AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-01, 14:50   Link #661
Tavia
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
oh Please, You only say that because you've heard almost the entire Anime in Japanese first. I'm getting annoyed with people sayin English people don't have emotion in their VAing, Tell that to the people who did DBZ's VA's lol
Lol, no I don't. I first started watching Code Geass when it first aired on Adult Swim. Then, after awhile I wanted to hear the Japanese voices and stuff. I've always liked Japanese voice acting better, but I'm not saying all American VAs are horrible.

And, besides, I didn't say the entire cast was lacking emotion lol~ :P
I'm confident the ending will be pretty good because of Yuri Lowenthal and Johnny Yong Bosch voice acting.

Furthermore, it's just my opinion, didn't mean to start anything~ xD
Tavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 16:25   Link #662
Asrialys
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Anyway, instead of listing everyone, the only ones I really dislike would be Nunnally's, Shirley's, and Kallen's. I'd have to say they're too monotone and lacking emotion.
Yes, yes, opinion this and opinion that.

But really, how is Kallen's English voicing, whether good or bad, at all monotone and lacking emotion?
__________________
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 16:27   Link #663
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
By monotone, I think Tavia means that Kallen's English dub voice is often always at that constant...high-ish and often fierce pitch.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-01, 19:12   Link #664
Tavia
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
By monotone, I think Tavia means that Kallen's English dub voice is often always at that constant...high-ish and often fierce pitch.
Yes, that is pretty much what I mean.
To me, she sounds kind of "robotic" in some of her lines, like a constant recording. Hah, it's hard to explain~ xD
Tavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-03, 10:03   Link #665
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pizza
two words: SUBTITLES FTW!
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 18:47   Link #666
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I really like the dub and all the neta about it~~
Just imagining that Rukia falls in love with Sasuke and gets killed by Ichigo (who made a contract with Sakura) makes me LOL...

So much for the lulz~

My opinion on the dub:

Lelouch's voice sounds more like Sugiyama Noriaki than Rivalz's does...
C.C.: Kate has done a pretty good job but still lacks Yukana's "ethereal tint".
Suzaku...He is basically Sasuke with all the "Hn"s....
Euphie, more mature than Minami Omi...
Cornelia, Lloyd: PURE WIN.
Kallen...her voice is OK, but I have worries about R2....
Shirley: Hmm, a little bit forced.
Nunnally: sorry, my ears are bleeding....
you had to say that of ichigo/lelouch killed rukia/euphie (unless if bleach predict/guess) then suzaku/sasuke want revenge on lelouch/ichigo & maybe c2/sakura

speaking of dub well most are ok

lelouch well jyb seem to make it interesting (still waiting for R2 dub)
suzaku geez yuri seems to heard a lot in 2008 & it qutie something
c2 seem quite interesting & way different than sakura's english
kallen a total surprise cause her dub was known for momo & soifon but really a surprise push
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 19:44   Link #667
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I've been watching the dub and it's actually pretty damn good.

The Good:
Cornelia - manages to retain what made her so badass in the Japanese version
Guilford
Darlton
Euphy - sounds less annoying than the original Japanese voice did
Lloyd - pretty good also, I think like Cornelia the va here captures the original pretty good.
Suzaku - nothing to say other than his va is good.
Cecile - very good, captures the original spirit of the character
Jeremiah - not as over the top but still pretty good.
Diethard - As with Cornelia, the VA captures the original voice pretty well.
Villeta -

The Bad:
Lelouch - Bad. There's no transition from loving brother/innocent Lulu to cold-blooded calculating murdering terrorist. The VA's voice doesn't really chage like in the original Japanese version.
Kallen - Terrible. Sounds incredibly annoying. She sounds so much better in Japanese.
Nunnaly - Terrible. Like Kallen the English VA makes the character sound incredibly annoying.
Tamaki - Horrible. nuff said
Toudo
I would call Code Geass a decent dub, not bad, but also not one of the best. It definatly isn't as good as something like Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist or Outlaw Star's dub.

Steven Jay Blum is horrible?

HUH?

The Good
Euphemia: gives a sense of strength, and cuteness, her massacre is moe
Lloyd: One of the best VA jobs I have ever seen
Cornelia: Not stellar, but it works great
Jeremiah: Crispin Freeman did great
Suzaku: Yuri is definatly one of the rising stars of the dubbing world
Toudou: SJB doing his usual thing
Diethard: Excellent
Tamaki: his voice is funny, his comic relief it works out great
Milly: A lot of craziness
Schneizel: from what I have seen great
Mao: I checked his VAs work, and for the quality of work he sure he needs to be in more dubs
Villeta: Cute, well done
Ougi: Gives a sense of being overwhelmed
C.C: a sense of cold mysteriousness just what is needed

The Decent
Lelouch: Not his Va's best work, and doesn't use the range the VA is capable of
Cecile: She doesn't stand out enough, this may just be Lloyd's crazyness being overwhelming
Rivalz: Fine for what his working with
Nina: We shall see how she does her work
Charles: This is more being overwhelmed by Wakamoto
Kallen: as others have said she doesn't seem to have range

Horrible
Shirley: Annoying
Nunnaly: Really Annoying
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 12:27   Link #668
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I would call Code Geass a decent dub, not bad, but also not one of the best. It definatly isn't as good as something like Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist or Outlaw Star's dub.

Steven Jay Blum is horrible?

HUH?

The Good
Euphemia: gives a sense of strength, and cuteness, her massacre is moe
Lloyd: One of the best VA jobs I have ever seen
Cornelia: Not stellar, but it works great
Jeremiah: Crispin Freeman did great
Suzaku: Yuri is definatly one of the rising stars of the dubbing world
Toudou: SJB doing his usual thing
Diethard: Excellent
Tamaki: his voice is funny, his comic relief it works out great
Milly: A lot of craziness
Schneizel: from what I have seen great
Mao: I checked his VAs work, and for the quality of work he sure he needs to be in more dubs
Villeta: Cute, well done
Ougi: Gives a sense of being overwhelmed
C.C: a sense of cold mysteriousness just what is needed

The Decent
Lelouch: Not his Va's best work, and doesn't use the range the VA is capable of
Cecile: She doesn't stand out enough, this may just be Lloyd's crazyness being overwhelming
Rivalz: Fine for what his working with
Nina: We shall see how she does her work
Charles: This is more being overwhelmed by Wakamoto
Kallen: as others have said she doesn't seem to have range

Horrible
Shirley: Annoying
Nunnaly: Really Annoying
aw, no matter how good a dub is, somehow it always feels as if an important part is missing when the VA read the lines that was originally in Japanese..

I'm terribly biased in favor of subs so don't mind me. As far as I'm concerned, the best use a dub can be is to be for those who can't see but would still like to experience the anime.
__________________
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 10:34   Link #669
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
well next month is R2's RUSH-DUB & really after seeing the "trainwreck" of R2-21 to R2-25 this is going to be very interesting to hear in it dub since it's being RUSH-DUB
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:32   Link #670
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Well, probably since they had this RUSH-DUB in line for quite a while, and seeing as they probably got the VAs to work on the RUSH-DUB, I don't think this RUSH-DUB will be that much of a RUSH-DUB.

Oh, my, did I copy you too much?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:59   Link #671
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
from april 08 to nov 08 for R2 being RUSH-DUB that like 8 freakin months!!!

besides i highly say that is CAREER SUICIDE for making it RUSH-DUB really so far the only r2 character got it english is rolo from Shinji Ikari!!!

geez anyone want to hear rei, asuka, & misato english for R2?!

cause it's got to be biggest mistake for having R2 get RUSH-DUB really should have wait for 09 when u.s. tv goes DTV?!
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:04   Link #672
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Yeah, uh, Spike Spencer, Tiffany Grant, Amanda Winn Lee and Allison Keith aren't terrible voice actors.

And three quarters of a year is a lot of time.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:29   Link #673
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
D-KLAC, get the hell over yourself. Just because something isn't two years in the making doesn't mean it'll be a rushed job. You're certainly no professional to judge it. Here's a couple of reasons why:

1) VAs for anime are common, now, and have plenty of experience under their belt on how to go about it. More experience = less time needed to get it together.

2) Dubbed animes appearing quicker is deliberate. Anime companies localizing shows are trying to speed them up to help cut down on illegal fansubbing, as they have cited one of the reasons why anime is fansubbed so much is because of how long it takes anime to get released stateside, and some animes don't get released at all. Take Geneon for example.

3) You underestimate the time spent on anime dubbing. As Dream Traveller said, three quarters of a year is still a long time. Eight months is plenty of time to do quality work on a dub: there's over a hundred and eighty two days in that amount of time, and VAs typically work full weeks and, oh, I dunno, usually work on one anime at a time?

Also, will you quit it with this "RUSH-DUB" shit? If you're gonna say rush-dub, say it normally without all capital letters. You sound a lot less obnoxious when you do; last I checked only noobs who speak without any substance in their words use all capitals.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:40   Link #674
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
D-KLAC, get the hell over yourself. Just because something isn't two years in the making doesn't mean it'll be a rushed job. You're certainly no professional to judge it. Here's a couple of reasons why:

1) VAs for anime are common, now, and have plenty of experience under their belt on how to go about it. More experience = less time needed to get it together.

2) Dubbed animes appearing quicker is deliberate. Anime companies localizing shows are trying to speed them up to help cut down on illegal fansubbing, as they have cited one of the reasons why anime is fansubbed so much is because of how long it takes anime to get released stateside, and some animes don't get released at all. Take Geneon for example.

3) You underestimate the time spent on anime dubbing. As Dream Traveller said, three quarters of a year is still a long time. Eight months is plenty of time to do quality work on a dub: there's over a hundred and eighty two days in that amount of time, and VAs typically work full weeks and, oh, I dunno, usually work on one anime at a time?

Also, will you quit it with this "RUSH-DUB" shit? If you're gonna say rush-dub, say it normally without all capital letters. You sound a lot less obnoxious when you do; last I checked only noobs who speak without any substance in their words use all capitals.
well hello rush-dub been happening to few anime this year besides r2

remember Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's being rush-dub from april 08 to sept 08 that like 6 months!!!

besides unless you're too distracted by this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Xta56fsEQ really especially what happen during r2-21 to r2-25 well JYB, yuri, etc dubber got to really RISE UP their dubbing for R2
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:44   Link #675
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
well hello rush-dub been happening to few anime this year besides r2

remember Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's being rush-dub from april 08 to sept 08 that like 6 months!!!

besides unless you're too distracted by this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_Xta56fsEQ really especially what happen during r2-21 to r2-25 well JYB, yuri, etc dubber got to really RISE UP their dubbing for R2
Yes. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's dub was done in 6 months. And you know what? Its generally agreed that they did a pretty damn good job on it.

Now, if you're gonna bring in youtube vids that have nothing to do with the argument, that only further proves that you're being childish and don't know what you're talking about.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:58   Link #676
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
...What is your gripe with Turns 21-25, D-KLAC? Crazy stuff happening does not impede anyone's ability to voice-act.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 15:41   Link #677
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...What is your gripe with Turns 21-25, D-KLAC? Crazy stuff happening does not impede anyone's ability to voice-act.
hello did you even watch r2-21 to r2-25 aka OMFG EPIC "trainwreck"?!

besides having r2 get rush-dub & being shown the week after season 1 geass finale that too much to work.

besides that the dub is ok since i've hearing a lot of shows with jyb & yuri this year well i say this is risky.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 15:51   Link #678
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hello did you even watch r2-21 to r2-25 aka OMFG EPIC "trainwreck"?!

besides having r2 get rush-dub & being shown the week after season 1 geass finale that too much to work.

besides that the dub is ok since i've hearing a lot of shows with jyb & yuri this year well i say this is risky.
Wasn't a trainwreck to me.

Sounds to me you're just anti-dub.
__________________
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 15:59   Link #679
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hello did you even watch r2-21 to r2-25 aka OMFG EPIC "trainwreck"?!

besides having r2 get rush-dub & being shown the week after season 1 geass finale that too much to work.

besides that the dub is ok since i've hearing a lot of shows with jyb & yuri this year well i say this is risky.
I watched the whole series from start to finish. You seem to think that an EVA scenario, a rather straightforward battle and the climax ("DUR HUR HUR OMFG EPIC TRAINWRECK LAWLZ" as you so eloquently put it) will somehow make the VAs fuck up. I see no indication of that.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 16:14   Link #680
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: gs series
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wasn't a trainwreck to me.

Sounds to me you're just anti-dub.
hoi sino i've been watching anime in 3 languages from japanese to english & even in filipino dubbing!!!

really the problem is that some dubbing getting rush-dub besides you need the right timing & make sure the dub is ok.
__________________
ONCE A GS ALWAYS A GS
A KLAC IS JUST TOO COMMIT, HONOR, LOYALTY, PRIDE, ETC TO WORLD OF ANIME
WALKING THE PATH OF KLAC ON THE JOURNEY THORUGH THE KLAC-ERA
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.