AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-01-14, 01:38   Link #61
arkxkra
全力全開
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Non-management 97th world
omg, he sneak into marina room, tat was a pros skill, .
__________________
arkxkra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 05:51   Link #62
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Well, it just seems a bith hypocritical of Setsuna to first scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name, and then himself giving out his name to Marina. Of course, one could explain as some kind of Seiei's talent to judge people or on some cosmic connection they share, but both arguments seem just weak to me... But hey, he's just 16, right?
The scolding was one thing. And his name was his own to give, wasn't it? It's not like they could track him down anyways.

We're only human, being hypocrites at the best of times and assholes somewhere down the middle. I think Setsuna is illustrating that aspect of human nature rather well. Surely you can't always be honest when it comes to criticizing yourself. Take this argument for an example. I can call you a jerk while you can claim you're just playing the Devil's Advocate. You can call me ignorant while I can claim that I'm just speculating about Setsuna's character. It's all based on where you're looking from, really.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 06:44   Link #63
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
A'right, Setsuna may be illustrating this human aspect. But it still does not change that in this particular case, he seemed to be hypocritical. As for him giving out his name, it is not like he has an absolute right to decide. He is a part of a larger organization, goddammit. He is not like SEED Destiny's FAITH (silly thing, btw) and cannot just run around, deciding everything by himself.

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-01-14 at 07:09.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 08:25   Link #64
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
A'right, Setsuna may be illustrating this human aspect. But it still does not change that in this particular case, he seemed to be hypocritical. As for him giving out his name, it is not like he has an absolute right to decide. He is a part of a larger organization, goddammit. He is not like SEED Destiny's FAITH (silly thing, btw) and cannot just run around, deciding everything by himself.
I see your point. Thing is, his mother referred to him as something else other than the name he told Marina. It just seems somewhat unlikely that he's being straightforward and not screwing with her now that you think about it. You can also look in terms that he no longer holds his name an important information that he has to step on (No one in the Meister crew seems to really have a real family. They're mostly either dead or isn't introduced yet).

FAITH is more like an independent unit that acts directly under Durandal (AKA Durandal's lapdog/tool/bitch. And, yes, it is silly.). CB is something completely different (secret society thing, etc.). If anyone seems to be CB's leader, it's Veda.
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 10:11   Link #65
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Just to make it clear: By no means I tried to state that FAITH is analogous to CB in ANY way I just mentioned this SEED Destiny organization because its members were given great freedom in their judgement. Unlike CB Meisters, I think, as they HAVE to listen to orders or else they shall be incarcerated just like Hallelujah.

Quote:
see your point. Thing is, his mother referred to him as something else other than the name he told Marina. It just seems somewhat unlikely that he's being straightforward and not screwing with her now that you think about it. You can also look in terms that he no longer holds his name an important information that he has to step on
Well, then I see no reason why he should EVER be so tight about the name secrecy. His scolding of Hallelujah was just plain unfair then. There could be many explanations. But all of them just don't seem strong enough to question the fact that Setsuna turned out to be a hypocrite In this case, this "human error" factor makes the character less likable to me, rather than make me feel more attached to him.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 12:18   Link #66
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post

Well, then I see no reason why he should EVER be so tight about the name secrecy. His scolding of Hallelujah was just plain unfair then. There could be many explanations. But all of them just don't seem strong enough to question the fact that Setsuna turned out to be a hypocrite In this case, this "human error" factor makes the character less likable to me, rather than make me feel more attached to him.
So I guess you would feel more attached to characters who make no mistakes and in the long run act like emotionless robots, am I right?
__________________
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 12:22   Link #67
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
So I guess you would feel more attached to characters who make no mistakes and in the long run act like emotionless robots, am I right?
Wrong conclusion. I feel attached to characters that do not leave to me an impression of being hypocritical. Ignorant maybe. But never hypocritical.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 06:34   Link #68
NominalBeast
Evolved Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Thailand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Wrong conclusion. I feel attached to characters that do not leave to me an impression of being hypocritical. Ignorant maybe. But never hypocritical.
I got the same impression from reading your post, really. You must be a Heero fan. The preference fits the description.

*Throws salt at you*
NominalBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 07:54   Link #69
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NominalBeast View Post
I got the same impression from reading your post, really. You must be a Heero fan. The preference fits the description.

*Throws salt at you*
Haha. I'm a Dearka, Shinn and Kira fan. Actually, I'm a fan of pretty much every positive character in SEED

And my favorite character in Gundam 00 is Lockon Stratos and my least favorite so far is Tieria Erde. Hence you may see that I rather like kind or/and emotional characters whilst "heartless bastards" type really doesn't appeal to me at all

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-01-15 at 08:21.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 05:15   Link #70
Julao
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
did setsuna went into marina's room just to ask one question, or he just wanted

to see her before the ensuing battle between CB and the "UNION, HRL & AEU"

alliance begins.

If so, then she made marina really worried about him.........hehehe XD

Last edited by Julao; 2008-01-20 at 05:56. Reason: grammar error
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 05:59   Link #71
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Haha. I'm a Dearka, Shinn and Kira fan. Actually, I'm a fan of pretty much every positive character in SEED

And my favorite character in Gundam 00 is Lockon Stratos and my least favorite so far is Tieria Erde. Hence you may see that I rather like kind or/and emotional characters whilst "heartless bastards" type really doesn't appeal to me at all
Yeah, but Setsuna is Heero, Lockon is Duo, Allelujah is Trowa, and Tieria is both Quatre and Wufei.

So you should like Tieria too, because deep down inside, we know he's actually a quite a sweetheart, but only when his Gundam is naked.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 06:48   Link #72
Marina Ismail
<3 Sheryl Saotome
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julao View Post
did setsuna went into marina's room just to ask one question, or he just wanted

to see her before the ensuing battle between CB and the "UNION, HRL & AEU"

alliance begins.

If so, then she made marina really worried about him.........hehehe XD
Even if that may not be what his reason was for, I'm taking that as a reason since they are slowly becoming my 2nd OTP after SasuSaku that is...
Marina Ismail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 16:44   Link #73
musicalcroc
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
When did Setsuna scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name? I thought he told Allelujah not to talk about the weakness of Ptolemaios?
musicalcroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 18:32   Link #74
FireChick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
When did Setsuna scold his teammate for mentioning the Meister's name? I thought he told Allelujah not to talk about the weakness of Ptolemaios?
No, I think that was Tieria that did that.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 18:45   Link #75
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
It was Setsuna. Teiria had already left to return to the Ptolemy by that point.
__________________
Terra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 20:34   Link #76
Narutaro
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuniiChan View Post
Even if that may not be what his reason was for, I'm taking that as a reason since they are slowly becoming my 2nd OTP after SasuSaku that is...
after watching ep 15, I'm rooting for Setsuna/Nena even though I haven't seen Nena outside from character art. don't really like Setsuna/Marina because of age difference, and I like Nena's design from what I've seen
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 20:54   Link #77
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Neena's gonna be the one that ignites his spark, Marina's going to be the one that takes him forever.

See Kira with Fllay and Lacus.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 11:11   Link #78
Julao
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
first setsuna, now neena........I wonder how Marina is going to react when she

finds out about neena....?????
Julao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:12   Link #79
ipernorris
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Neena's gonna be the one that ignites his spark, Marina's going to be the one that takes him forever.

See Kira with Fllay and Lacus.
Fllay didn't have a gundam and she was loved by Kira.
This doesn't happen here: Setsuna is disgusted by Neena, not to mention he consider her an enemy, not a "fellow Gundam Meinster".
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 18:46   Link #80
Papaya
Sup
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Fllay didn't have a gundam and she was loved by Kira.
This doesn't happen here: Setsuna is disgusted by Neena, not to mention he consider her an enemy, not a "fellow Gundam Meinster".
Yeah, well Neena's name is Neena, and Fllay's name is Fllay.

There are going to be differences, but if prior Gundam series are any indication, this is probably going to happen. The predictable writing is just SCREAMING it.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.