AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-08-01, 07:58   Link #301
wjr
JiRo
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to wjr
Well Marina YR sig skills are no longer beginner haha ^^ You are Great in Doing these much better than me !!

Started about 2 weeks again and my sig skills is as lousy as a baby so dun be so modest about being a beginner you are great in these already! keep up the magnificent work ^^v

AND A HAPPY BDAE!
Old 2008-08-01, 20:44   Link #302
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Hey there Marina, just wanted to drop by a siggy for you since you took the time to render out the image. I know you said you were going to make a sig for it, so I hope I didn't spoil it for you. I haven't made a sig in months probably, so forgive the rustyness... and yes I'm still alive!

Old 2008-08-20, 22:54   Link #303
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for all the comments/tips on the extraction guys ^_^ I know it's choppy, it's just a bad habit of thinking "meh, that's good enough since I'm using it in my own sig and no one will know anyways..." hehehe

@Wing - thanks so much for the sig! I love how it feels both simple, yet exactly right in detail. I have yet to nail techniques like that. I especially love your current 'Sublime' sig.

After soooo many weeks upon weeks of not touching photoshop, this is what happened:

This came about utilizing a tutorial.
It looks so busy..... *cries* Current lack of motivation in making sigs......

2nd Attempt:
Obviously I'm being heavily influenced by Wing's style, since I love it so much:

My Anime List

ISML

Last edited by Marina; 2008-08-20 at 23:55.
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 04:41   Link #304
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
2nd Attempt:
Obviously I'm being heavily influenced by Wing's style, since I love it so much:
Very nice! Even though there's very little elements in it and quite a lot of empty space, I don't think that it seems empty. I like it a lot.
The first is indeed quite busy, though the colors are very nice.
Old 2008-08-21, 08:07   Link #305
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
2nd Attempt:
I Love This Style...Look Really Nice Sig Marina-Chan
Old 2008-08-21, 09:23   Link #306
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Thanks for all the comments/tips on the extraction guys ^_^ I know it's choppy, it's just a bad habit of thinking "meh, that's good enough since I'm using it in my own sig and no one will know anyways..." hehehe

@Wing - thanks so much for the sig! I love how it feels both simple, yet exactly right in detail. I have yet to nail techniques like that. I especially love your current 'Sublime' sig.

After soooo many weeks upon weeks of not touching photoshop, this is what happened:

This came about utilizing a tutorial.
It looks so busy..... *cries* Current lack of motivation in making sigs......

2nd Attempt:
Thanks for the compliments Marina. I'm really happy that you take such great interest in my style. Although I've been on and off, I still think I'm getting rusty. If you like my Sublime siggy, you're more than welcome to use it. I can slap your name on there. On the note where you mentioned how everyone was giving you tips and tricks on cleaning up your last extract, don't even worry, I think the same way. You'll be surprise how much of my work contain renders which are not 100% clean... for example, my current one and the one you're sporting now weren't 100% clean. I did a quick and dirty job on removing the bg so I can get the siggys done. So no harm done =)
I'm digging your Hatsune Miku sig. You're creeping up on my style. the explosion of c4d is spot on and the pose your render truly compliments the c4d's design. I love the colors you used for your bg and c4d. Keep reproducing similar sigs and you'll nail my style for sure. Don't have an idea set before you start your work. Make sure you naturally create a sig without previous thoughts on what your presentation should look like. It's just a rule of thumb when I create sigs. I have my white canvas and a render. Then I start playing around with c4d's and putting together combinations.
Oh yeah, guess what... you're going to probably get mad but I actually messing around with some of my finished siggys and found out I can still add more effects to it with brush packs. I'll have to experiment with this but I let me tell you, the sublime sig with a flame brush looked killer. Although I feel sorry for my poor render up in flames, but the colors were excellent. So I might have a new style just over the horizon. We'll see... hopefully I'll have enough time to experiment with the new effects.
As for your other sig, well it's just too much overkill. I say keep the render and work towards c4d effects. That long sword should come in hand when you start applying c4d. You can probably find some where you can clone stamp a wrap around the blade. That would look cool. Your choice of colors are not bad but the render doesn't blend too well. She'll become camo against the bg lol. Stick with your c4d. Well it's time for me to start work. I'll chat with you later.

I should just give you my .psd files so you can see the magic!
Old 2008-08-22, 21:16   Link #307
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by escimo View Post
Very nice! Even though there's very little elements in it and quite a lot of empty space, I don't think that it seems empty. I like it a lot.
The first is indeed quite busy, though the colors are very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
I Love This Style...Look Really Nice Sig Marina-Chan
Thank you both of you ^_^ You two always have such positive comments
Quote:
Originally Posted by WINGZERO619 View Post
Thanks for the compliments Marina. I'm really happy that you take such great interest in my style. Although I've been on and off, I still think I'm getting rusty. If you like my Sublime siggy, you're more than welcome to use it. I can slap your name on there. On the note where you mentioned how everyone was giving you tips and tricks on cleaning up your last extract, don't even worry, I think the same way. You'll be surprise how much of my work contain renders which are not 100% clean... for example, my current one and the one you're sporting now weren't 100% clean. I did a quick and dirty job on removing the bg so I can get the siggys done. So no harm done =)
I'm digging your Hatsune Miku sig. You're creeping up on my style. the explosion of c4d is spot on and the pose your render truly compliments the c4d's design. I love the colors you used for your bg and c4d. Keep reproducing similar sigs and you'll nail my style for sure. Don't have an idea set before you start your work. Make sure you naturally create a sig without previous thoughts on what your presentation should look like. It's just a rule of thumb when I create sigs. I have my white canvas and a render. Then I start playing around with c4d's and putting together combinations.
Oh yeah, guess what... you're going to probably get mad but I actually messing around with some of my finished siggys and found out I can still add more effects to it with brush packs. I'll have to experiment with this but I let me tell you, the sublime sig with a flame brush looked killer. Although I feel sorry for my poor render up in flames, but the colors were excellent. So I might have a new style just over the horizon. We'll see... hopefully I'll have enough time to experiment with the new effects.
As for your other sig, well it's just too much overkill. I say keep the render and work towards c4d effects. That long sword should come in hand when you start applying c4d. You can probably find some where you can clone stamp a wrap around the blade. That would look cool. Your choice of colors are not bad but the render doesn't blend too well. She'll become camo against the bg lol. Stick with your c4d. Well it's time for me to start work. I'll chat with you later.

I should just give you my .psd files so you can see the magic!
Wahah! I'd love to see some of your .psd files!
All I can say, is that I'm working on it ^_^

Ok, an edit of that disastrous sig,
Spoiler for original:

Revision1:

CnC greatly appreciated!

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-08-22, 21:23   Link #308
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Now that's one I'm talking about. Your revision looks fantastic. I don't know what you were doing messing around with that tut lol. I can honestly you are improving by the sig. Colors on the left hand side of the canvas are ace. It really makes the c4d stand out around the sword. Lighting techniques are not too shabby either. Text is also spot on. I suggest to put a complimenting drop shadow on the word sword to try and blend it a bit more. If not, it's okay. Tis very nice. I'm thinking you'll be surpassing me soon.
Old 2008-08-23, 16:05   Link #309
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Revision1:

CnC greatly appreciated!
Now that's much more like it. Very nice. The text is very nicely done.
I like it.
Old 2008-08-24, 16:25   Link #310
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
Quote:
Revision1:

CnC greatly appreciated!

I haven't been looking over your thread in a long time. XD

Anyways, that looks better. I could see the text too. :P Great job Marina.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 23:24   Link #311
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Box Craze

What's cuter than a a cute character? A cute character in a BOX!
Join the Box Craze now!

Below avatars grouped with their makers, please ask permission before using ^_^
*denotes claimed avatar

Eps~:

Sacchin:

SweetHoney:

Marina:

Riker:

Solace:

konstargirl:

Mitsu Aoi:

CrowKenobi

lv23

My Anime List

ISML

Last edited by Marina; 2008-12-11 at 06:30.
Old 2008-09-17, 01:49   Link #312
Avantoe
In Memories
*Graphic Designer

It looks great, I get the feeling that looking at the sig from both sides gets the feeling of complete different signatures, From the left its like watching the light happy world, and from the right you get this more darkness, power-specced feeling, nevertheless I think its awesome. great work!

Avantoe's corner | My Anime List | Sig by Malin |
Avantoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 04:47   Link #313
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Great siggy! Maybe, just maybe I would increase the font size of "with" for a px - half a px, because I actually had to look closely in my screen to see it
Old 2008-09-17, 05:40   Link #314
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Hmm, quite nice.
I love how you always seem to make such great simplistic sigs. Whereas mine as very complicated lol.
The pink to purple isn't really working for me, and the fist c4d line thinggy should be on the render. But very nice work, and I think the text is fine.

Nice job, keep it up!

KasumiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:15   Link #315
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantoe View Post
It looks great, I get the feeling that looking at the sig from both sides gets the feeling of complete different signatures, From the left its like watching the light happy world, and from the right you get this more darkness, power-specced feeling, nevertheless I think its awesome. great work!
Lol, I like that feeling you're getting, I wasn't exactly aiming for that, but it's nice to hear it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eps~ View Post
Great siggy! Maybe, just maybe I would increase the font size of "with" for a px - half a px, because I actually had to look closely in my screen to see it
Yeah, I actually realized that after I posted it... but thought I'd try to get away with it
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
Hmm, quite nice.
I love how you always seem to make such great simplistic sigs. Whereas mine as very complicated lol.
The pink to purple isn't really working for me, and the fist c4d line thinggy should be on the render. But very nice work, and I think the text is fine.

Nice job, keep it up!
Mmm, I like simplistic (not that I wouldn't love doing complicated ones if I was good enough ^_^) I wasn't too sure about the C4D either.

Anyways, here's an update:

V.2

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-09-17, 13:22   Link #316
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Mmm, I like simplistic (not that I wouldn't love doing complicated ones if I was good enough ^_^) I wasn't too sure about the C4D either.

Anyways, here's an update:

V.2
Very nice, the text is still a bit hard to read though, now it's more a question of contrast with the background. But the colors are very nice and I like the style. Nice one.
Old 2008-09-17, 13:27   Link #317
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I guess to justify myself, I sort of liked how the text intertwined with the floral, in a way that forces the viewer to really look at it. I do see how that can be difficult though, and a bit annoying to anyone but me Thanks for the comment escimo~

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-09-20, 15:26   Link #318
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

DOUBLE POST!

Using the vector done by Sweetie

My Anime List

ISML
Old 2008-09-20, 16:10   Link #319
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Nice combo there!

And yes, I am still alive................ in case anyone wonders, of course.
Old 2008-09-20, 16:39   Link #320
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Quote:
DOUBLE POST!

love Kaguya Sig
But it too much bright in The lower part ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
And yes, I am still alive................ in case anyone wonders, of course.
I was Wondering Where you have Been

Tags