AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-04-12, 17:11   Link #221
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Double post:
I've been sortof paying attention to the International Saimoe league going-ons, and noticed they were having a banner contest. Now, I've never done a banner before, but I thought it'd be interesting to try:

V.1


V.2

(attk of the purple-people eater anyone? I know...lots of purple/pink)

I know they're nothing really special, but banners should be simpler than signatures, so I didn't want them to be too flashy and distract from the content on the website. Anyways, CnC is appreciated since I really am not sure about them~
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:25   Link #222
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
The banner is very nice. I had done banners before myself. Either for my forum or whatever.

*Go and checks forum website.*

Anyway, good job on it.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:33   Link #223
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Now, I've never done a banner before, but I thought it'd be interesting to try:
Hope to see you participate come the next banner contest!

Have to say that the banner looks a little too simple, though. >_< !
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 17:33   Link #224
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Nice banners. I prefer v2 more.
Now just stick on a render of Shana (who will ultimately reign supreme) and it's good to go.
__________________
BearShare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 00:11   Link #225
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
The banner is very nice. I had done banners before myself. Either for my forum or whatever.

*Go and checks forum website.*

Anyway, good job on it.
Thankies ^_^
You've made banners before? Do you have them posted on your thread?
*goes off to look*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Hope to see you participate come the next banner contest!

Have to say that the banner looks a little too simple, though. >_< !
I plan on participating
yes, simple.....hmmmmmm, just didn't want it to look too busy *>_< back*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearShare View Post
Nice banners. I prefer v2 more.
Now just stick on a render of Shana (who will ultimately reign supreme) and it's good to go.
HAH! Pfffft, another Shana supporter, huh? I'm more likely to stick on a render of Horo or Yuki!
Thanks for the comment~

A little change on the original:

V.3


And for a "day version" banner:


The logo in the bottom right is not done by me since it was the winning logo from a little while ago that I had to incorporate.
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 01:01   Link #226
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
A little change on the original:

V.3


And for a "day version" banner:
The change in the font size really helps the first banner, and the second one looks even better!

Are you planning on entering both banners in the competition?
__________________
Daniel E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 01:35   Link #227
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post

V.3


And for a "day version" banner:


The logo in the bottom right is not done by me since it was the winning logo from a little while ago that I had to incorporate.
Hey, Marina, Awesome job on the ISML banner, seriously.

I actually still prefer No. 1, mainly 'cause I prefer to see character faces in the banner when characters are included, but don't mind my opinion, I'm just a random guy.
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:26   Link #228
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 27
The pink logo as well as the "2008" is a bit hard to see imo. Not to found of how the pink logo looks either. Checking their site your allowed to make a logo of your own right? Iirc the previous Saimoe had a better logo.
__________________

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 06:40   Link #229
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago,IL, USA!!!!
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Thankies ^_^
You've made banners before? Do you have them posted on your thread?
*goes off to look*

Yup. For my myspace blog, but it looks a bit small to be a banner though.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 17:38   Link #230
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
The change in the font size really helps the first banner, and the second one looks even better!

Are you planning on entering both banners in the competition?
Yes I am ^_^ I figured it wouldn't hurt for them to have more to choose from!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Hey, Marina, Awesome job on the ISML banner, seriously.

I actually still prefer No. 1, mainly 'cause I prefer to see character faces in the banner when characters are included, but don't mind my opinion, I'm just a random guy.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I just really liked the idea of not being able to see the girl's face, just her flowing dress since the whole mystery is who the winner will be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
The pink logo as well as the "2008" is a bit hard to see imo. Not to found of how the pink logo looks either. Checking their site your allowed to make a logo of your own right? Iirc the previous Saimoe had a better logo.
I thought the logo part was still open too, but I asked and I guess that was the one chosen. I'll try to maybe darken the pink up a bit more to make it easier to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
Yup. For my myspace blog, but it looks a bit small to be a banner though.
Ahhh! I remember now, I have seen them. They just slipped my mind since I was thinking you were talking about the more "traditional" forum banner size ( if there is such a thing).

Thanks for the comments everyone ^_^ Now I must dedicate myself to this last week of sotm competition work! (which will more or less probably consist of me ho-ing and humming about the ones I already made)
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 22:09   Link #231
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Double-post!

A little siggy I worked on yesterday:

I know it's the wrong season, but hey, the render was begging to be used ^_^
CnC appreciated!
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 22:35   Link #232
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Did you somehow move a bit closer to the sun? Its very bright especially on top left >_<
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 23:09   Link #233
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Did you somehow move a bit closer to the sun? Its very bright especially on top left >_<
Hmmm, I see what you, mean. Do you think this is not so blindingly bright, yet still contains the light feel I wanted? :

Or should I tone it down even some more?
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 04:35   Link #234
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
Much better IMO..

btw, your avatar, her hand is a ghost hand..Look carefully as the kid's hand goes tru her hand
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 02:42   Link #235
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
@KiNa late reply, but yeah, I don't know she's swinging her arm through Mei's arm, but I guess she must be a ghost like you said

A campaign sig for Tama-chan of Bamboo blade ^_^

V.1


V.2 Voteless


Also chibi avatars:



All images used were taken from the Bamboo blade thread

Also on topic of May sotm, I have a couple of renders, and I especially want to use one of them. Just having a hard time creating it. Look forward to an update after this upcoming week is over and all papers/finals are finished!
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 02:46   Link #236
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Did you make those style of banner for moe tourney in 2007? I remembered when I start digital designing I tried the same thing, but it failed me hard. It cause me to stop photoshoping for 3 years... 3 years...

edit: If it is not you, can you tell me who started *this style* of banner?
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 02:51   Link #237
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Did you make those style of banner for moe tourney in 2007? I remembered when I start digital designing I tried the same thing, but it failed me hard. It cause me to stop photoshoping for 3 years... 3 years...

edit: If it is not you, can you tell me who started *this style* of banner?
I'm not sure who the original person was, but I think it was z3phyr.mp3, who also has a nice site of all his saimoe sigs
I figured out how to do the edges and stuff from the tutorials here on AS, fun stuff
__________________
My Anime Blog:
Anime B&B
Follow me on Twitter!
_________________
Visit my gallery
Sig: HSxHoneycomb
_________________

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 03:47   Link #238
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Flan-chan
Age: 12
Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I'm not sure who the original person was, but I think it was z3phyr.mp3, who also has a nice site of all his saimoe sigs
I figured out how to do the edges and stuff from the tutorials here on AS, fun stuff
Thanks for the info. Meh, 3 year ago(2007, somewhere around my 2nd tag in the profile when I didn't know you can select the area of layer by ctrl+click) I tried it but I never got it to work right so it wasn't even like a banner lol. I think Borders and stuff can probably be easily done in blend option(inner shadow, strokes) I think anyone who experience photoshop can figure that out.
__________________
I love Flandre Scarlet
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 05:07   Link #239
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: away from you
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
A campaign sig for Tama-chan of Bamboo blade ^_^

V.1


V.2 Voteless


Also chibi avatars:



All images used were taken from the Bamboo blade thread
Kawaii~ Kawaii~ Chibi Ava And Sig...Too Bad I Didn't See The Rest Of The Anime..
Good Work On Them Marina-Chan ^.^
__________________
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 07:32   Link #240
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: http://www.exciting-tits.com/
*was seen stealing chibiis*

OH SHI-
__________________
“This be the realest shit I ever wrote.” ~Tupac
So very dead right now.. but still breathing thank you.
Top 4 Manga Waifu
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa


KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatars, banners, signatures

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.