AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-30, 01:03   Link #61
Chase
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Episode 25 stamped once again that Al/Hal is the supreme pilot of the meisters
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 01:10   Link #62
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
You know I just noticed that Hall/Allelujah's character is exactly like Jekyll and Hyde.

There's this British TV Show called "Jekyll" and it's basically a sequel to the original novel. Similar things happen, and the main character's dual personalities are represented with the eye colors as well. They also go through a physical change like Alle/Hallelujah.

PS: It's also kind of interesting how out of all those split personality cliches, Alle/Hallelujah don't compete with each other to be the dominant personality. Instead Hallelujah accepts Allelujah, and helps him realize his true self like a family member instead of a crazy mad man in your head.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 01:21   Link #63
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Episode 25 stamped once again that Al/Hal is the supreme pilot of the meisters
25 stamped that Al had a true form, one that new no bounds and completely humilated the 'true' super soldier. 23-25 showed that all the pilots weren't pilots for nothing.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 03:38   Link #64
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
You know I just noticed that Hall/Allelujah's character is exactly like Jekyll and Hyde.

There's this British TV Show called "Jekyll" and it's basically a sequel to the original novel. Similar things happen, and the main character's dual personalities are represented with the eye colors as well. They also go through a physical change like Alle/Hallelujah.

PS: It's also kind of interesting how out of all those split personality cliches, Alle/Hallelujah don't compete with each other to be the dominant personality. Instead Hallelujah accepts Allelujah, and helps him realize his true self like a family member instead of a crazy mad man in your head.
They seem to show a few times that Hallelujah seems to know more than what he was letting on. He was always pushing Allelujah to stop hiding behind his kindess and to go through with it. Ep 11 is the biggest sign of this when he pushes Allelujah to pull the trigger on the super soldier facility. He always knew that it was only together would they truely be themselves. And he knew it would always be Allelujah to be the one who'd be the personality to continue on. Hence why once he felt Allelujah had found his "Hallelujah" side he was no longer needed and went.

Some how I doubt we're going to see the piloting skill we did in ep 25 at the start of S2. Chances are Allelujah still hasn't come to terms with Hallelujah being gone and hasn't found that part of him properly yet. But I do see him as having improved though. He's still searching for his place in the world, so that would act as a break on him. He's found his true self to a point, but it's going to take time for him to fully meld into one. He's been split for what looked like most of his life, so it is a massive change for him. One I don't see him being over after 4 years since he still wasn't over his super soldier past at the start of the series and he'd been seperate from that for a lot longer.

I wouldn't be surprised to find him with his hairstyle back as it was for nearly all of the series, but it changing to him showing both eyes when he well and truely finds himself. I just hope he keeps some sort of fringe since he looked wierd without one. I suppose it being Hallelujah being shown most of the time didn't help since it really gave him an evil look with his hair like that.

Quote:
25 stamped that Al had a true form, one that new no bounds and completely humilated the 'true' super soldier. 23-25 showed that all the pilots weren't pilots for nothing.
I think that showed that if his mind hadn't of split, he'd probably have been a true super soldier. Instead the very things that made him so good when combined got split between 2 personalities and left him unstable.

Well I can't wait to see where they go with him and Soma now. The revelation he knew her is one almighty excuse for flashbacks to his time at the facility. Not to mention opens up a lot more development for Soma. I can't wait to see her reaction to finding out just who's been making her look a fool. That is of course so long as she remembers and hasn't been brainwashed. Although it was nice to see that despite the arrogance she was showing a couple of eps ago, she has learnt something more human that will hopefully keep her arrogance in check until Allelujah totally brings it down. I liked her to begin with, but the arrogance she started to display really made me start to dislike her. Her refusal to leave Sergei though has improved her again IMO.

Yeah.... I think you can tell who my favorite character/s is/are (normally only does small posts)
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 07:38   Link #65
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
I thought he looked freaking awesome without the fringe.

It's like Char in Char's counter attack, where his hair is slicked back, but alle's longer.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 08:20   Link #66
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
If he kept it, I'd probably get used to it. But I feel that Hallelujah mostly being shown in control with his crazy face probably didn't help. But I don't see Allelujah keeping that look. Especially since it does make him stand out, and right now laying low and not drawing attention is what they need.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 09:08   Link #67
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
If he kept it, I'd probably get used to it. But I feel that Hallelujah mostly being shown in control with his crazy face probably didn't help. But I don't see Allelujah keeping that look. Especially since it does make him stand out, and right now laying low and not drawing attention is what they need.
I agree on that. Somehow it all fit so well. The taking off of the helmet, the unveiling of both personalities, and of course Hal's symbolic death thereafter.

If Al comes back he'll probably do so blinded and scarred on the right side. And this time, his hair is his eyepatch, incidentally keeping his original look.

Mizushima, you are a genius.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 10:11   Link #68
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
I doubt he'll be blinded since that'd probably remove him as a meister. They showed with Lockon how fatal being blind in one can be. But I can see him being scarred. Besides they were able to fix Lockon's eye, and that potentially had exposure to red GN particles, so I'm sure they can fix Allelujah's eye with his just being from a cockpit explosion.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 15:11   Link #69
Zeta Gundam
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
That hairstyle reminded me of the younger Frost brother
Zeta Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 15:57   Link #70
Hugegnome
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I doubt he'll be blinded since that'd probably remove him as a meister. They showed with Lockon how fatal being blind in one can be. But I can see him being scarred. Besides they were able to fix Lockon's eye, and that potentially had exposure to red GN particles, so I'm sure they can fix Allelujah's eye with his just being from a cockpit explosion.
However, unlike Lockon, he's not a sniper with his dominant eye blinded. There's also the fact that Allelujah usually keeps his right eye covered while he retains control. The right eye is only used by Hallelujah and it probably symbolizes him as well, hence why Hallelujah "dies" when the right eye is blinded.
Hugegnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 16:39   Link #71
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
But I don't see Hallelujah fully dead. Yes he's dead in that the seperate personality is gone. But I see Hallelujah becoming part of Allelujah. And I eventually see him showing both eyes to symbolize this total joining of the 2 sides of himself.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 17:18   Link #72
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Alle-chan did look strange like that, but rather awesome at the same time. He did need to accept the Hallelujah part of himself, and I'm glad he seems to be on the way to doing that.
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 17:24   Link #73
EXEs
Hallelujah...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 22
But the other eye's gone, innit? It looks like it's fully gone, with the amount of blood shown (But yeah, they can regenerate it) And Hallelujah, being a split part of his personality, already "died", or effectively disappeared from Allelujah's mind, so how can Hallelujah become a part of Allelujah anymore? You can't really regenerate a personality, but I think Hallelujah's gonna come back somehow in S2.
__________________
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 17:32   Link #74
console65
GN Drive Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
But I don't see Hallelujah fully dead. Yes he's dead in that the seperate personality is gone. But I see Hallelujah becoming part of Allelujah. And I eventually see him showing both eyes to symbolize this total joining of the 2 sides of himself.
If they are joined as one, I hope Allelujah has some Hallelujah's traits like his arrogance and fighting style. Allelujah should act more on instinct now that Hallelujah has become apart of him. We will definitly see an entirely new Allelujah Haptism in Season 2 who is much more confident, defiant, and aggressive then what we saw in Season 1.
console65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 17:54   Link #75
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
But the other eye's gone, innit? It looks like it's fully gone, with the amount of blood shown (But yeah, they can regenerate it) And Hallelujah, being a split part of his personality, already "died", or effectively disappeared from Allelujah's mind, so how can Hallelujah become a part of Allelujah anymore? You can't really regenerate a personality, but I think Hallelujah's gonna come back somehow in S2.
They were 2 sides of the same person. When they came together in ep 25 I think it started a merge of their personalities. In a sense they probably did come together during that. It's just it's going to take time for it to take proper effect, and why one of them had to go. If they were both still around as they came together it could result in a dominance battle. By one letting go, it allows the merge to happen smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by console65 View Post
If they are joined as one, I hope Allelujah has some Hallelujah's traits like his arrogance and fighting style. Allelujah should act more on instinct now that Hallelujah has become apart of him. We will definitly see an entirely new Allelujah Haptism in Season 2 who is much more confident, defiant, and aggressive then what we saw in Season 1.
I actually want it to be a gradual process rather than him suddenly being a completely different person. We need to see some of this change IMO. And I can see it taking some time for Allelujah to fully accept Hallelujah into himself. He still has a long way to go. By joining with Hallelujah he made that first step. But it's going to take some time for someone who was so opposed to Hallelujah's way to start accepting them properly into himself. Besides, I'm sure he was traumatized both mentally and physically by the revelation of Soma and the loose of Hallelujah.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 18:06   Link #76
console65
GN Drive Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I actually want it to be a gradual process rather than him suddenly being a completely different person. We need to see some of this change IMO. And I can see it taking some time for Allelujah to fully accept Hallelujah into himself. He still has a long way to go. By joining with Hallelujah he made that first step. But it's going to take some time for someone who was so opposed to Hallelujah's way to start accepting them properly into himself. Besides, I'm sure he was traumatized both mentally and physically by the revelation of Soma and the loose of Hallelujah.
But FOUR years have past. I think he probably got over the Soma revelation and Hallelujah going bye-bye a while ago. He should have already stabilized into his new "self" by now.
console65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 18:15   Link #77
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by console65 View Post
But FOUR years have past. I think he probably got over the Soma revelation and Hallelujah going bye-bye a while ago. He should have already stabilized into his new "self" by now.
Look at how long it's taken him to start accepting Hallelujah to being with. And he had to be taken to the extreme to achieve it.

I just really would prefer if we saw the change as gradual rather than us getting a totally new Allelujah. I feel as if we'd missed an important part of his development if they did that. If he is a new person right from the start, then I hope we at least get some flashbacks to him changing.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 18:40   Link #78
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post
But the other eye's gone, innit? It looks like it's fully gone, with the amount of blood shown (But yeah, they can regenerate it) And Hallelujah, being a split part of his personality, already "died", or effectively disappeared from Allelujah's mind, so how can Hallelujah become a part of Allelujah anymore? You can't really regenerate a personality, but I think Hallelujah's gonna come back somehow in S2.
Yes there was a lot of blood, but it might of also been from his face and not only his eye. But because you only see it covered by his hand you can't really tell how much damage was done.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 21:18   Link #79
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
You know I just noticed that Hall/Allelujah's character is exactly like Jekyll and Hyde.

There's this British TV Show called "Jekyll" and it's basically a sequel to the original novel. Similar things happen, and the main character's dual personalities are represented with the eye colors as well. They also go through a physical change like Alle/Hallelujah.

PS: It's also kind of interesting how out of all those split personality cliches, Alle/Hallelujah don't compete with each other to be the dominant personality. Instead Hallelujah accepts Allelujah, and helps him realize his true self like a family member instead of a crazy mad man in your head.
actually the whole al/hal thing reminded me more of Two-face aka Harvey Dent though that was probable due to the two sides thing and since two-face was based off Jekyll and Hyde your comparisson is probable more accurate.

also there was conflict between allelujah and hallelujah but in later episode they got to where they're at now.

as for hallelujah "dieing" well I believe it means allelujah has accepted some of his darker traits and allelujah will preform actions hallelujah convinced him to do like blowing up the
HRl research facility.
__________________
d33:"the only ones allowed to bash should be those who are prepared to be bashed!"
Onizuka-GTO:yeah, great post WD, but also puzzled. if it's a race you see, okay then. but at the moment it's a one man race, with Suzuku doing timed laps against his personal best....
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 00:14   Link #80
Kanos
Milk...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Kanos
the last few posts made me think of a possible way the writers might present the new Al.
1) i think Hal didn't really disappear. Like he's gone from the physical change that we see during the series, but i think when Hal said he's going, i think he just went into Al and rested there [like sleeping and regaining energy and such]. At the righte moment, he'll be face to face in a black void and talk to him, where aftewrwards he'll be able to "use" Hal's agressive piloting.

2) i think Al will have an eye-patch. why? think of it this way. Sven from black cat, levi from d-gray(not sure if this is true or not) both have insane abilities when they take off their eye-patch. This giving the eye-patch a possible leaway for Hal to reappear. Like in point 1), once they have their little talk. Al can lift his eye-patch and go super soldier. Pretty much i can picture it already and it feels like something the gundam writers would do. That said 00 has impressed me with their originality so mayb i'm totally off track. But for me that'd be pretty damn cool.
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.