AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 02:57   Link #941
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Except you know that's not accurate, if you had watched...
Spoiler:
so I don't see how it's shallow, the moment this is resolved and they clasp hands for what happens is quite the payoff for a first episode of a show this long.

Man it's hard to point out how that's not the case without spoiling since you won't check the spoiler since you haven't actually seen it yourself yet lol.
Except that there weren't enough nouns and complete sentences being used so three people end up massively misunderstanding each other. There's no real reason to spoiler the episode events since its been out for long enough.

Leedizzle posted that if he were "Soul" he'd have actually betrayed Maka and gone with the witch Blair (boobs ftw). However, he failed to actually name the characters (which confused me at first, I thought he was talking about Tsubaki it was so murky).

Superknuckles responded that someone actually choosing Blair in that situation, well it would have been a seriously shallow decision and said so. In the episode, "Soul" shows us he in fact isn't that shallow (Superknuckles having seen the episode, eh?).

Then you're naturally confused because of the ambiguities in the discussion and end up relating what Superknuckles already has said while thumping him for something unrelated to his thoughts ... sort of. More confusion - grammar and nouns.... O.o

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-04-18 at 03:07.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 03:02   Link #942
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Except that there weren't enough nouns and complete sentences being used to understand each other.

Leedizzle seems to be saying if he were "Soul" he'd have actually betrayed Maka and gone with the witch Blair (boobs ftw).
Superknuckles thought that would have been a seriously shallow decision - fortunately, in the series "Soul" shows us he really isn't that shallow.

Then you're naturally confused because of the ambiguities in the discussion. Grammar and nouns....
Oh, I totally followed that line of thinking towards what Leedizzle was saying, so I was trying to tell Superknuckles not to worry because what I thought he was insinuating from misinterpreting the previous post was not the case in the show itself. It just took a while to write it better

Yeah, lol... I was in the middle of trying to fix that. ^^; It was kinda hard to have as little as possible moment-spoiling type stuff outside of the spoiler tag while still giving vague enough info to back up that what he was thinking of was not the case. As you say as well, Soul shows us he really isn't that shallow (which I was probably pointlessly trying too hard to put in the spoiler tags )

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-04-18 at 03:29.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 03:12   Link #943
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
I don't recall anything that really requires sensoring early on in ths series.
In the manga, there weren't any bottles blocking our view of Blair in the tub in ep1. And Tsubaki was naked in the bath, while she has a towel in both cases in ep2. That's censorship. :P

According to certain Japanese sources in the know, the ONLY difference between Late Show and Regular is pretty much what we're seeing now:

- Late Show logo at the start
- Nonsense recycled footage after the eyecatch
- Nonsense recycled footaged after the ED
- Longer preview of the next episode
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 04:20   Link #944
Westlo
Lets be reality

From all the scanlated material (1-23) I've read.. there's nothing that even comes close to the blatant fanservice that has already been censored in both the regular and late night version. I really don't see the point of the late night version at this stage... especially if it's as duckroll says just

- Late Show logo at the start
- Nonsense recycled footage after the eyecatch
- Nonsense recycled footaged after the ED
- Longer preview of the next episode

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-04-18 at 04:50.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 04:47   Link #945
solomon

Yes well, we still have time to see. It gonna run for a full year.

Miyano's playing Kidd huh, at first I was like AHHHH, whatever. But now i think his voice will fit the quirky goth prep perfectly (only other person I could think of who would fit would be Fukuyama Jun but we all know who's he busy hamming it up as.)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 05:41   Link #946
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

In case the late night version will be for censorship . . .there aren't much to censor in the later episodes . . . perverted fanservice in the manga becomes less and less as it goes on . . .except when Blair showed up again though ^^;

So if the late night version will just have extra intros and extended previews . . . it's such a waste of time x_x They could have put it all in one go -_-
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 05:44   Link #947
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Just me, the guy who hasn't read the manga, but I found Black Star and Tsubaki much more interesting than the first pair. And I thought his boyish voice suited the character perfectly, given his inferiority/superiority complex. Yes, he's arrogant as hell - but it's obviously a show, overcompensating for his short guy complex. Really liked these two a lot - and of course, Bones never does anything less than interesting visually.
I find both couples very interesting ... they kind of make a nice contrast in relationships.
Old 2008-04-18, 06:02   Link #948
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
I find both couples very interesting ... they kind of make a nice contrast in relationships.
True.

My impression of Soul and Maka is that they're like married couples, with their Arguments but understanding of each other.

Initially, I was expectly a brother-sister relationship between Black Star and Tsubaki. In the end, I can't help but think of something along the lines of "Marge and Homer" After all, Tsubaki chose Black Star because of what she sees in him...

Which makes me wonder of Death the Kid relation with his two human weapons...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 07:00   Link #949
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
True.

My impression of Soul and Maka is that they're like married couples, with their Arguments but understanding of each other.

Initially, I was expectly a brother-sister relationship between Black Star and Tsubaki. In the end, I can't help but think of something along the lines of "Marge and Homer" After all, Tsubaki chose Black Star because of what she sees in him...

Soul and Maka are like married couples . . . . with their constant bickering yet care-deeply-for-each-other-side . . . . xD Oh yessss

Black Star and Tsubaki like having a sibling relationship . . . with the ever-so-nice Tsubaki spoiling the lil' bro . . .yesssss xD

Kid's relationship with the two girls is more like very close friendship and admiration/support towards each other I guess ^^; And they are freakin' sweet

Last edited by sapphire-pyro; 2008-04-18 at 07:23.
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 07:19   Link #950
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
With Black Star and Tsubaki --- i just see a younger brother, and older sister who's looking out for him.

Quote:
Two sisters and a brother of the same age. That's how i see it.
Old 2008-04-18, 08:50   Link #951
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Well aint this a weird little anime Just started this based on the traffic this thread is getting. Seems interesting. Mostly Im posting right now for 1 thing...and Im gonna ask nicely...please refrain from posting further manga spoilers, not all of us read the manga and I dont want to click something that I havent learned yet. Please be considerate to other members for that. Discuss manga stuff in manga threads please
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 08:52   Link #952
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Well aint this a weird little anime Just started this based on the traffic this thread is getting. Seems interesting. Mostly Im posting right now for 1 thing...and Im gonna ask nicely...please refrain from posting further manga spoilers, not all of us read the manga and I dont want to click something that I havent learned yet. Please be considerate to other members for that. Discuss manga stuff in manga threads please
Just a bit more then >.<

Soon.. soon.. a new home >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 08:53   Link #953
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well aint this a weird little anime Just started this based on the traffic this thread is getting.
Wouldn't mind hearing more of your thoughts actually --- it's always interesting hearing what people who have just checked out the first episode have to say.
Old 2008-04-18, 09:30   Link #954
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

@ KiNA: I hear ya

@Shiroth: Epi 1 impressed me. I wasnt expecting the comedy in it. Actually as Ive stated in alot of threads lately I didnt know what to expect (same with Nabari no Ou). The action and comedy mixed well. Though I will say it was painfully obvious that Maka and Soul werent gonna get the "right" witch to complete their mission but aside from that I really enjoyed it. The premise is interesting, I like that the weapons also have a human from. Maka's dad cracks me up...that girl def has issues with men Also Shinigami-sama is quite funny, he reminds me of someone else but I cant think of who...

Anyways off to watch epi 2 now.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 11:44   Link #955
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Soul and Maka are like married couples . . . . with their constant bickering yet care-deeply-for-each-other-side . . . . xD Oh yessss
The funny thing is, what gave me the biggest impression was Maka who had considered Soul's "betray" alike to that of her Father's cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
Kid's relationship with the two girls is more like very close friendship and admiration/support towards each other I guess ^^; And they are freakin' sweet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Old 2008-04-18, 12:14   Link #956
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmm, I'd go along with the Tsubaki/Blackstar "brother/sister" parallel except that ... I dunno, the way she looks at him and that little heartfelt speech moment. I got more of a "yeah he's an idiot but he's MY idiot and I'm working on him" feeling.

Is this thing actually greenlit for 52 episodes??????? O.O
I've thumbed some of the scanlations (but only up to what I've seen in the anime) ... I hope there's an overall story arc rather than a "kenshin of the week" feel but NO don't tell me as I'm enjoying the moment.
Old 2008-04-18, 12:32   Link #957
Moonbase

Quote:
That would be AWESOME.
Moonbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 12:36   Link #958
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also known as, the easiest fanservice ploy in the series. Can't wait!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 12:38   Link #959
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within

Quote:
Hmmmm, I'd go along with the Tsubaki/Blackstar "brother/sister" parallel except that ... I dunno, the way she looks at him and that little heartfelt speech moment. I got more of a "yeah he's an idiot but he's MY idiot and I'm working on him" feeling.
Yeah, that's pretty much the exact impression I had as well...

Quote:
I heard 51...
Old 2008-04-18, 12:45   Link #960
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Epi 1 impressed me. I wasnt expecting the comedy in it. Actually as Ive stated in alot of threads lately I didnt know what to expect (same with Nabari no Ou). The action and comedy mixed well. Though I will say it was painfully obvious that Maka and Soul werent gonna get the "right" witch to complete their mission but aside from that I really enjoyed it. The premise is interesting, I like that the weapons also have a human from. Maka's dad cracks me up...that girl def has issues with men Also Shinigami-sama is quite funny, he reminds me of someone else but I cant think of who...
That's good to hear. You basically have the same impression as a long of the first time viewers here. That's what i believe they set out to do with this series.

& regarding the episode count for this series, 51 is posted on most places, so i'm going with that.

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater