AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-12-28, 17:15   Link #41
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
But what are the UN forces in there for?
They are there to provide solar power, but the UN will probably stop the aid if they openly support CB. Anyways, the solar power receiver was destroyed, so who knows whether they'll get it either way.
Old 2007-12-28, 22:40   Link #42
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I think the UN only requested that their engineers be made safe from any kind of violence while in Azadistan. The only faction I think at this point who are against CB are the HRL, and the AEU (after the Moralia fiasco). There are also a bunch of CB haters and a bunch of CB supporters. I am not sure if the UN has issued any condemnation on their part against what the CB is doing that would lead to the cessation of their support to Azadistan.

Also, in the case of Alejandro Corner...I am not really sure if he is the UN secretary general, or clearly has some influence within the UN, but "knowing" full well that Azadistan will have CB intervention because of the differing views on religion within Azadistan parliament...and Shirin wondering exactly what Mr. Corner is there for, and what he hopes to gain from helping Azadistan...the UN "secretly" supports the CB by means of Mr. Corner without any of them suspecting it yet.

On topic: I find it very bold for Setsuna to walk in Azadistan, which could also get him killed. I've only known with the recent episode that Azadistan has deep hatred for people hailing from Kurdistan; I was expecting Setsuna hating them more than they hate him. But I was surprised that they hate people from Kurdistan. It's not like they were the ones challenged and assimilated by Azadistan, bringing that war to their country.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 00:22   Link #43
monster

Quote:
But I was surprised that they hate people from Kurdistan. It's not like they were the ones challenged and assimilated by Azadistan, bringing that war to their country.
Well, we don't really know the history between the two countries. Azadistan's assimilation of Setsuna's country may have just been the latest outcome in a series of unification and separation that was common among Middle Eastern countries in that time, as mentioned by the narrator.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 00:39   Link #44
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
On topic: I find it very bold for Setsuna to walk in Azadistan, which could also get him killed. I've only known with the recent episode that Azadistan has deep hatred for people hailing from Kurdistan; I was expecting Setsuna hating them more than they hate him. But I was surprised that they hate people from Kurdistan. It's not like they were the ones challenged and assimilated by Azadistan, bringing that war to their country.
It's my understanding that Setsuna wasn't lying when he said Azadistan was his home country. Kurdistan no longer exists and Setsuna has every right to be in Azadistan.

I'm not surprised that they hate each other with a recent war and what not. People have hated each other for being in a different sect of the same religion (Catholics vs. Protestants, Sunni vs. Shiite).
Old 2007-12-29, 00:40   Link #45
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

But why would they hate people from Kurdistan?

Old 2007-12-29, 00:50   Link #46
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I don't think that Azadistan people hate Kurdistan, they just look down on them. I remember that the old man said something like "You don't belong here" to Setsuna, probably meaning that all the Kurdistan are kinda exiled or are forced to live in some poverty area.
Old 2007-12-29, 00:59   Link #47
monster

Quote:
But why would they hate people from Kurdistan?
Because they're the next door neighbor. It's a country who would interact with Azadistan the most in this time of poverty. Anything from fights over resources to religious difference could occur between two neighboring countries. And when you have something to fight over, hate would naturally thrive, until it could be the only thing left that's fueling the fight.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 04:15   Link #48
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Considering Ali was also taking the religious stand against the "heathens" that have invaded their territory, the freedom fighters of which Setsuna was originally a part of have similar feelings that are expressed by the Conservatives within Azadistan congress.

Also, the way the old man told Setsuna that, it's as if he can't wait to kill him just because he's from Kurdistan. all people around Setsuna were giving him death glares at that, with the children still unaffected by what's going on, and seemingly take Setsuna as someone from Kurdistan only - they still haven't made any hatred connection at that point. If Azadistan merely looked at people from Kurdistan as some lower life form, they could've easily just taunted Setsuna, or even a bunch of kids following their parents' examples do that to Setsuna, calling him names or whatever. But the feeling I got from that interaction with the old man and Setsuna, it was TENSE.

Old 2008-01-12, 12:34   Link #49
Julao

It was really surprising that setsuna sneaked into marina's bedroom just to ask her a question.....hehe XD

I mean, he went all the trouble to sneak into the palace of azadistan with his gundam unnoticed, just to ask her a simple question....XD
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 13:22   Link #50
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Setsuna should have given Marina his cell phone number

And I thought Setsuna doesn't believe in God anymore?
Old 2008-01-12, 16:50   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks to episode 14, we've learn't about one of Setsuna secret skills --- sneaking into a girls bedroom at night in a Gundam.
Old 2008-01-12, 18:54   Link #52
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
The more I think about it, that seems like an awesome skill. For example, if you have a blind date and you don't want to be turned off when the date occurs, that skill would come in handy... >.>

Anyways, I can't help but think that Setsuna read some Batman comics or something because him suddenly disappearing without Marina knowing while she's still talking is a Batman trick...
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 01:58   Link #53
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Setsuna did SAY that he's now becoming the Gundam...

Old 2008-01-13, 02:15   Link #54
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
After the war, he can sell this skill as a service and earn lots of money.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 04:15   Link #55
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Would it be possible for romance to sprout between the two (Setsuna and Marina)? I know it would be a fangirl's wet dream and all, but how do you guys see it from now. I mean, he already sneaked into her (royal, should-have-been guarded better) quarters once. I'm sure he can do it again.

Note: Marina is 8 years older than Setsuna.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 07:44   Link #56
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NominalBeast View Post
Age doesn't have anything to do with it.

At the moment i think it's impossible to say if we'll see romance between the two, heck we might not see any romance in the series. We'll just have to keep observing, and see what happens.
Old 2008-01-13, 10:41   Link #57
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

They just pushed it too far in order to link the two together. The "secretive", low profile which Meister should have is a tough nut to crack for the scriptwriters. Too bad they found a cheap way to do this, making Setsuna break his own "rules of silence" and thus making him look like a fool in my eyes. But hell... he's just an emo kid.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 11:45   Link #58
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by NominalBeast View Post
Would it be possible for romance to sprout between the two (Setsuna and Marina)? I know it would be a fangirl's wet dream and all, but how do you guys see it from now. I mean, he already sneaked into her (royal, should-have-been guarded better) quarters once. I'm sure he can do it again.

It's possible, I cannot deny that -- I mean both are still quite immature in their own ways at the moment, so they match.

I am crossing my fingers that somehow they would manage to make them both mature (at least a little) by the end of the show...

PS I still think Marina will die though, so I am not sure if a romance between those two would really be a fangirl's dream.

Life lesson #146180: girls love pyromaniacs
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:09   Link #59
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
They just pushed it too far in order to link the two together. The "secretive", low profile which Meister should have is a tough nut to crack for the scriptwriters. Too bad they found a cheap way to do this, making Setsuna break his own "rules of silence" and thus making him look like a fool in my eyes. But hell... he's just an emo kid.
Emo or not, he's still just a kid (16, isn't he?). Secretive or not, Setsuna has his reasons for being so. Not saying that he has made a big mistake interacting with Marina, of course. If anything, he is probably amused by her and wants to see how she will "deliver" her country (and his former country that her people assimilated too) out of this crisis. He doesn't thinking too highly of Marina and vice versa and that is pretty much what they both need: A judgmental person that will criticize them without, for any reason, softening the blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
It's possible, I cannot deny that -- I mean both are still quite immature in their own ways at the moment, so they match.

I am crossing my fingers that somehow they would manage to make them both mature (at least a little) by the end of the show...

PS I still think Marina will die though, so I am not sure if a romance between those two would really be a fangirl's dream.
If they live, of course. I'd be sad if she doesn't. I kinda like her.

She really will die at the rate she's going. I mean, the security around her palace is really slack. There should have at least be a body search for weapons. At any rate, how does exile sound to you?
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 23:31   Link #60
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Emo or not, he's still just a kid (16, isn't he?). Secretive or not, Setsuna has his reasons for being so. Not saying that he has made a big mistake interacting with Marina, of course. If anything, he is probably amused by her and wants to see how she will "deliver" her country (and his former country that her people assimilated too) out of this crisis. He doesn't thinking too highly of Marina and vice versa and that is pretty much what they both need: A judgmentalperson that will criticize them without, for any reason, softening the blow.
Well, it just seems a bith hypocritical of Setsuna to first scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name, and then himself giving out his name to Marina. Of course, one could explain as some kind of Seiei's talent to judge people or on some cosmic connection they share, but both arguments seem just weak to me... But hey, he's just 16, right?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote