AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2007-12-09, 22:58   Link #1
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Deluge BT client

Deluge website

I wonder how many of you know of this nifty little client. It dont have the low memory usage of utorrent, but for the last 2 months, this client have been my sole BT client simply for the fact that its one out of 2 client that bypassed my ISP's (TMNet Streamyx - Malaysia) throttling. the other client manage to do so is a chinese client called Xunlei but I'm having buttload of problem with it.

It was originally a Linux based client, but being ported to window platform on demand, and I've been using it since the alpha phase since early October IIRC. It also have a lot of plugin (especially for its linux version) But then again, I'm not the type that loves to add plugin to my BT client. I prefer a basic client altho, if I am able to make the simple RSS feed to work >_< (que need help here)

Anyway, hopefully, for those that still having problem with ISP throttling, I hope this little client could help you guys, because it sure do help me gained back my max speed (not ~10kbps when throttled before @.@) . I know that most of my countrymen do subscribe to VPN service on top of our ISP just to bypass the cursed throttling.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 23:03   Link #2
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hey KiNa, way to be an useful member for a change. Downloading as I write. w00t!
Old 2007-12-10, 01:07   Link #3
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I've been using Deluge extensively for about two months now. It's a good client, but you can notice it's still not 1.0 material. It has some bugs here and there, especially noticeable when not properly closing the client (won't start again, for example). Other than that, it's a very lightweight, GTK-based client, consuming 20 MB of RAM on my Linux box.

PS: All that was when talking about the Linux client. I wouldn't know about the Windows port.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-10, 02:20   Link #4
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I do have the wont start again problem during the earlier alpha phase but the current version that I'm using 0.5.7.1 seems to eliminate the problem. (well, we do technically speak about 2 different platform version so )

The only problem I'm noticing currently, is, its very hard to seed While I've been using the same speed setting with my previous BT client before (60Kb download, 25Kb upload, 3 active torrents max) it seems that its really struggling to reach that 25Kb upload limit - usually just using ~10-15kb per session.. And its really hard to reached my desired ratio, even my gundam ep 3 havent finished seeding , and we already on ep 10.

Also, I do get the occasional tracker refused connection error, altho that probably not the fault of client.

@ monir .. >_< Ouch, I do admit spamming incoherently is much more fun that becaming a serious useful forum user - besides the added advantage of not becoming too popular with the mods like Cats do, or captured to became one of you like Relentlessflame . Gomen Do tell if it works its magic to you, its a good feeling to be helpful, sometimes
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-10, 06:31   Link #5
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I really like this client, but I find it takes out my network. It downloads fine (and very fast), but all my other PCs start timing out badly.

One reason I like it on Ubuntu is that it's uPNP works, but you do need to grab it from their site and not the repos.

I think I'll give it another go as I need to travel soon and want to have a native client on my EeePC.
Old 2007-12-14, 04:41   Link #6
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
It dont have the low memory usage of utorrent, but for the last 2 months, this client have been my sole BT client simply for the fact that its one out of 2 client that bypassed my ISP's (TMNet Streamyx - Malaysia) throttling.
AFAIK Deluge uses Libtorrent for all the torrent-stuff, therefore any other client that uses the same library should have the same ability.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 13:05   Link #7
grey_moon

Been testing this out loads and the latest client from the Deluge site is really stable. I found that if I am not careful it takes out not my whole network, but the wireless with the amount of connections it makes. The wizard makes it a lot more friendly now. It really ramps up speed so quickly, I had utorrent and delgue going for the same file and I limited them both to 1/2 my total bandwidth down and deluge hit max within a minute whilst it took utorrent ~5 mins to reach max. Going to to try the other things like web interface, and still trying to find out how do display the connection stats (ie if it is encrypted etc), but I think if utorrent gets nobbled or they find it is a monitor for bt's sponsor I have a good thing to fall-back to
Old 2007-12-15, 14:30   Link #8
leofish
Mia 'cova

been trying to get this to work on OSX (10.5) for almost a week now, lol... been slowing working through missing dependency after missing dependency, but recently havent been able to solve the following error. The people over at the deluge forums havent been able to find an answer yet ( seems to be a few people with the same problem) but I thought maybe someone else here might have already tackled it, or knows the answer. This is the log output when excuting "sudo port install deluge" :
Quote:
---> Building deluge with target build
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_net_deluge/work/deluge-0.5.5" && /opt/local/bin/python2.5 setup.py build " returned error 1
Command output: Attempting to detect your system information
32bit x86 system detected
Darwin / OS X system detected
Libraries mt
running build
running build_py
running build_ext
building 'deluge_core' extension
gcc -DNDEBUG -D__DARWIN_UNIX03 -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include/boost -I./libtorrent -I./libtorrent/include -I./libtorrent/include/libtorrent -I/usr/include/python2.5 -I/opt/local/include/python2.5 -c libtorrent/src/bt_peer_connection.cpp -o build/temp.macosx-10.3-i386-2.5/libtorrent/src/bt_peer_connection.o -Wno-missing-braces -DHAVE_INCLUDE_LIBTORRENT_ASIO____ASIO_HPP=1 -DHAVE_INCLUDE_LIBTORRENT_ASIO_SSL_STREAM_HPP=1 -DHAVE_INCLUDE_LIBTORRENT_ASIO_IP_TCP_HPP=1 -DHAVE_PTHREAD=1 -DTORRENT_USE_OPENSSL=1 -DHAVE_SSL=1 -DNDEBUG=1 -O2
./libtorrent/include/libtorrent/asio/detail/posix_fd_set_adapter.hpp: In member function 'bool asio::detail:osix_fd_set_adapter::is_set(asio::d etail::socket_type) const':
./libtorrent/include/libtorrent/asio/detail/posix_fd_set_adapter.hpp:47: error: invalid conversion from 'const fd_set*' to 'fd_set*'
./libtorrent/include/libtorrent/asio/detail/posix_fd_set_adapter.hpp:47: error: initializing argument 2 of 'int __darwin_fd_isset(int, fd_set*)'
error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1

Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
Any help would be very much appericiated. Really want a worthwhile alternative to Azureus D;
Old 2007-12-15, 21:48   Link #9
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
AFAIK Deluge uses Libtorrent for all the torrent-stuff, therefore any other client that uses the same library should have the same ability.
Well.. libtorrent is a command line client rite, as far as the example client go.. I dunno any other client that use its library and I've tested almost all famous clients(Azu, BC, BitSpirit, etc etc) for nearly 1 year (even the new halite client) - even venturing out to use the untranslated Xunlei client. Xunlei and deluge are the only 2 that can download with being throttled. Do tell any other client that use the library, its good to know other client as well.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-21, 12:37   Link #10
grey_moon

Where are my fellow Delugers. I've decided to drop uTorrent and go for this and its pretty darn stable and fast, but when I have a quick peek at the peer list I see lots of uTorrents a few others and no Deluge
Old 2007-12-21, 16:46   Link #11
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Where are my fellow Delugers. I've decided to drop uTorrent and go for this and its pretty darn stable and fast, but when I have a quick peek at the peer list I see lots of uTorrents a few others and no Deluge
Well, since uTorrent has been very popular for a pretty long time now and been working pretty well so far, as most people tend to stick with what already working for them, I doubt they would try to find another alternative.

I also get download speed very fast from Deluge. In went up in seconds (not counting the "Check ..." of course). Sadly, as you already knew, due to a problem with my Internet, a few minutes and it went boom (not literally, of course). <.<

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 22:21   Link #12
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
*Raised hands*

Yea... I dont think I ever saw any other delugers as well .. Granted, I dont download much nowadays >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-23, 01:17   Link #13
grey_moon

New version out on the Deluge site, offers anonymous browsing if you don't already tor and privoxify!
Old 2007-12-23, 01:52   Link #14
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Please note that the Windows version of Deluge is quite a bit less stable than our Linux/Unix client, as Deluge is developed on Linux. Actually, it is probably safe to say that everything is less stable on Windows, not just Deluge :-p
Ouch

@.@

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-24, 00:02   Link #15
grey_moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Ouch

@.@

Hee hee put the boot in!

But on a more serious note, I've been testing it on XP, as lots of my friends use it and I don't want to recommend it if its buggy. The previous version used to crash out for some reason every so often (within a day), the new version has been up and slurping since it came out with no issues so far
Old 2007-12-24, 01:54   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Downloading for my own tests.... (especially to look at the new anon web browser feature).

Interesting website...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 03:16   Link #17
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

New exe owns .. apart from the fact they removed the ability for window user to open folder by right-clicking ..Why the option are disabled are beyond me ._.

That being said, I havent tried out the new anon webbrowser feature .. No time yet.

I do have a request. A newbie tutorial o make the rss feeder work ._., I tried the tutorial from the forum .. @.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-24, 08:06   Link #18
grey_moon

Deluge FlexRSS with AnimeSuki Tutorial

Right first disclaimer is this is my first go at this and I've only started downloading automatically with RSS and its great Thank you for the heads up. So this needs much testing and tweaking, but here is Deluge FlexRSS Tutorial v0.00000003.

References:
http://dev.deluge-torrent.org/wiki/Plugins/FlexRSS
http://docs.python.org/lib/re-syntax.html
http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/rss.html

This is for Windows XP version of Deluge as I remember KN to be a Windows user, but I can't see why it won't work with the Linux version.

1. Add the FlexRSS plugin from Edit, Plugins

I'm going to use AnimeSuki as that is where we are on, but it won't work with the standard RSS link as we need direct RSS feeds. Therefore the enclosure URL for the RSS feed is needed, it is listed in the RSS help but here is the link below.

http://www.animesuki.com/rss.php?link=enclosure

You must include the http:// or it will not work

2. Give the feed a name and then add the URL and click save.

3. Now click on the + sign and it should expand.

4. Now to automate a download, note the ones with direct URLs.

Lets use Rental Magica by SHS.

Right click on it and select Create Filter

Give it a name and select type as TV show

We will be using the title as a filter and not the URL.

For the filter field, copy what is in test and then replace the episode with %e and the prefix the [] with \ to nulify thier special meaning. They normally mean match this pattern.

So

Rental Magica 12 [SHS]

becomes

Rental Magica %e \[SHS\]

If the filter is correct the word Match appears below the test field.

Note the test field in the piccie is missing coz I closed the window and re-opened it, but it would be filled normally

Click save. To force it to check the feed immediately for a test, close down deluge and open it and it should start downloading RM

Special Characters to Watch out for

[SHS] - Square brackets are used for groups, change to \[SHS\]
(DivX) - Round brackets are used to specify format, change to \(DivX\)

Weird Behaviour

The history restrictions don't appear until save the filter and click on another filter and back on to it. This allows you to start downloading from episode X.

Updating the URL in a feed does not automatically get it to reload immediately. You must either create a new feed or stop and start Deluge.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-12-24 at 12:11.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 09:32   Link #19
Eviltape

Tch, you people are making me curious. Hopefully Deluge doesn't flood my FiOS router's tiny 20kb NAT cache too quickly.

EDIT: More stuff I noticed. Deluge uses the usual GTK library thingy for the Linux to Windows port. Also, good news! Deluge respects the directory settings that uTorrent defaults to. Meaning, you can start seeding off the bat. Bad news: you can't tag torrents. I have 120 torrents on the entire page, and that's a bit messy. Maybe I'll just use Deluge for downloading, uTorrent for seeding.

And through my own fault, I now have a worse ratio on a private tracker. Go accidentally clicking "delete downloaded files"? :P At least I have 20GB more space...

Last edited by Eviltape; 2007-12-24 at 09:51.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-24, 11:33   Link #20
grey_moon

I just read the AS help page properly and there is a alternative style of RSS which should work for FlexRSS. Going to test it now then update the notes.

After testing it needs the enclosure address

http://www.animesuki.com/rss.php?link=enclosure

I'll update the notes now.

One thing I have noticed is that if you update the URL you need to restart Deluge to force a recheck. I guess updating does not set the counter to 0.

@Eviltape - I feel your pain, I've deleted a whole directory of anime before. Just recently when I moved from uTorrent to Deluge I set up separate directories to make sure I didn't mess up. I tested everything was happy moved all my anime from uTorrent dir to Deluge and then proceeded to delete the Deluge directory oO. Lucky I hit cancel when it was working out how long to delete (thank goodness for Windows need to work stuff out to move to trashcan).

I had a look for a 3rd party tagging or category plugin, but i could not find any. It might be worth it to post it as a request on their site.

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-12-24 at 11:58.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote