AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Vampire Knight

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 15:50   Link #281
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I am still sketchy about what to think of Kaname. They say that it is too good to be true sometimes, and he is one of those examples. The big question is indeed what he is trying to achieve by cooperating with humans. Can I really expect him to have a heart of gold? Interesting that you thought that Cross may also be a vampire. Though I see it as unlikely as a gut feelings. But he does know a lot and is just hiding it behind that cheerful personality. Methinks sooner or later some vampire group will rebel. Then we will see what Kaname's true intentions are.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 15:56   Link #282
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Wow the first EP is way better than i expected.

The ED is an uber spoiler, itself

The whole story revolves around the past of the 3 main characters.

@Deathkillz
Kaname true intentions are very far fetched so far fetched than it took me 2 weeks to digest the last manga chapter
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 16:04   Link #283
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
But i will say this

Spoiler for For Skyfall/Not really a spoiler but will help add to your speculation.:
Hm, now that bit definitely is interesting. At the very least it supports my theory that there is more to Yuuki. I still stand by my "sealed vampire or artificial human" theories, even though both have flaws / rather far fetched due to lack of information. Admittedly, the "human doll" is more far fetched, because i have nothing to support t besides the ED, which might be meant to take in non-literal manner. Personally i am leaning towards the vampire theory, but i will see due time i guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage
I personally wonder whether Headmaster Cross is a vampire himself. If not then how did he end up being so closely acquainted with Kaname - and possibly the Clan Family themselves? What are his connections to all this because we can clearly see that the relationship between him and Kaname appears to go a ways back - so much so that Kaname would actually trust him enough to hand Yuuki over to his care. Also, I wonder if Kaname's insistence on co-existence between vampires and humans stem from whatever happens before that snowy day - is it for Yuuki's sake? or is there another reason?
If i were to take a guess on the headmaster ... first i would say this - Yuuki's electric "stick" and Zero's gun (noted to be especially deadly for vampires) must come from somewhere ... most likely the headmaster obtained these, or he might be acquainted to someone who could provide these tools. Now, who would have tools that would be "especially deadly for vampires" ... ?

Though if that were the case, i would be left clueless about his motives, so ..*shrug*

quite possible they have such equipment "just because", so don't mind me too much.
Old 2008-04-11, 16:13   Link #284
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Hm, now that bit definitely is interesting. At the very least it supports my theory that there is more to Yuuki. I still stand by my "sealed vampire or artificial human" theories, even though both have flaws / rather far fetched due to lack of information. Admittedly, the "human doll" is more far fetched, because i have nothing to support t besides the ED, which might be meant to take in non-literal manner. Personally i am leaning towards the vampire theory, but i will see due time i guess.
If Yuuki were in fact, a human doll, why would Kaname have so much interest in her? Keep in mind, that he seems to have stuck around and kept an eye on her since she was 5 years old. Just some food for thought.

Quote:
If i were to take a guess on the headmaster ... first i would say this - Yuuki's electric "stick" and Zero's gun (noted to be especially deadly for vampires) must come from somewhere ... most likely the headmaster obtained these, or he might be acquainted to someone who could provide these tools. Now, who would have tools that would be "especially deadly for vampires" ... ?

Though if that were the case, i would be left clueless about his motives, so ..*shrug*

quite possible they have such equipment "just because", so don't mind me too much.
you .... are too smart for your own good me thinks lol
deathsvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 16:20   Link #285
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance View Post
If Yuuki were in fact, a human doll, why would Kaname have so much interest in her? Keep in mind, that he seems to have stuck around and kept an eye on her since she was 5 years old. Just some food for thought.
Why do i get the feeling i am being nudged in the direction of the vampire theory ?

Well, there could be a number of reasons - people form attachments from various things and for different reasons. If you have known someone for prolonged period of time (and care for that person) i doubt a simple "oh, thats just a doll. don't mind it" mindset would really work. (plus, if i go with the doll theory as i see it, she was created for a reason, and in such case unlikely with noble motives ... it might well be Kaname wants to keep that (whatever it might be) from manifesting. (Though formed an attachment along the way)

And that is assuming Kaname knows truth about her, whatever that might be ... though if your comment is anything to go by, what i can digest from it is that he indeed knows and it actually might have been the very reason he has stuck by her. At the moment i can't take this thought any further though, as i would be shooting completely in the dark He does seem to be romantically interested in her ( i think), though i don't think that would have been the case 5 years ago.
Old 2008-04-11, 16:27   Link #286
Rika_Chama

http://www.artsonia.com/museum/art.asp?id=3012999
just one fanart by me... the quality's kinda bad though
Old 2008-04-11, 16:43   Link #287
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Lightbulb

Quote:
Why do i get the feeling i am being nudged in the direction of the vampire theory ?

Well, there could be a number of reasons - people form attachments from various things and for different reasons. If you have known someone for prolonged period of time (and care for that person) i doubt a simple "oh, thats just a doll. don't mind it" mindset would really work. (plus, if i go with the doll theory as i see it, she was created for a reason, and in such case unlikely with noble motives ... it might well be Kaname wants to keep that (whatever it might be) from manifesting. (Though formed an attachment along the way)

And that is assuming Kaname knows truth about her, whatever that might be ... though if your comment is anything to go by, what i can digest from it is that he indeed knows and it actually might have been the very reason he has stuck by her. At the moment i can't take this thought any further though, as i would be shooting completely in the dark He does seem to be romantically interested in her ( i think), though i don't think that would have been the case 5 years ago.
I wasn't really nudging you anywhere I just personally don't see why a vampire would have any interest in a doll. Plus I wouldn't think a doll would have such sweet smelling blood.

Although, if she were a doll, perhaps she would be an experiment! A way to keep vampires from preying on humans, they created the dolls as a means for vampires to receive the nourishment that they need.

ooh ideas ideas ideas! I love speculating, its so much fun lol
Old 2008-04-11, 17:32   Link #288
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance View Post
I wasn't really nudging you anywhere
lies
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance
I just personally don't see why a vampire would have any interest in a doll. Plus I wouldn't think a doll would have such sweet smelling blood.
Perhaps a doll is a wrong way to put it, as thats not exactly what i have in mind. What i am thinking is - an existence that resembles human in every way, only brought about in supernatural manner for some specific task. Ultimately someone that no one would care if she is gone. (Clone of the original? *shrug*)

And who knows what interest Kaname might have in her ...for all we know, him meeting her on that snowy day might not have been a coincidence either. ooh, the possibilities for conspiracy theories

Quote:
Although, if she were a doll, perhaps she would be an experiment! A way to keep vampires from preying on humans, they created the dolls as a means for vampires to receive the nourishment that they need.
In that case, she is not "working as intended" Besides, vampires are developing those tablets - i don't think they would go for that if they could opt for "clones" or what not instead and get actual blood.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:50   Link #289
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
According to this french site, LaLa (shojo magazine?) had several polls and it seems Kaname's more popular, but the ZeroxYuuki pairing is prefered.
Ah, thanks for the link!

Seems like Kaname just edged out Zero as the preferred character. I'm a little surprised actually 'cause you would think that the more popular character would also be in the most preferred pairing. I guess all the fangirls just wanted Kaname to themselves. And it seems like the Senri x Rima pairing is pretty popular, which is a pleasant surprise.

And are one of the categories something like "who would you prefer to drink your blood?" If so, looks like Kaname wins by a large margin.
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 17:50   Link #290
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Now I would be dammed if Kaname has any relations with Yuki's past.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 17:54   Link #291
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

lol@I got screwed by blatant spoilers on Wikipedia months ago when I first picked up the manga, and my whole manga experience was a lot worse because of that.
Gah. For the love of whomever you believe in, don't read the wiki on Vampire Knight if you want to continue discussing all of these topics.
Old 2008-04-11, 18:36   Link #292
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

Quote:
lies

Perhaps a doll is a wrong way to put it, as thats not exactly what i have in mind. What i am thinking is - an existence that resembles human in every way, only brought about in supernatural manner for some specific task. Ultimately someone that no one would care if she is gone. (Clone of the original? *shrug*)

And who knows what interest Kaname might have in her ...for all we know, him meeting her on that snowy day might not have been a coincidence either. ooh, the possibilities for conspiracy theories

In that case, she is not "working as intended" Besides, vampires are developing those tablets - i don't think they would go for that if they could opt for "clones" or what not instead and get actual blood.
waaah I was just trying to throw you off track with my random, makes-no-sense, theory hahaha

I failed ; ;
Old 2008-04-11, 18:40   Link #293
White Manju Bun
Dancin' fools
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Possibly, he was the one who found her but as Sky said it could all be coincidence at this point. Why was she out there? Why was he out there? Looks like ya'll will have to wait and see.
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 20:26   Link #294
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Regarding Zero transforming, it took him four years to do so? Wow, didn't know turning into a vampire has such a long lag period - or could that be due to his heritage that allowed him to resist for this long?
Seeing that he can basically mix around witht he normal students and still resist any urges of sucking blood, he must have some really strong self control there, or maybe its strong self-control + hatred towards vampires that allowed him to last till now.
And if vampires were really divided into clans, I'm assuming all the vampires in the school are from the Kuran clan, thats why they listen to Kaname that much?
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:10   Link #295
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post
And are one of the categories something like "who would you prefer to drink your blood?" If so, looks like Kaname wins by a large margin.
It's "whose blood would you like to drink", but close enough
There's also a "Who would you like as a lover?" (Kaname wins), a "Who would you like as your brother/sister?" (Zero wins ) and a "Which quote is your favorite one?" (a Zero to Yuki one wins)...

The results were similar in the previous poll. So yeah, fangirls love Kaname but it's a nice change to see it doesn't mean they want him to win in the love triangle.
Old 2008-04-11, 21:21   Link #296
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
What? You mean you actually believe that Kaname was just randomly saving Yuuki by being in the right spot at the right time 10 years ago? Considering that Kaname is still protective of the girl, I'd say I would be flabbergasted if he does NOT have any past ties with Yuki before that incident. Most random savings has the saviour leaving or even forgetting the incident, and Kaname doesn't look like he's doing either. XD

And lol @ qtipbrit. That teaches you to go to wiki for information. I got spoiled once there (forgot which series it was though, was an eroge IIRC), and I never go there unless I'm actually looking for spoilers.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:31   Link #297
PreSage
Damn, no more Ao...

Quote:

Well, perhaps saying that Cross may be a vampire is throwing it pretty far out there because, really, I strongly believe he isn't. But the fact that he is not a vampire makes his relationship with the vampires even more intriguing; I mean, we know how superior vampires are (and they have an ego to show it) so why would vampires allow a mere human to hold the position of Headmaster? Or is Cross really just a puppet? Aside from student vamps, there are their teachers and not to mention the greater ranking vamps that are known as purebloods. Surely they wouldn't appreciate following the orders of a human. Could his position be due to Kaname's influence? Having said that, however, it may also be possible that he's playing both cards - befriending the vampires AND planning for their demise (ie. the weapons you pointed out). Of anyone who is sneaky, that Headmaster is a damn good one.

Quote:
I am still sketchy about what to think of Kaname. They say that it is too good to be true sometimes, and he is one of those examples. The big question is indeed what he is trying to achieve by cooperating with humans. Can I really expect him to have a heart of gold? Interesting that you thought that Cross may also be a vampire. Though I see it as unlikely as a gut feelings. But he does know a lot and is just hiding it behind that cheerful personality. Methinks sooner or later some vampire group will rebel. Then we will see what Kaname's true intentions are.
It seems that Kaname may hold some kind of a good intention about human/vampire relation because when he killed that vampire attacking Yuuki he said that vampires like them are a disgrace. Don't know why, but I just have this nagging feeling that Kaname is greatly misunderstood because his character is withheld in such secrecy. Meh, it'll probably explode out that Kaname is the true emo one.

But one thing I consider certain: Kaname can be very cruel if he wants to be.

I actually want Kaname to win in the love war - am I the rare fangirl species here then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
Seeing that he can basically mix around witht he normal students and still resist any urges of sucking blood, he must have some really strong self control there, or maybe its strong self-control + hatred towards vampires that allowed him to last till now.
And if vampires were really divided into clans, I'm assuming all the vampires in the school are from the Kuran clan, thats why they listen to Kaname that much?
The scene in the bathroom clearly shows that he's resisting the urge; that's for sure.
---------------
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:52   Link #298
OMchan
オムちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurys View Post
It's "whose blood would you like to drink", but close enough
There's also a "Who would you like as a lover?" (Kaname wins), a "Who would you like as your brother/sister?" (Zero wins ) and a "Which quote is your favorite one?" (a Zero to Yuki one wins)...

The results were similar in the previous poll. So yeah, fangirls love Kaname but it's a nice change to see it doesn't mean they want him to win in the love triangle.
Ohhhhhhh, I knew it was drink something, but oh well. Though if it WAS the other way around, I'm sure Kaname would have won that too.

Yikes, VK fangirls just seem to want to eat Kaname alive. And wow, never expected fans to want Zero as a brother (lol)... I was sure Kaname had that one in the bag too! But then again, the poll seems to show that he's more lover material than brother material.
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 21:55   Link #299
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Judging from the polls, it seems the fangirls wants Zero to win the triangle in order so that they can have sexy Kaname all for themselves.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 22:07   Link #300
SkoolRumble4Ya

Maybe kaname has something do with Yuki parents that's why he is being nice to her and will later reveal he is the mastermind behind everything that will happen lol.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote