth going on. There is some depth, but maybe not enough. What i'm pointing out isn't really what it lacks, but what I think it could use. Overall, it's a very interesting signature.

Nice job with it, keep it up!

EDIT: Here is an example of what I meant with the eye thinggy -
Ooh, yay for example! Gives me a better idea of what you meant kasumi, thanks for the tips ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post


Mind if I pinch that to use for awhile?
Sure go ahead!
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Marina oh now I see a little bit of a difference. XD ONe is more lighter then the other.
Mhm, mhm, and more definition between her head and the light~
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Wow.. you and KG both on 3rd boxes

I'm gonna lost by tomorrow at this rate

Omedetou~
Thank you ^_^ Hah! I doubt we'll catch up to you anytime soon, you're the cookie king, stuffed fat and happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokie View Post
I like your color usage its very nice and i also love your dango daikazoku signature
Thankies, I really do love dango: cute as tasty

Been too busy to work on sigs lately, but hopefully this weekend I'll update my thread! Thanks for the comments everyone

Edit:
Posting my fixed version of my sake sig -
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML

Last edited by Marina; 2008-04-11 at 20:03.
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatars, banners, signatures

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.