AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-03-23, 12:25   Link #541
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Going by the official site, the ninth DVD volume (which goes on sale 26th August, my Birthday ) will feature a DVD episode - Tensai Bishoujo Kagakusha Rachel-chan Episode 1. The Rachel-chan manga has been published in Champion RED Ichigo as a side story.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 20:33   Link #542
scr
my sides are in orbit
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
if there's anything i have to say about Linebarrel, it's one thing: if only GONZO can keep the quality of this series consistently, being as good as the final four episode (contrived plot twist excepted), they won't be in this dire financial situation.
__________________
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 03:19   Link #543
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
i first watch this and expect a trainwreck like dragonaut , but it turns out not that bad in the end, and much better than dragonaut, but still fall very short compare to Gonzo magnum opus Last Exile tho T_T. Ending is average cliched stuff but I like it much better than those bs inconclusive ending nowaday. <3 the ED.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:53   Link #544
hollowification
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Send a message via MSN to hollowification
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wait... who the hell were you expecting Kouichi to get paired up with?

Sorry but it was quite clear from the first episode that it was gonna be KouEmi.
true kouichi liked emi not the other girls other already kissed him girl in painkiller dont know the name and his best friend
__________________
Those who can't see the mirror of the own reflection cannot Reflect the one true self
hollowification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 00:14   Link #545
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angelas, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
if there's anything i have to say about Linebarrel, it's one thing: if only GONZO can keep the quality of this series consistently, being as good as the final four episode (contrived plot twist excepted), they won't be in this dire financial situation.
Which is funny since Linebarrel is one of the reasons why Gonzo is in it's situation though judging from DVD sales and figures it's doing considerably better than Dragonaut ever did.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 17:08   Link #546
Renan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: My house
Age: 20
Hey guys, can we just pretend Dragonaut never happened? I don't like to think about it. ;____;
Renan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 17:55   Link #547
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Wait... who the hell were you expecting Kouichi to get paired up with?

Sorry but it was quite clear from the first episode that it was gonna be KouEmi.
I knew that. I stopped watching after episode 3. I downloaded the last two episodes when i read that KouEmi was mortally wounded , but alas i was just fooled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
Hey guys, can we just pretend Dragonaut never happened? I don't like to think about it. ;____;
lol! the pain! the pain!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 18:03   Link #548
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ The pain indeed, but this series at least didn't go anywhere near that path.
But I don't think you could ever feel for the series considering you skipped to the final last two episodes...what a waste
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 19:58   Link #549
Dragon TY
Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: In an unknown world where anime is real
Why didn't they have the other mecha kids talk aleast one line like "who are you" or something. They maybe are the alternate kouichi and ami or maybe another set a heros that did a heroic sacafice that may them ended up there as well. It was a good ep,
Dragon TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 20:18   Link #550
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ The pain indeed, but this series at least didn't go anywhere near that path.
But I don't think you could ever feel for the series considering you skipped to the final last two episodes...what a waste
well, i read all the chapters of the manga that were available back then. Then realizing that it was a gonzo show, i knew they will diverge from the manga. So i stopped. I think the last anime that I watched a show from Gonzo all through was Dragonauts, thus why i said "the pain! the pain!".

Recently I am becoming more selective on what I watch. I used to watch everything that I could download, now I am more selective. Anyway, I don't know why you say it was a waste. I just wanted to see if Emi was going to stay dead or not.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 18:01   Link #551
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angelas, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, i read all the chapters of the manga that were available back then. Then realizing that it was a gonzo show, i knew they will diverge from the manga. So i stopped. I think the last anime that I watched a show from Gonzo all through was Dragonauts, thus why i said "the pain! the pain!".

Recently I am becoming more selective on what I watch. I used to watch everything that I could download, now I am more selective. Anyway, I don't know why you say it was a waste. I just wanted to see if Emi was going to stay dead or not.
Dude, wise decision on your part and you didn't miss much at all. I'm pretty much a perfectionist so after sitting through 12 episodes I wasn't gonna drop it regardless, I don't regret it since I didn't waste my hardrive at all
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 18:06   Link #552
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
well, i read all the chapters of the manga that were available back then. Then realizing that it was a gonzo show, i knew they will diverge from the manga. So i stopped. I think the last anime that I watched a show from Gonzo all through was Dragonauts, thus why i said "the pain! the pain!".

Recently I am becoming more selective on what I watch. I used to watch everything that I could download, now I am more selective. Anyway, I don't know why you say it was a waste. I just wanted to see if Emi was going to stay dead or not.
But considering that Dragonauts WAS just literally plucked from thin air...that is to expected.

At least this had some sort of base and as for the reasons why it was a waste (purely a personal opinion mind you), you might like to read this.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 18:21   Link #553
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angelas, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But considering that Dragonauts WAS just literally plucked from thin air...that is to expected.

At least this had some sort of base and as for the reasons why it was a waste (purely a personal opinion mind you), you might like to read this.
That's all find and dandy that "you" enjoyed it but your missing the big picture here, the changes made in the animated version was not meant to not enhance the story but to sell the damn dvds which has been Gonzo's method to reaching out to the otaku fanbase in the recent years, the show had it's moments but beyond that there was nothing but cheese all around, nothing noteworthy nothing memorable just cheese but it seems like viewers nowadays like cheese.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 18:46   Link #554
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
So here I am putting some thought back into the series (as in why it my not be so bad afterall) and you dismiss it as nothing but cheese.
Ironically Bleach is one of those biggest bullshit cheese "brands" out there but it seems like you are a fan of it
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 18:56   Link #555
Zippicus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
I liked this series more than I thought I would, it probably helped that it didn't take itself too seriously. At the end I only have one burning question, what was Yamashita's gender ?
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 18:56   Link #556
golthin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
But considering that Dragonauts WAS just literally plucked from thin air...that is to expected.

At least this had some sort of base and as for the reasons why it was a waste (purely a personal opinion mind you), you might like to read this.
gonzo is really in dire needs to get good writers and they need to try new things. they wonder why they have financial problems. they keep making anime in the same way and try NEW business models. That is where the problem is. they think the reason that their products are not selling well is because of the internet and that they need new business models. they keep resisting to admit that the reason is because of the way they are making anime.

Studios like J.C staff , Kyoani and Gainax don't seem to be doing as bad. Gonzo keep paying good money for license of Manga to just do as they please and just use the manga name to entice the fanbase to watch and buy the DVD.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:06   Link #557
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Sadly, Gonzo is expecting the western fanbase to react as they think they would like in Japan but really...with the internet and all, the proportion of people going out and buy DVDs is next to none compared to the leechers, especially since a lot of fans are skimpy with money. Occasionally though Gonzo do produce good stuff but fans are too preoccupied to just damn their name because of the automatic preassumption that Gonzo = crap. While I agree that they do slip up at times, so does a lot of other companies...besides Kyoani who are just being rained upon with sakura petals <----- sarcasm.
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:15   Link #558
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Occasionally though Gonzo do produce good stuff but fans are too preoccupied to just damn their name because of the automatic preassumption that Gonzo = crap.
This. I mean yeah i've had my far share of hate on Dragonaut, we all have because it's the cool think to do, though i don't dislike Gonzo, and there are far to many people who hate on them for reasons i can't agree with. There are plenty of manga adaptations that end up the same way as the one's Gonzo handle, though we don't see people hating on the studio as much as we do with the Gonzo haters. There are just far to many of them that go ott when it's not needed. This time is one of them.

I'll stick up for Linebarrel, because seriously like Deathkillz is saying, it's not that bad of a show. Like i've said before, yes it's a shame it wasn't dark like the manga is, though i've got nothing against watching a cheesy mecha show with fanservice --- like a lot of people.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:19   Link #559
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Los Angelas, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
So here I am putting some thought back into the series (as in why it my not be so bad afterall) and you dismiss it as nothing but cheese.
Ironically Bleach is one of those biggest bullshit cheese "brands" out there but it seems like you are a fan of it
So now instigating my tastes are bad based on my avatar? Way to contradict yourself and your entire argument. Not once have I mocked you or anyone for enjoying the this anime, I was stating that if you can look pass the marketing strategy Gonzo used to sell the dvds and garner viewership, then your in denial, because there is nothing of high quality being put here, the story and writing are both weak and the characters leave more to be desire but series strong points are it's mechas, fights and well boobs, there's nothing wrong for liking it for those reasons alone but to put actual thought into it is assinine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
gonzo is really in dire needs to get good writers and they need to try new things. they wonder why they have financial problems. they keep making anime in the same way and try NEW business models. That is where the problem is. they think the reason that their products are not selling well is because of the internet and that they need new business models. they keep resisting to admit that the reason is because of the way they are making anime.

Studios like J.C staff , Kyoani and Gainax don't seem to be doing as bad. Gonzo keep paying good money for license of Manga to just do as they please and just use the manga name to entice the fanbase to watch and buy the DVD.
This. Granted this isn't Gonzo's first adaptation travesty (cough "Hellising" cough) you can obviously see there methods in getting people to watch and buy these past years. With Dragonaut it was tits and mecha and with Linebarrels it's tits, mecha based on an ongoing series, so not only have they alienated fans of the original but they've destroyed any ambiance of the original material and the fact that they don't seek to improve makes it worse.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:30   Link #560
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Oh dear no, I was just retorting the "nothing noteworthy nothing memorable just cheese but it seems like viewers nowadays like cheese." statement as it seemed like you really hated "cheese" and to bring you to light that Bleach is all about cheese if you, yourself haven't noticed, that's all. And while it is true you haven't mocked anyone, you sure are mocking the series in an uncontrolled manner which makes you look like a troll (and I apologise if that isn't your intention, it's just a feeling).

Well anyway, I don't watch anime for the sake of looking at their marketing strategy or whatnot so frankly I don't give a damn if Gonzo tries to bribe viewers with BOOBS as I know it won't be working on me. What did work though was the story, the ending and the enjoyment of this series for being a "guilty pleasure".
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gonzo, mecha, sci-fi, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.