AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-01, 14:13   Link #61
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Just...new to the anime. I thought I'll watch it since its the only reverse harem out this season (correct me if I'm wrong). I haven't seen any other Angelique series, but I thought I'll take a shot at this. I actually enjoyed it to my surprised, I always get annoyed with reverse harem but I guess this time it worked for me.

Firstly the animation, background looks...really shiny and pretty <3 Character designs are all really nice, Ange can easily be placed in a normal harem anime and still look pretty. A soft spoken female lead in a reverse harem seems pretty rare, they are usually slightly violent, un-shy typical female lead. For some reason she really reminds me of Tomoyo from Cardcaptor Sakura. Didn't seem like an airhead either.

Bishies overload again. Nothing to complain about the bishies. RAYNE <3 yay for male tsundere.
Old 2008-05-05, 10:37   Link #62
LKK

Since I'm waiting for the subs, I'm a bit behind in this series. Thoughts on ep 2 which I watched a few days ago.

-- Some of my fears about Ange was being the damsel in distress were relieved since she wasn't one here. I'm okay with her being held back from battle until the end where she delivers the final blow with her purifying prayer power. Of course, this may change when the opponents become more powerful and smarter. She's still likely to become a damsel in distress when that happens. But as long as (1) it's not her own stupidity that puts her in that role and (2) it takes a smarter, stronger opponent to capture her, I'm okay with that too.

-- The OP was worth watching several times using the pause button here and there. There's some potentially significant information hidden in those fast images. Each of the main guys gets a solo appearance that offers some insight. The two I remember best are Rayne's and J.D.'s.

Rayne was working with an assistant in his lab. More than a pure scientist, he seems to be an inventor-engineer. Goes along with his "artifact" research, I suppose.

J.D. was encased in a bio-lab type of module with electrodes attached to him. In the prologue to episode 1, J.D.'s opponent Jet taunts J.D. with the line "You're defective." Taking those together, I'd guess that J.D. is a manufacturer human of some time. Either an enhanced human or perhaps an outright creation. The opponent Jet is likely one as well.

Nyx's OP scene with the blue glowing whatnot on his face combined with his slightly ominous line and smile before the eye catch worries me. Hints that he will double-cross Ange at some point? On the other hand, Nyx is with the group that is coming to rescue Ange in the ep 1 prologue, so perhaps his betrayal is a misunderstanding? Or he returns to the good side eventually?

-- I don't really expect the series to end with Ange in a romantic relationship at the end of the series. But if she does actually choose a guy, my money's on Rayne at the moment.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
My manga list | My anime DVD list
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 15:14   Link #63
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
ep 5
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 01:47   Link #64
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

Heheh, well, for all, WhiteLight Subs will be picking up the project on Neo Angelique Abyss (we released episode 1). We will try our best to get it up to date. No promises, but we will try, hehe. ^^ Go check out the news here. ^^

Click the signature!
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 15:40   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

I've made a page showing pics of each character and of their VA, to help me (and hopefully others) keep track of who's who. There's also a little info about other roles each VA has done.

The page is here, or you can get to it from my new blog post about this series.

And by the way, thanks to our benefactors, the subbers.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 15:08   Link #66
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Wow Impz subbing O.o!!

We might just get up to date (GL guys ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-05-08, 17:23   Link #67
LKK

Ep 3 thoughts.

-- We meet the last of Ange's four protectors from the ep 1 prologue. One of the mysterious knights mentioned before. Apparently, he's abandoned his knightly duties and gone off purifying on his own for now. Well, up until he met Ange, of course. Now he works for her.

-- Nyx's comment that J.D. probably wouldn't like the salt air is to me further indication that J.D. is more android than humanoid. That, and the glowing circuitry in J.D.'s opponent at the end of the episode. What made me curious was Nyx's comment that the salt air wouldn't be good for him either. I wonder why?

-- We met Rayne's older brother and learned (surprise, surprise) that the two are currently at odds. Apparently older brother's underling and Rayne also have some unpleasant history between them as well. Brother and underling's interest in Ange is worrisome. Everyone wants to use Ange for some reason. But their reason strikes me as probably harmful to her and others.

-- Of Ange's 4 protectors, I like Rayne the best. I'm rooting for him in the Win Ange's Heart war.

Still liking this series a lot. I called it My Guilty Pleasure earlier. But in all honestly, I feel no guilt whatsoever in enjoying this show.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-15, 16:57   Link #68
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 6
Spoiler:

Old 2008-05-17, 08:06   Link #69
Ash Falls Town

This show is ending up more complicated but also funnier than I thought it would be.
Spoiler for episode 6:

Rayne is my favourite protector although the show has downplayed the romance angle enough that a non pairing ending wouldn't actually feel like a cop-out.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 10:01   Link #70
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Rayne is my favourite protector although the show has downplayed the romance angle enough that a non pairing ending wouldn't actually feel like a cop-out.
I don't expect the series to end with a definite pairing. Most harem / reverse harems show don't, in my experience. But despite that, I'm rooting for Rayne. He's my favorite protector as well.

Old 2008-05-20, 08:14   Link #71
icemarle
StrawberyMintSubs Founder
*Fansubber

*cough* I seriously don't expect any romance to turn up here. (Yes I finally spoke... I mostly lurk in forums, not post) This is a Neoromance anime for crying out loud... You can't expect the girl to end up with anyone! In case you don't know, Neoromance is a group of games by Koei with titles like La Corda d'oro, Harukanaru Toki no Naka de and Angelique/Neo Angelique. All of which are reverse harem dating sim games with different stories/gameplay. You can only expect the character to end up with someone in the games or in doujinshi (Even BL pairings... >_<) But based on what I've seen so far, I don't think Angelique will pair up with anybody in the end. The closest I've ever seen to a pairing was Angelique and Oscar in Angelique OVA 4... And we aren't even sure of that yet... in fact, the pairing should be invalid since Angelique becomes queen and a queen can't be in a relationship with a guardian, though.

Just my thoughts...

Hyuuga ftw. ^_^ I'm a huge fan of Neoromance stuff... I've even played the games to some extent... XD Ahh... fun things...
Old 2008-05-20, 12:43   Link #72
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Heh, even though there are such rules as a forbidden relationship between guardians, even I don't see that Ange ending up breaking the rule (as much as I dream ).

ep 7
Spoiler:

Old 2008-05-20, 13:02   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Kimura Juri

I enjoyed ep7, too. Something a little different, as Deathkillz describes.
Kimura Juri 木村珠莉 Joined Tokyo Voice Actors' Co-op in 2011, did voice-overs for corporate presentations. Anime bit parts 2013-14. Stars in Shirobako as Miyamori, will star in Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku (spring). Enjoys music, looking at Buddha images, reading. Used to work at a bookstore. Says she is a maudlin drunk. Age unknown.
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi |
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-21, 07:50   Link #74
icemarle
StrawberyMintSubs Founder
*Fansubber

Ep 7... That was just wonderful... I liked the scene before the OP started too. This is one of the best episodes I've seen so far in my opinion. I can't wait to see the pasts of the other guys.

Last edited by icemarle; 2008-05-23 at 10:00.
icemarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 10:32   Link #75
Molenir

Just finished watching episodes 3 and 4. A couple thoughts...

Spoiler:

Her face looked kinda odd occasionally in episode 3 as well.

Spoiler for Thoughts on Episode 4:

Maybe I'm just tired, and thus easily annoyed. Maybe after I get some sleep, this show won't be as irksome. I really want to like it, I mean the cute girl, the amazing scenery. Its got a lot to recommend it. But right now anyway, I'm getting annoyed with how the story is progressing.

Last edited by Molenir; 2008-05-30 at 11:04.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 15:56   Link #76
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Why do I get the feeling that this series is being overlooked by the majority? I mean it isn't the best series this season but I believe it deserves more credit /looks disappointed at the lack of discussion ;__;

ep 8
Spoiler:

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-06-08 at 12:06. Reason: wth...why did I put ep 7!? >.>
Old 2008-06-03, 18:16   Link #77
LKK

Oh wow. Your post, Killz, pointed out to me that I had ep 7 and hadn't watched it yet. How forgetful of me. I like this series. I still feel that Neo Angelique Abyss is my guilty pleasure that I feel no guilt whatsoever in taking pleasure from because it's fun in every way. Definitely gonna watch ep 7 later this evening. Looking forward to it because Rayne is my favorite of the guardians.

Old 2008-06-04, 11:14   Link #78
nanafan
horo fan

i just started watching angelique and i must say that it's a good show, love the animation very pretty and shiny (i like shiny!) i watched one episode of the original angelique ova, but that's it. i like rayne too, even though he has a tough side, but he warms up to people.

All my little plans and schemes, lost like some forgotten dreams, seems like all i really was doing was waiting for you..-Real Love
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 09:01   Link #79
NeoSam

Neo Angelique Abyss: Second Age

A new "Neo Angelique" tv anime series will start broadcast in July 2008, and its titled:

ネオアンジェリーク Abyss Second Ag
Neo Angelique Abyss Second Ag

There's currently a tv anime series titled Neo Angelique Abyss being broadcasted:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Angelique_~Abyss~

Neo Angelique is a romantic adventure game aimed at females:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angeliq...panese_series)

Source: MoonPhase diary

Edit:

Some broadcast dates have been updated, click on the following link to access upcoming anime and their broadcast dates:
Old 2008-06-08, 12:25   Link #80
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Oh man I'm so dumb...I can't believe I tagged the previous episode "ep 7" when it should have been 8 >.>

As for now, I just have to also add this series to the list under my siggy is it is really being overlooked ;___;

Ep 9 was another splendid episode...I swear, it keeps getting better and better

Spoiler:

edit: oh wow, I also see ep 10 floating around too, maybe I'll watch that later

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2008-06-08 at 17:27.

Tags
action, shoujo