AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2007-12-12, 04:53   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

One Piece - Chapter 482 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 05:08   Link #2
Sazelyt
F i n

As expected, Luffy activates Gear 2. Luffy attacks with Jet Rocket (and two times Jet Bazooka), and the impact of that seems to force some shadows escape Moria's body (it looks similar to throwing out blood, nice picture). Moria then uses his shadow bats and attacks Luffy. But, with the other pirates waiting with their breathes hold, nothing happens bad to Luffy. Luffy uses his (the summary mentions Bone) Jet Bullet, forcing again Moria to let go of more shadows. At the end Moria falls. He sees the sunlight appearing, we see smoke appearing around Zoro and the other strawhats (and other pirates) while Moria completely throwing out the shadows (in the vertical direction).

My guess is he admitted loss and let go of the shadows at the end, but, we will see after someone translates the posted summary script. (That is a correct guess. Moria lets our characters live and move forward...)

(Assuming we are allowed to post a single page if it illustrates a whole lot) I will also post the most important page (so far), since it corresponds to the end of the fight...
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-12-12 at 12:19. Reason: Added information and corrected terms
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 06:47   Link #3
Nuzzles

Any more pics where that came from?
Nuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 10:43   Link #4
naruto89

its confirmed Moria got owned and releases the shadow's but leaves them a little message:

Moria: Straw Hats!!! you should go as you please!! You'll meet true evil in the new world!! Aggh

Dissapointed
naruto89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 11:57   Link #5
Fyria

Looks action packed chapter again with some cool finishing moves and dramatics.

I can't wait
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 12:29   Link #6
Nuzzles

Just saw some more pics. Seems Luffy has a lot more power than I gave him credit for

Hmm, reading that Luffy uses Gear 2nd and 3rd together it makes sense.

Last edited by Nuzzles; 2007-12-12 at 12:46.
Old 2007-12-12, 13:02   Link #7
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Moria just got Pwned, no if's and's or but's about it.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 13:19   Link #8
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Luffy was going to get help from whom Phenomenol?

I believe Luffy is just about as strong as a Shichibukai yes? I hope being proven wrong once again isn't so painful.
Old 2007-12-12, 14:18   Link #9
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
Luffy was going to get help from whom Phenomenol?

I believe Luffy is just about as strong as a Shichibukai yes? I hope being proven wrong once again isn't so painful.
Wait what?

So Luffy is as strong as Mihawk or Blackbeard?
Old 2007-12-12, 14:27   Link #10
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
Wait what?

They aren't the only Shichibukai you know...
Old 2007-12-12, 15:08   Link #11
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Probably not. I expect Luffy to be as strong as the highest level guys only when he reaches a certain level in his development (maybe after a gear 4 and gear 5). From the summary, we saw a glimpse of gear 4.

But, your starting point for comparison is not very good. I can understand Blackbeard. But for Mihawk....Mihawk-Luffy comparison will not result in anything, since I don't expect him to be Luffy's opponent basically because of completely different fighting styles.
Old 2007-12-12, 16:45   Link #12
Slayerx

Y'know one problem i have with this chapter is that it seems that Robin didn't get her shadow back when Moria was KO'd the first time... This begs to ask, "how did Robin get up to help take down Oz?"... she should have been knocked out for 3 days and i didn't see anyone go and find a way to wake her up. i kind of assumed that after Moria got knocked out Robin regained her shadow and thus her consciousness... though now i'm left wonder how she got up before

As for Luffy's fight with Moria... i'll save that for when i actually see how the fight went down... frankly, i'm kind of thinking that all those shadows only served to make him bloated and really strong physcially, but did nothing to increase the strength of his shadow powers and did not increase his speed which would allow gear 2 Luffy to run circles around him... massive strength doesn't matter much if you can't keep up with your target

Quote:
So Moria and Croc are not shichibukai level?
Really now, the level that we call "Shichibukai" considers ALL of the shichibukai not just the upper tear... as long as Luffy is ATLEAST on the same level as the lowest shichbukai then he can be considered shichibukai level. It is no surprise that Luffy was able to beat Moria, afterall he may have struggled against Croc but Luffy has grown A LOT stronger since then... it's not that Moria's weak, its just that Luffy has come a LONG way since he beat up Croc
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 16:46   Link #13
Fyria

Also this who is stronger who discussion is quite pointless...

If Schichibukai member is devil fruit user, lets say Logia or such.

Just sneak his bed, put Seastone collar to his neck and stab his heart with dagger.

Does that make you stronger than Shichibukai you killed?
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 16:51   Link #14
james0246

All this talk concerning the 'level' or 'strength' of the Shichibukai is a little silly or at least ill-defined. Specifically, the idea that even if an individual (in this case Luffy) defeats a member of the Shichibukai they can not be said to be at the same level of strength as the Shichibukai is erronous if you are justifying your position based on the notion that there is someone stronger still in the group. To put it another way, their is no true quantifiable level of strength for the Shichibukai as a group because we simply do not know enough about them. But, for the members we have seen fight, we can clearly say that Luffy is at the Shichibukai-Moria level, or something to that effect. By clearly stating what level Luffy is currently at (even if the level is just a weak comparison based off of enemies he has defeated) the silly arguments concerning whether or not Luffy is at the so-called Shichibukai level can be silenced. (ex. Luffy is Shichibukai-Moria level of strength/power/etc (whatever you want to call his index of power) but Luffy is not at the Shichibukai-Blackbeard level (I am not sure if this completly true, but it is a fair assumption.))
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 17:03   Link #15
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I was expecting more then just Moria getting crushed
i wish sanji did some awsome leg kick or something
Old 2007-12-12, 17:51   Link #16
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
I was expecting more then just Moria getting crushed
That is to be expected, considering the quickly approaching sunlight deadline.

The last Luffy-Moria fight was one of those fights that you wanted to get over with it, the result was obvious, the method was obvious, the time limit was obvious. The only missing part was the response at the end, which in our case refers to information on Ace and Blackbeard.
Old 2007-12-12, 18:06   Link #17
shankss
CP10

So they really made this fight 15 seconds longer just to please world-wide shichibukai fanboys whose crying over Moria's easy defeat inside of his robotic slave...

Quote:
its confirmed Moria got owned and releases the shadow's but leaves them a little message:

Moria: Straw Hats!!! you should go as you please!! You'll meet true evil in the new world!! Aggh
damn that was somehow so terminatoristic :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko Moria
ILL BE BACK STRRAWHATZ!!! ARGHH

Last edited by shankss; 2007-12-12 at 18:16.
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 03:36   Link #18
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
All this talk concerning the 'level' or 'strength' of the Shichibukai is a little silly or at least ill-defined. Specifically, the idea that even if an individual (in this case Luffy) defeats a member of the Shichibukai they can not be said to be at the same level of strength as the Shichibukai is erronous if you are justifying your position based on the notion that there is someone stronger still in the group. To put it another way, their is no true quantifiable level of strength for the Shichibukai as a group because we simply do not know enough about them. But, for the members we have seen fight, we can clearly say that Luffy is at the Shichibukai-Moria level, or something to that effect. By clearly stating what level Luffy is currently at (even if the level is just a weak comparison based off of enemies he has defeated) the silly arguments concerning whether or not Luffy is at the so-called Shichibukai level can be silenced. (ex. Luffy is Shichibukai-Moria level of strength/power/etc (whatever you want to call his index of power) but Luffy is not at the Shichibukai-Blackbeard level (I am not sure if this completly true, but it is a fair assumption.))
Actually, the argument can be very easily explained. Shichibukai is a group, and every member is considered Shichibukai. Luffy has defeated two Shichibukais so far. Count them again, two! This much like saying, if I beat two professional boxers, am I good enough to go into pro boxing? The answer is YES! If I'm stronger/better than any of the pro boxers in play right now, why can't I be a pro boxer myself? Do I have to be Ali? Do I have to be Tyson? No! I can just be some mediocre pro boxers. Luffy has proven he's strong enough to be Shichibukai.

Phenomenol's response to my post proves once again, he is not capable of argument.
Old 2007-12-13, 12:38   Link #19
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Probably not. I expect Luffy to be as strong as the highest level guys only when he reaches a certain level in his development (maybe after a gear 4 and gear 5). From the summary, we saw a glimpse of gear 4.

But, your starting point for comparison is not very good. I can understand Blackbeard. But for Mihawk....Mihawk-Luffy comparison will not result in anything, since I don't expect him to be Luffy's opponent basically because of completely different fighting styles.
That has nothing to do with how strong Luffy is compared to Mihawk. Luffy is nowhere near Mihawk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
So Moria and Croc are not shichibukai level?
Really now, the level that we call "Shichibukai" considers ALL of the shichibukai not just the upper tear... as long as Luffy is ATLEAST on the same level as the lowest shichbukai then he can be considered shichibukai level. It is no surprise that Luffy was able to beat Moria, afterall he may have struggled against Croc but Luffy has grown A LOT stronger since then... it's not that Moria's weak, its just that Luffy has come a LONG way since he beat up Croc
Crocodile is REPLACED by Blackbeard and Moria was weak as hell as we all found out. Luffy could obviously replace Moria as a Shichibukai but he will be the weakest MEMBER of the Shichibukai that is my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo
Phenomenol's response to my post proves once again, he is not capable of argument.
Really? You didn't answer my question, Your the one not capable of argument.
Old 2007-12-13, 13:45   Link #20
noktown

IMO - If Luffy decides to take down some of the high level shichibuka he will do that,and i think that we will see him fighting 1 soon.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote